|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah repair?
(a) A cotton gin.
(b) A doorframe.
(c) An old boat.
(d) A reaper.
2. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) He once fought their tribe.
(b) He has seen them in dreams.
(c) They are from his village.
(d) They are his family.
3. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
(a) To not look back.
(b) To never fear.
(c) To remember whom he is.
(d) To be strong.
4. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) More slaves are being captured.
(b) They are waiting for officials to pass.
(c) There is a problem with the ship.
(d) The captain must pay taxes.
5. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
(a) His family graves.
(b) His land.
(c) All of these.
(d) His future.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
2. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
3. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
4. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
5. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
2. What does Elijah ask for in return for finding David?
3. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
4. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
5. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
6. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
7. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
8. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
9. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
10. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)