|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
2. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Smoke from the villages.
(c) People from other tribes.
(d) People dying.
3. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his grandfather.
(b) Moses is his father.
(c) Moses is his godfather.
(d) Moses is his uncle.
4. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) All of these.
(b) His feet.
(c) His hands.
(d) His knees.
5. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(a) Bigger meals than normal.
(b) Religious services.
(c) Planning meetings for escaping.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
2. Who owns Neela?
3. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
4. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
5. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
2. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
3. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
4. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
5. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
6. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
7. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
8. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
9. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
10. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)