|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Foster's worst habit?
2. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
(a) He will stay alive.
(b) He will find his family.
(c) All of these.
(d) He will get revenge.
3. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She has red hair.
(b) She is light skinned.
(c) She was never a slave.
(d) She is rich.
4. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
(a) His family graves.
(b) All of these.
(c) His future.
(d) His land.
5. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a canoe.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In a village.
(d) In a hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
2. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
3. What is the name of Moses's wife?
4. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
5. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
2. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
3. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
4. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
5. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
6. What happens when Lizzy finds Lem after dark?
7. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
8. How does Foster die?
9. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
10. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)