|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
(a) People dying.
(b) People from other tribes.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Smoke from the villages.
2. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
(a) They have never been responsible for themselves.
(b) They have no money.
(c) There is no respect for them.
(d) They are afraid of all white men.
3. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 4 months.
4. What does the Klan do to freed slaves?
(a) Debates with them.
(b) Terrorizes them.
(c) Pays them.
(d) Finds new homes for them.
5. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
(a) Plowing a field.
(b) Riding a horse.
(c) Fighting another man.
(d) Running down a slope.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Lem and Moses related?
2. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
3. How do men in the Klan dress?
4. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
5. What is Moses's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
2. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
3. What is a boom stick?
4. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
5. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
6. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
7. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
8. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
9. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
10. What does Elijah ask for in return for finding David?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)