|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
(b) Mister Joe.
(c) Miss Lewis.
2. What kind of music does Elijah's cousin love?
(d) Slow jazz.
3. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
4. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
(a) Scrap metal.
(c) Fish and Crab.
(d) Corn and wheat.
5. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
2. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
3. How is Elijah related to Moses?
4. What is Moses's last name?
5. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
2. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
3. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
4. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
5. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
6. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
7. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
8. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
9. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
10. What is a boom stick?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)