|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
(a) The white house.
(b) The master house.
(c) The big house.
(d) The main house.
2. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
3. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) Some land.
(c) Free admission to the plantation.
(d) Back-logged wages.
4. What is the name of Moses's wife?
5. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Tall Oaks.
(b) Live Oaks.
(c) Strong Oaks.
(d) Merry Oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
2. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
3. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
4. Where does Elijah's father work?
5. What are the slaves initially sold for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
2. Why is Shep so uncomfortable on his way to the family reunion?
3. What does Planter leave for Malcolm when he dies?
4. Why is Malcolm so grateful to his great-aunt?
5. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
6. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
7. What happens after Luvenia's scheme with Florenz, and why?
8. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
9. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
10. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)