|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He has one leg.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
2. What is Foster's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Telegraph worker.
3. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A country.
(b) A river.
(c) A ship.
(d) A city.
4. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
(b) Ways to escape.
(c) Lem's punishment.
(d) The war.
5. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
2. What does the Lewis family call their land?
3. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
5. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
2. What happens when Lizzy finds Lem after dark?
3. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
4. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
5. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
6. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
7. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
8. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
9. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
10. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)