|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(a) Trade goods.
(c) Political privileges.
2. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
(a) Paints pictures.
(b) Farms land.
(c) Sews dresses.
(d) Tends to a white child.
3. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
(a) Fish and Crab.
(b) Scrap metal.
(c) Corn and wheat.
4. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Drinks tea.
(b) Holds a shade.
(c) Makes cookies.
(d) Waits on her.
5. Who owns Neela?
(a) Mr. Law.
(b) Mr. Foster.
(c) Mr. Freeman.
(d) Mr. Lewis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
2. What is Sierra Leone?
3. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
4. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
5. Where does Lizzy want to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Foster die?
2. Why did Elijah and Abby fix up an old boat?
3. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
4. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
5. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
6. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
7. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
8. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
9. What is a boom stick?
10. What is the deepest feeling felt by Muhammad on the ship, and why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)