|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He has one leg.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
2. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
3. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
4. Where does Elijah's father work?
(a) The pulp mills.
(b) The docks.
(c) The town market place.
(d) The cotton factory.
5. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Richard married to?
2. What kind of animal is Sukey?
3. How do men in the Klan dress?
4. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
5. How is Elijah related to Moses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
2. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
3. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
4. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
5. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
6. What is the deepest feeling felt by Muhammad on the ship, and why?
7. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
8. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
9. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
10. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)