|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
2. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his uncle.
(b) Moses is his godfather.
(c) Moses is his grandfather.
(d) Moses is his father.
3. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
4. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His knees.
(b) His hands.
(c) All of these.
(d) His feet.
5. What is Muhammad's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
2. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
3. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
4. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
5. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tommy say about the march after it is completed?
2. What is placed before the beginning of the narrative, and what does it show?
3. How does Foster die?
4. Why does Tommy not join the march in Johnson City?
5. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
6. What happens when Lizzy finds Lem after dark?
7. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
8. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
9. What does the North symbolize for many black people at this time in history?
10. Why did Elijah and Abby fix up an old boat?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)