|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
2. What is Mister Joe's last name?
3. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) The women usually do not work that field.
(b) The weather is not suitable.
(c) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(d) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
4. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(d) Medicine Man.
5. Where does Lizzy want to move?
(b) Johnson City.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
2. Where is Muhammad shackled?
3. What kind of animal is Sukey?
4. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
5. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
2. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
3. How does Foster die?
4. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
5. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
6. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
7. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
8. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
9. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
10. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)