|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) They are from his village.
(b) He once fought their tribe.
(c) He has seen them in dreams.
(d) They are his family.
2. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a hut.
(c) In a village.
(d) On a canoe.
3. How are Lem and Moses related?
(a) Lem is his father.
(b) Lem is his son.
(c) Lem is his brother.
(d) Lem is his cousin.
4. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
5. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
(a) 6 acres.
(b) 8 acres.
(c) 12. acres.
(d) 10 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
2. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
3. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
4. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
5. Where does Lizzy want to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luvenia feel about big cities?
2. What does Sheriff Moser say to the Klan demonstrators?
3. What does Florenz convince Luvenia to do for her so she can go out?
4. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
5. Why does Luvenia not want to move to Glory Field with her family?
6. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
7. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
8. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
9. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
10. What are Jennie Epps's plans for the future?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)