|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
2. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
(a) To prove men wrong.
(b) To make men smile.
(c) To test her faith.
(d) To bridge a gap.
3. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A country.
(b) A ship.
(c) A river.
(d) A city.
4. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His feet.
(b) All of these.
(c) His hands.
(d) His knees.
5. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
(a) Lem's punishment.
(b) Ways to escape.
(c) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
2. Who helps Elijah repair something?
3. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the Lewis family call their land?
5. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
2. What does Elijah ask for in return for finding David?
3. Why does Sheriff Glover pull a gun on Elijah?
4. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
5. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
6. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
7. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
8. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
9. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
10. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)