|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns Neela?
(a) Mr. Lewis.
(b) Mr. Law.
(c) Mr. Freeman.
(d) Mr. Foster.
2. What does Elijah repair?
(a) A doorframe.
(b) A reaper.
(c) A cotton gin.
(d) An old boat.
3. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(b) Political privileges.
(d) Trade goods.
4. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(b) The women usually do not work that field.
(c) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(d) The weather is not suitable.
5. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
2. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
3. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
4. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
5. What is the name of Moses's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
2. Why did Elijah and Abby fix up an old boat?
3. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
4. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
5. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
6. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
7. Why does Sheriff Glover pull a gun on Elijah?
8. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
9. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
10. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)