|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Elijah's father?
2. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a hut.
(c) On a canoe.
(d) In a village.
3. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
(a) Miss Lewis.
(d) Mister Joe.
4. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
5. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 39 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
2. What is Foster's occupation?
3. Where is Muhammad shackled?
4. What does Muhammad call guns?
5. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
2. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
3. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
4. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
5. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
6. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
7. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
8. What advice does Richard give to Elijah before he goes looking for David, and why?
9. How does Foster die?
10. What is a boom stick?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)