|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
2. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Glory Field.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Emancipation Plantation.
(d) Freedom Place.
3. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In robes and hoods.
(b) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
(c) In masks and heavy coats.
(d) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
4. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his uncle.
(b) Moses is his grandfather.
(c) Moses is his father.
(d) Moses is his godfather.
5. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
(a) They have no money.
(b) There is no respect for them.
(c) They have never been responsible for themselves.
(d) They are afraid of all white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns Neela?
2. How did Moses come by his last name?
3. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
4. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
5. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
2. Why does Sheriff Glover pull a gun on Elijah?
3. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
4. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
5. What is a boom stick?
6. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
7. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
8. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
9. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
10. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)