|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mister Joe's last name?
2. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(b) Trade goods.
(d) Political privileges.
3. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
(a) The war.
(c) Lem's punishment.
(d) Ways to escape.
4. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
5. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
2. How is Elijah related to Moses?
3. How did Lem die?
4. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
5. Who owns Neela?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Foster die?
2. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
3. What does Elijah ask for in return for finding David?
4. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
5. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
6. How do the other slaves say goodbye to Lizzy when she leaves Live Oaks?
7. What is placed before the beginning of the narrative, and what does it show?
8. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
9. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
10. Why does Sheriff Glover pull a gun on Elijah?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)