|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal is Sukey?
2. What is Foster's worst habit?
3. What does Julia ask Lizzy to do?
(a) Read to her.
(b) Walk with her.
(c) Some gardening.
(d) Some cleaning.
4. What is Moses's last name?
5. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elijah's father live?
2. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
3. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
4. How are Joshua and Moses related?
5. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
2. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
3. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
4. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
5. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
6. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
7. How does Foster die?
8. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
9. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
10. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)