Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
(b) Corn and wheat.
(c) Fish and Crab.
(d) Scrap metal.
2. What is Foster's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Telegraph worker.
3. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
4. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She was never a slave.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She is light skinned.
(d) She has red hair.
5. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elijah's father work?
2. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
3. What is Mister Joe's last name?
4. What is the name of Elijah's father?
5. What is Sierra Leone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
2. What is the main question weighing on Muhammad's mind after his capture?
3. What makes Malcolm feel that he is finally on his way in life?
4. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
5. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
6. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
7. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
8. What happens to Skeeter after the march, and why?
9. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
10. What happens to the ticket money given to Shep to get to the family reunion?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)