|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
2. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(d) Medicine Man.
3. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He has one leg.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
4. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Mature minds.
(c) Religious hearts.
5. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sierra Leone?
2. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
3. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
4. What are the slaves initially sold for?
5. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it hard for many slave descendants to track their family history?
2. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
3. Why does Elijah refuse to split the reward money with Sheriff Glover?
4. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
5. How did Lizzy first come to know Moses and Saran?
6. How does Foster die?
7. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
8. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
9. What does Abby think about the post-slavery black children?
10. What happens when Lizzy finds Lem after dark?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)