|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
(a) 6 acres.
(b) 10 acres.
(c) 12. acres.
(d) 8 acres.
2. Who helps Elijah repair something?
3. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
4. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 39 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
5. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a village.
(b) On a canoe.
(c) In a hut.
(d) On a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Joshua and Moses related?
2. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
3. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
4. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
5. Where is Lem buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Master Lewis hope will happen, because of his actions with Lem, after he returns to the plantation?
2. How does Foster die?
3. What is Frank Petty widely known for?
4. What does Muhammad promise himself while on the boat, and what prompts him to make this promise?
5. What do Muhammad's shackles mean to his descendants?
6. What does Saran say is different about Joshua?
7. What keeps Muhammad from sleeping at night while on the ship?
8. What happens when Lizzy finds Lem after dark?
9. What is the most startling thing to Muhammad about his captors?
10. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)