|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(c) Political privileges.
(d) Trade goods.
2. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A bunkhouse.
(b) An entertainment site.
(c) A meeting hall.
(d) A gathering place.
3. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
(a) When it gets cold.
(b) At night.
(c) At meal times.
(d) In the morning.
4. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
(a) To remember whom he is.
(b) To never fear.
(c) To be strong.
(d) To not look back.
5. Whom is Richard married to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
2. What is Moses's last name?
3. What kind of animal is Sukey?
4. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
5. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lizzy go looking for Lem after everyone else is asleep?
2. What is a boom stick?
3. What is the story Moses tells of two slaves who attacked a white man?
4. Why does Saran worry about David Turner when she is not with him?
5. What does Master Lewis tell Mister Joe to do with Lem?
6. What kind of music does Abby love, and how does Saran feel about it?
7. Why did Elijah and Abby fix up an old boat?
8. What does Julia tell Lizzy the difference between white people and black people is?
9. What privileges are given to Muhammad while on the ship?
10. Why does Lizzy choose to leave Live Oaks?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)