|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Being black.
(b) Not having a boyfriend.
(c) Going to Curry Island.
(d) Not having enough money.
2. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the name of Elijah's son?
4. What sport did Leonard Chase play?
(b) Track and Field.
5. How did Tommy die?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He was killed in Viet Nam.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) He had pneumonia.
6. What is Robert's nickname?
7. What does Florenz want Luvenia's help with?
(a) Getting permission to drive the car.
(b) Getting her a job similar to her own.
(c) Getting a boy to notice her.
(d) Getting a loan for college.
8. How are Miss Etta and Luvenia related?
(a) Miss Etta is her aunt.
(b) Miss Etta is her cousin.
(c) Miss Etta is her great aunt.
(d) Miss Etta is her Godmother.
9. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) At the school playground.
(b) In Central Park.
(c) At the train station.
(d) In front of the Apollo Theater.
10. What does Mr. Deets promise to do for Luvenia after she has been fired?
(a) Give her a recommendation.
(b) Sign her affidavit.
(c) Give her severance pay.
(d) Find her another position.
11. What is Tommy's team mascot?
12. Where does Tommy work?
(a) At a diner.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a grocery store.
(d) At a farrier.
13. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
(a) Hearing stories.
(b) Being alone with his thoughts.
(c) Working with his hands.
(d) The heat of the day.
14. What is the name of Malcolm's grandfather?
15. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
(b) Styling her hair.
(c) Sewing a dress.
(d) Packing her bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shep say gives him a lot of pressure?
2. What is different about Delaney High School?
3. What did Robert buy at an auction?
4. Why does Tommy not want to go to Johnson City State College?
5. Where does Tommy live?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)