|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
2. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
(a) Scouts players.
(b) Recruits black students.
(d) Gives motivational speeches.
3. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He is carsick.
(b) He is in withdrawal.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He forces himself to.
4. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
(a) Mrs. Deets.
(b) Mr. Deets.
(d) Mr. Parish.
5. What is Jennie grateful for after the march?
(a) Her voice was heard.
(b) The news media was there.
(c) There was a large crowd.
(d) Nobody was hurt.
6. How are Miss Etta and Luvenia related?
(a) Miss Etta is her great aunt.
(b) Miss Etta is her cousin.
(c) Miss Etta is her aunt.
(d) Miss Etta is her Godmother.
7. Where does Tommy work?
(a) At a diner.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At a farrier.
(d) In a grocery store.
8. What is different about Meharry College?
(a) It is segregated.
(b) It is for blacks.
(c) It is co-ed.
(d) It allows women.
9. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(b) In Central Park.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At the school playground.
10. What does Shep say gives him a lot of pressure?
(a) Being a Lewis.
(b) Hearing from his mother.
(c) Owing money to others.
(d) His illness.
11. What is the name of Tommy's mother?
12. What instrument does Jenn play?
13. What is Robert's nickname?
14. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
(a) Crack balloons.
(d) Gospel cassettes.
15. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
2. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
3. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
4. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
5. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)