|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Tommy's boss not associate with him in public?
(a) He is black.
(b) All of these.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is poor.
2. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
(a) Gives motivational speeches.
(b) Recruits black students.
(c) Scouts players.
3. How are Shep and Malcolm related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Shep is Malcolm's uncle.
(d) They are half-brothers.
4. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) The Klan.
(d) The White Supremacists.
5. Where does Tommy live?
(d) Johnson City.
6. What instrument does Jenn play?
7. Why does Tommy not want to go to Johnson City State College?
(a) It is segregated.
(b) It is too far away from his family.
(c) All of these.
(d) It is too expensive.
8. How much does Florenz pay Luvenia for her help?
9. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Negroes are educated.
(b) Negroes are racist.
(c) Black people are educated.
(d) Black people are bitter.
10. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
(b) Mr. Deets.
(c) Mr. Parish.
(d) Mrs. Deets.
11. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
(a) She sells papers on the corner.
(b) She goes to the same church.
(c) She is the Deetses' daughter.
(d) She lives next door.
12. Where does Luvenia want to live?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
13. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) She is mean to Florenz.
(b) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(c) Some things were stolen.
(d) She asks for an affidavit.
14. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
15. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
2. How did Tommy die?
3. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
4. What happens to Tommy's best friends while his parents are out of town?
5. What is wrong with Shep?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)