|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
(a) It is a good step in the right direction.
(b) It is necessary for success.
(c) It is a pipe dream.
(d) It would be reaching beyond herself.
2. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
(a) Gives her raises.
(b) Looks her in the eye.
(c) Compliments her.
(d) Pays her on time.
3. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
(a) Rent money.
(b) Land taxes.
(c) College tuition.
(d) Travel fare.
4. Where does Luvenia want to live?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
5. How did Tommy die?
(a) He had pneumonia.
(b) He was killed in Viet Nam.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was mugged.
6. What is the name of Tommy's boss?
(a) Miss Robbins.
(b) Mrs. Roberts.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Mr. Richards.
7. Where does Tommy live?
(d) Johnson City.
8. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
9. What is Mr. Moser's title?
10. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Negroes are racist.
(b) Black people are bitter.
(c) Negroes are educated.
(d) Black people are educated.
11. Where does Shep live?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) A homeless shelter.
12. What is wrong with Shep?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has anger issues.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is a crack addict.
13. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Tell people what his plans are.
(b) March in civil rights marches.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Get hurt.
14. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
(a) She sells papers on the corner.
(b) She lives next door.
(c) She is the Deetses' daughter.
(d) She goes to the same church.
15. What does Luvenia need Mrs. Deets to sign an affidavit for?
(a) To prove her income.
(b) To keep her in Chicago.
(c) To support her paternal claims.
(d) To enroll her in college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
2. What is Jenn's last name?
3. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
4. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
5. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)