|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
(a) Mrs. Deets.
(b) Mr. Deets.
(d) Mr. Parish.
2. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
(a) They are practically strangers.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are best friends.
(d) They are strained acquaintances.
3. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
(a) Get him a scholarship.
(b) Form fundraisers.
(c) Get him a loan.
(d) Find him a job.
4. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
5. Why does Tommy not want to go to Johnson City State College?
(a) All of these.
(b) It is segregated.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is too far away from his family.
6. What is Mr. Moser's title?
7. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
(a) Pays her on time.
(b) Gives her raises.
(c) Compliments her.
(d) Looks her in the eye.
8. How are Miss Etta and Luvenia related?
(a) Miss Etta is her cousin.
(b) Miss Etta is her great aunt.
(c) Miss Etta is her Godmother.
(d) Miss Etta is her aunt.
9. What is Malcolm talented in?
(b) All of these.
10. Where does Malcolm work?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A cosmetic factory.
(c) A potato farm.
(d) A music hall.
11. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
12. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
(a) Hearing stories.
(b) Working with his hands.
(c) The heat of the day.
(d) Being alone with his thoughts.
13. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
(b) Crack balloons.
(c) Gospel cassettes.
14. What is different about Delaney High School?
(a) It has blacks and whites.
(b) It has black students.
(c) It is a private school.
(d) It is for disabled children.
15. What kind of party is thrown for Luvenia?
(a) A rent party.
(b) A congratulatory party.
(c) A going away party.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
2. Where does Malcolm live?
3. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
4. What does Malcolm agree to let Jenn do?
5. What is Robert's nickname?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)