|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tommy's school do for the first time while he is on the team?
(a) Wins the tournament.
(b) Wins against Chicago Prep.
(c) Has black starting players.
(d) Loses to Detroit Prep.
2. What instrument does Malcolm play?
(b) String bass.
(c) Alto flute.
3. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) Some things were stolen.
(b) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(c) She asks for an affidavit.
(d) She is mean to Florenz.
4. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
(a) Being alone with his thoughts.
(b) The heat of the day.
(c) Hearing stories.
(d) Working with his hands.
5. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Tell people what his plans are.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Get hurt.
(d) March in civil rights marches.
6. How does Chase describe the opportunity for Tommy to go to Johnson City State College?
7. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
(c) All of these.
8. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Black people are bitter.
(b) Black people are educated.
(c) Negroes are educated.
(d) Negroes are racist.
9. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
10. What does Malcolm agree to let Jenn do?
(a) Meet Shep.
(b) Be in his band.
(c) Record his band playing.
(d) Travel to the family reunion with him.
11. What is wrong with Shep?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He has anger issues.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is a crack addict.
12. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is carsick.
(c) He is in withdrawal.
(d) He forces himself to.
13. Why will Tommy's boss not associate with him in public?
(a) He is younger.
(b) He is poor.
(c) All of these.
(d) He is black.
14. What is Malcolm talented in?
(b) All of these.
15. Why does Malcolm refuse to give Shep any money?
(a) He promised his aunt he would not.
(b) He wants Malcolm to stay by him.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He knows he will spend it on drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
2. What does Shep say gives him a lot of pressure?
3. What is different about Meharry College?
4. What is the name of Tommy's boss?
5. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)