|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert's nickname?
2. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
(a) Political School.
(b) Nursing school.
(c) Medical school.
(d) Teaching school.
3. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) At the school playground.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(d) In Central Park.
4. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
(a) Her skin color.
(b) Her dreams.
(c) Her life struggle.
(d) Her place in life.
5. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
(a) The White Supremacists.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) The Klan.
(d) The Black Panthers.
6. Why does Shep vomit on his way to the family reunion?
(a) He is in withdrawal.
(b) He forces himself to.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is carsick.
7. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) She is mean to Florenz.
(b) She asks for an affidavit.
(c) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(d) Some things were stolen.
8. Where does Luvenia want to live?
(a) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
(c) All of these.
10. What is the name of Elijah's wife?
11. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
(a) Get him a loan.
(b) Form fundraisers.
(c) Get him a scholarship.
(d) Find him a job.
12. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
(a) It is necessary for success.
(b) It is a good step in the right direction.
(c) It would be reaching beyond herself.
(d) It is a pipe dream.
13. What is Mr. Moser's title?
14. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her figure.
(d) Her children.
15. What instrument does Malcolm play?
(b) Alto flute.
(d) String bass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tommy live?
2. How did Tommy die?
3. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
4. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
5. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)