|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Meharry College?
(a) It is segregated.
(b) It is co-ed.
(c) It is for blacks.
(d) It allows women.
2. What is wrong with Shep?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He has anger issues.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is a crack addict.
3. What does Tommy's school do for the first time while he is on the team?
(a) Wins the tournament.
(b) Loses to Detroit Prep.
(c) Has black starting players.
(d) Wins against Chicago Prep.
4. What is the name of Tommy's boss?
(a) Mr. Rogers.
(b) Miss Robbins.
(c) Mrs. Roberts.
(d) Mr. Richards.
5. What is Tommy's team mascot?
6. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Get hurt.
(b) March in civil rights marches.
(c) Tell people what his plans are.
(d) Quit his job.
7. How much does Florenz pay Luvenia for her help?
8. What instrument does Jenn play?
9. What instrument does Malcolm play?
(b) Alto flute.
(d) String bass.
10. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) Some things were stolen.
(b) She asks for an affidavit.
(c) She is mean to Florenz.
(d) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
11. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
(a) Protecting his family.
(b) Keeping the land in the family.
(c) Avoiding the South.
(d) Getting an education.
12. Where does Malcolm work?
(a) A cosmetic factory.
(b) A music hall.
(c) A potato farm.
(d) A grocery market.
13. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Miss Etta.
14. Where does Shep live?
(a) The YMCA.
(b) A homeless shelter.
(c) An alleyway.
(d) Under a bridge.
15. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florenz want Luvenia's help with?
2. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
3. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
4. What is the name of Elijah's wife?
5. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)