|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tommy work?
(a) At a farrier.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) At a diner.
(d) In a grocery store.
2. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) Some things were stolen.
(b) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(c) She is mean to Florenz.
(d) She asks for an affidavit.
3. What is Mr. Smith's occupation?
(b) Bus Driver.
4. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
5. What is Malcolm talented in?
(a) All of these.
6. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
(b) Glory Field.
(d) San Francisco.
7. What did Robert buy at an auction?
(a) A cotton gin.
(b) Muhammad's shackles.
(c) A whip.
(d) Tommy's uniform.
8. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Being black.
(b) Going to Curry Island.
(c) Not having enough money.
(d) Not having a boyfriend.
9. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
10. How many children does Elijah have?
11. What does Luvenia need Mrs. Deets to sign an affidavit for?
(a) To support her paternal claims.
(b) To prove her income.
(c) To keep her in Chicago.
(d) To enroll her in college.
12. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
(a) Scouts players.
(c) Gives motivational speeches.
(d) Recruits black students.
13. Where does Shep live?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) The YMCA.
14. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
15. What instrument does Malcolm play?
(c) Alto flute.
(d) String bass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
2. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
3. What sport did Leonard Chase play?
4. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
5. What is different about Delaney High School?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)