|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jenn's last name?
2. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
(d) All of these.
3. What sport does Tommy play?
4. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Get hurt.
(b) March in civil rights marches.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Tell people what his plans are.
5. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
(a) Miss Etta.
(b) Her neighbor.
(d) Her father.
6. What crop is grown on Glory Field?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
7. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
8. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
(a) Packing her bags.
(c) Styling her hair.
(d) Sewing a dress.
9. What does Mr. Deets promise to do for Luvenia after she has been fired?
(a) Find her another position.
(b) Sign her affidavit.
(c) Give her severance pay.
(d) Give her a recommendation.
10. Where does Malcolm get abandoned while heading to the family reunion?
(a) A diner.
(b) A bus stop.
(c) A train station.
(d) An alleyway.
11. How are Shep and Malcolm related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Shep is Malcolm's uncle.
12. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
(a) Glory Field.
(b) San Francisco.
13. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
(a) She is the Deetses' daughter.
(b) She sells papers on the corner.
(c) She lives next door.
(d) She goes to the same church.
14. What is the name of Tommy's boss?
(a) Mr. Richards.
(b) Mrs. Roberts.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Miss Robbins.
15. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
2. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
3. Where does Malcolm work?
4. What is the name of Tommy's mother?
5. What is Mr. Smith's occupation?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)