|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
(a) She wants to be in movies.
(b) She wants to be the president.
(c) She wants to marry Tommy.
(d) She wants to go to college.
2. What does Malcolm enjoy while working at the farm?
(a) Hearing stories.
(b) Working with his hands.
(c) Being alone with his thoughts.
(d) The heat of the day.
3. Where does Malcolm live?
(d) New York.
4. Where does Tommy work?
(a) In a grocery store.
(b) At a farrier.
(c) At a diner.
(d) In a hotel.
5. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her figure.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her business.
6. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Get hurt.
(c) Tell people what his plans are.
(d) March in civil rights marches.
7. What is Mr. Moser's title?
8. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her husband dies.
(b) When her business suffers.
(c) When her children grow up.
(d) When her business booms.
9. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
(a) Gospel cassettes.
(b) Crack balloons.
10. Who throws a party for Luvenia?
(a) Miss Etta.
11. Why does Tommy go to Cadet Park on the day of the marches?
(a) To exercise.
(b) To see the Klan plans.
(c) To meet up with Skeeter.
(d) To feed the birds.
12. What does Malcolm love about his family?
(a) Their love.
(b) Their heritage.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) Their passion.
13. What is different about Meharry College?
(a) It is co-ed.
(b) It allows women.
(c) It is segregated.
(d) It is for blacks.
14. Where is Malcolm's family reunion held?
(a) Johnson City.
(d) Glory Field.
15. What is Malcolm talented in?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Deetses' dog'?
2. How did Tommy die?
3. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
4. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
5. Where does Tommy live?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)