|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Not having a boyfriend.
(b) Being black.
(c) Not having enough money.
(d) Going to Curry Island.
2. Who brings word that Luvenia has been fired?
(b) Mr. Deets.
(c) Mr. Parish.
(d) Mrs. Deets.
3. Where does Luvenia want to live?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
4. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her business booms.
(b) When her husband dies.
(c) When her business suffers.
(d) When her children grow up.
5. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Glory Field.
6. Where does Shep live?
(a) A homeless shelter.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) The YMCA.
7. What did Robert buy at an auction?
(a) A cotton gin.
(b) A whip.
(c) Tommy's uniform.
(d) Muhammad's shackles.
8. Where does Tommy live?
(b) Johnson City.
9. What sport does Tommy play?
10. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
(a) Land taxes.
(b) Travel fare.
(c) Rent money.
(d) College tuition.
11. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
12. Why will Tommy's boss not associate with him in public?
(a) All of these.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He is poor.
13. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that are segregated.
(b) Businesses that hire black men.
(c) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(d) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
14. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
(a) Get him a loan.
(b) Form fundraisers.
(c) Find him a job.
(d) Get him a scholarship.
15. What is Tommy's team mascot?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
2. Where does Malcolm live?
3. How did Tommy die?
4. What is Mr. Smith's occupation?
5. What will be built on Glory Field?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)