|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
2. What is different about Delaney High School?
(a) It is for disabled children.
(b) It has blacks and whites.
(c) It is a private school.
(d) It has black students.
3. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) At the school playground.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(d) In Central Park.
4. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Not having enough money.
(b) Not having a boyfriend.
(c) Being black.
(d) Going to Curry Island.
5. What does Chase say Tommy must do to play for Johnson City State College?
(a) Deal with persecution.
(b) Sign a contract.
(c) Skip his senior year.
(d) Pay half the tuition.
6. How does Luvenia know Florenz?
(a) She sells papers on the corner.
(b) She goes to the same church.
(c) She lives next door.
(d) She is the Deetses' daughter.
7. What sport did Leonard Chase play?
(a) Track and Field.
8. Who throws a party for Luvenia?
(d) Miss Etta.
9. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
(a) Looks her in the eye.
(b) Compliments her.
(c) Pays her on time.
(d) Gives her raises.
10. What is wrong with Shep?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has anger issues.
(c) He is a crack addict.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
11. How many children does Elijah have?
12. Where does Malcolm get abandoned while heading to the family reunion?
(a) A bus stop.
(b) A diner.
(c) A train station.
(d) An alleyway.
13. What does Tommy's school do for the first time while he is on the team?
(a) Wins the tournament.
(b) Wins against Chicago Prep.
(c) Has black starting players.
(d) Loses to Detroit Prep.
14. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
(b) Glory Field.
(d) San Francisco.
15. What is the name of Malcolm's band?
(a) Black Cats.
(c) Swing Kids.
(d) String Theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
2. How are Miss Etta and Luvenia related?
3. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
4. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
5. What will be built on Glory Field?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)