|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is thrown at the civil rights marchers?
(a) All of these.
2. What sport did Leonard Chase play?
(d) Track and Field.
3. What instrument does Malcolm play?
(c) String bass.
(d) Alto flute.
4. Where does Tommy dream of going while sweeping?
(a) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) All of these.
5. Why does Malcolm refuse to give Shep any money?
(a) He promised his aunt he would not.
(b) He wants Malcolm to stay by him.
(c) He is selfish.
(d) He knows he will spend it on drugs.
6. What crop is grown on Glory Field?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
7. What does Shep say gives him a lot of pressure?
(a) Owing money to others.
(b) Being a Lewis.
(c) Hearing from his mother.
(d) His illness.
8. Where does Malcolm live?
(d) New York.
9. Why has Luvenia been fired?
(a) Some things were stolen.
(b) She asks for an affidavit.
(c) There is a rumor she is pregnant.
(d) She is mean to Florenz.
10. What is Malcolm's great aunt devoted to?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her figure.
11. What is Robert's nickname?
12. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
(a) They are best friends.
(b) They are practically strangers.
(c) They are strained acquaintances.
(d) They are enemies.
13. How does Malcolm get to his family reunion?
(a) He bums a ride on the train.
(b) His friends take a road trip.
(c) His great aunt buys him a ticket.
(d) He hitchhikes.
14. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
(b) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(c) Businesses that are segregated.
(d) Businesses that hire black men.
15. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Going to Curry Island.
(b) Not having a boyfriend.
(c) Being black.
(d) Not having enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm love about his family?
2. How does Luvenia feel while driving with Florenz?
3. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
4. How did Tommy die?
5. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)