|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop is grown on Glory Field?
(c) Sweet potatoes.
2. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
(a) Miss Etta.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her neighbor.
3. How much does Florenz pay Luvenia for her help?
4. What is the name of Malcolm's grandfather?
5. What is Shep selling before Malcolm finds him before their trip?
(b) Gospel cassettes.
(d) Crack balloons.
6. What kind of businesses does McKinnon boycott?
(a) Businesses that are segregated.
(b) Businesses that pay blacks the same as white men.
(c) Businesses that will not hire black men.
(d) Businesses that hire black men.
7. What does Leonard Chase do now for colleges?
(a) Recruits black students.
(b) Gives motivational speeches.
(d) Scouts players.
8. What does Florenz want Luvenia's help with?
(a) Getting her a job similar to her own.
(b) Getting a loan for college.
(c) Getting a boy to notice her.
(d) Getting permission to drive the car.
9. When does Malcolm's great aunt begin to travel?
(a) When her husband dies.
(b) When her business suffers.
(c) When her business booms.
(d) When her children grow up.
10. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
(a) Sewing a dress.
(b) Packing her bags.
(d) Styling her hair.
11. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Not having enough money.
(b) Not having a boyfriend.
(c) Going to Curry Island.
(d) Being black.
12. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
(a) They are strained acquaintances.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are practically strangers.
(d) They are enemies.
13. Where is Shep when Malcolm finds him?
(a) In front of the Apollo Theater.
(b) At the school playground.
(c) In Central Park.
(d) At the train station.
14. What is wrong with Shep?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He has anger issues.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is a crack addict.
15. How many children does Elijah have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the business Malcolm works for?
2. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
3. What kind of party is thrown for Luvenia?
4. Where does Tommy work?
5. What is the name of Tommy's best friend?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)