|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
(a) His siblings.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His parents.
(d) His fiancée.
2. What kind of animal is Sukey?
3. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Mature minds.
(b) Religious hearts.
4. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To avoid more whippings.
(b) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
(c) To save his nephew.
(d) To keep a promise.
5. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) All of these.
(b) His knees.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hands.
6. How did Lem die?
(a) He was shot by a patrolman.
(b) He was beat to death.
(c) In the war.
(d) He drowned.
7. Where does Elijah's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The pulp mills.
(c) The town market place.
(d) The cotton factory.
8. Where are the slavers from?
(b) South America.
(c) The United States.
(d) New Zealand.
9. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Merry Oaks.
(b) Strong Oaks.
(c) Tall Oaks.
(d) Live Oaks.
10. What does Muhammad call guns?
(b) Boom sticks.
(c) Death toys.
(d) Fire makers.
11. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
(b) Mister Joe.
(c) Miss Lewis.
12. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(b) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(c) The women usually do not work that field.
(d) The weather is not suitable.
13. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
14. Where does Elijah's father live?
(c) South Carolina.
15. What does Julia ask Lizzy to do?
(a) Some gardening.
(b) Some cleaning.
(c) Read to her.
(d) Walk with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
2. Who helps Elijah repair something?
3. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
4. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
5. How are Joshua and Moses related?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)