|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He has one leg.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
2. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a ship.
(b) In a village.
(c) In a hut.
(d) On a canoe.
3. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(b) Planning meetings for escaping.
(c) Religious services.
(d) Bigger meals than normal.
4. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
(a) Tends to a white child.
(b) Paints pictures.
(c) Farms land.
(d) Sews dresses.
5. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The trail to African villages.
(b) The slaver's oath.
(c) The ship Muhammad is on.
(d) The trade route across the ocean.
6. Where does Lizzy want to move?
(a) Johnson City.
(c) New York.
7. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
(a) People from other tribes.
(b) Smoke from the villages.
(c) The ocean.
(d) People dying.
8. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) There is a problem with the ship.
(b) They are waiting for officials to pass.
(c) The captain must pay taxes.
(d) More slaves are being captured.
9. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He is smaller than her father.
(b) He cannot read.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He cares not for others.
10. What does the Klan do to freed slaves?
(a) Terrorizes them.
(b) Finds new homes for them.
(c) Debates with them.
(d) Pays them.
11. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 39 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
12. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Every other day.
13. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
(a) 6 acres.
(b) 12. acres.
(c) 8 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
14. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
15. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
(a) They have no money.
(b) They are afraid of all white men.
(c) They have never been responsible for themselves.
(d) There is no respect for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muhammad call guns?
2. Who owns Neela?
3. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
4. What does Elijah repair?
5. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)