|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Foster's occupation?
(c) Telegraph worker.
(d) Plantation owner.
2. How are Lem and Moses related?
(a) Lem is his son.
(b) Lem is his father.
(c) Lem is his cousin.
(d) Lem is his brother.
3. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Religious hearts.
(d) Mature minds.
4. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(a) Political privileges.
(d) Trade goods.
5. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(d) Lack of capital.
6. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The ship Muhammad is on.
(b) The trade route across the ocean.
(c) The slaver's oath.
(d) The trail to African villages.
7. What is Foster's worst habit?
8. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
(a) The master house.
(b) The white house.
(c) The big house.
(d) The main house.
9. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Plowing a field.
(c) Running down a slope.
(d) Fighting another man.
10. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Every other day.
11. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They smell funny.
(b) Their eyes are blank.
(c) They never speak.
(d) They are white.
12. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To save his nephew.
(b) To avoid more whippings.
(c) To keep a promise.
(d) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
13. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
14. Whom is Richard married to?
15. Where does Elijah's father live?
(d) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
2. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
3. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
4. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
5. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)