|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
(a) To test her faith.
(b) To prove men wrong.
(c) To make men smile.
(d) To bridge a gap.
2. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A Pedigree chart.
(b) A list.
(c) A diagram.
(d) A family tree.
3. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Holds a shade.
(b) Drinks tea.
(c) Waits on her.
(d) Makes cookies.
4. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) An entertainment site.
(b) A gathering place.
(c) A meeting hall.
(d) A bunkhouse.
5. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
6. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
(a) They have never been responsible for themselves.
(b) They have no money.
(c) They are afraid of all white men.
(d) There is no respect for them.
7. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
(a) His family graves.
(b) His land.
(c) All of these.
(d) His future.
8. What does Muhammad call guns?
(a) Death toys.
(b) Boom sticks.
(d) Fire makers.
9. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has one leg.
10. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His knees.
(b) All of these.
(c) His hands.
(d) His feet.
11. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
12. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Emancipation Plantation.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Glory Field.
(d) Freedom Place.
13. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(b) Political privileges.
(d) Trade goods.
14. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
(a) Paints pictures.
(b) Farms land.
(c) Tends to a white child.
(d) Sews dresses.
15. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(d) Medicine Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
2. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
3. Why does Joshua run away?
4. What is Mister Joe's last name?
5. Where does Elijah's father live?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)