|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
2. What is Foster's worst habit?
3. How are Joshua and Moses related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) Moses is his nephew.
(d) They are friends.
4. How are Lem and Moses related?
(a) Lem is his cousin.
(b) Lem is his father.
(c) Lem is his son.
(d) Lem is his brother.
5. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has one leg.
(d) He is deaf.
6. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
(b) Miss Lewis.
(d) Mister Joe.
7. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The trail to African villages.
(b) The ship Muhammad is on.
(c) The slaver's oath.
(d) The trade route across the ocean.
8. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) Their eyes are blank.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) They are white.
(d) They never speak.
9. Whom is Richard married to?
10. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
11. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
12. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(b) Trade goods.
(d) Political privileges.
13. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Live Oaks.
(b) Tall Oaks.
(c) Strong Oaks.
(d) Merry Oaks.
14. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To keep a promise.
(b) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
(c) To save his nephew.
(d) To avoid more whippings.
15. What does Muhammad call guns?
(a) Fire makers.
(c) Death toys.
(d) Boom sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Muhammad shackled?
2. Where does Elijah's father live?
3. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
4. Where are the slavers from?
5. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)