|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Freedom Place.
(b) Glory Field.
(c) Emancipation Plantation.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
2. What is Muhammad's surname?
3. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She is light skinned.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She was never a slave.
(d) She has red hair.
4. Where are the slavers from?
(a) South America.
(c) New Zealand.
(d) The United States.
5. What is Foster's worst habit?
6. Where does Elijah's father live?
(a) South Carolina.
7. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
(a) People dying.
(b) Smoke from the villages.
(c) People from other tribes.
(d) The ocean.
8. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his godfather.
(b) Moses is his uncle.
(c) Moses is his father.
(d) Moses is his grandfather.
9. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His feet.
(b) His knees.
(c) All of these.
(d) His hands.
10. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His plantation owner.
(b) His alphabetical assignment.
(c) His father.
(d) His favorite word.
11. What is the name of Elijah's father?
12. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They smell funny.
(b) They never speak.
(c) They are white.
(d) Their eyes are blank.
13. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) They are waiting for officials to pass.
(b) More slaves are being captured.
(c) There is a problem with the ship.
(d) The captain must pay taxes.
14. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(c) Religious hearts.
(d) Mature minds.
15. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(a) Planning meetings for escaping.
(c) Bigger meals than normal.
(d) Religious services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lem buried?
2. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
3. How does Lem get free?
4. What does Muhammad call guns?
5. What is Mister Joe's last name?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)