|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A gathering place.
(b) A meeting hall.
(c) An entertainment site.
(d) A bunkhouse.
2. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The trade route across the ocean.
(b) The slaver's oath.
(c) The ship Muhammad is on.
(d) The trail to African villages.
3. What does Elijah repair?
(a) An old boat.
(b) A cotton gin.
(c) A doorframe.
(d) A reaper.
4. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
(a) At meal times.
(b) In the morning.
(c) When it gets cold.
(d) At night.
5. Whom is Richard married to?
6. What is Muhammad's surname?
7. How did Lem die?
(a) In the war.
(b) He was shot by a patrolman.
(c) He was beat to death.
(d) He drowned.
8. What does Muhammad call guns?
(a) Fire makers.
(b) Death toys.
(d) Boom sticks.
9. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has one leg.
10. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
11. What is the name of Elijah's father?
12. How does Lem return to the plantation?
(a) He takes the train.
(b) He sells himself with a contract.
(c) He walks back.
(d) The patrollers bring him back.
13. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
14. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
(a) A servant.
(b) Some land.
(c) A loan.
(d) His son.
15. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
2. How did Moses come by his last name?
3. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
4. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
5. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)