|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Richard married to?
2. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His favorite word.
(b) His plantation owner.
(c) His father.
(d) His alphabetical assignment.
3. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a village.
(c) On a canoe.
(d) On a ship.
4. Where does Elijah's father live?
(c) South Carolina.
5. What is Moses's last name?
6. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
7. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Religious hearts.
(c) Mature minds.
8. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
(a) The war.
(b) The weather.
(c) All of these.
(d) The news stories.
9. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
(a) They are afraid of all white men.
(b) They have never been responsible for themselves.
(c) They have no money.
(d) There is no respect for them.
10. Where is Lem buried?
(a) Glory Field.
(b) A battlefield.
(c) Johnson City.
(d) Live Oaks.
11. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
(a) His fiancée.
(b) His siblings.
(c) His parents.
(d) His best friend.
12. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
13. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His hands.
(b) His knees.
(c) All of these.
(d) His feet.
14. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 39 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
15. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
2. How do men in the Klan dress?
3. What does Julia ask Lizzy to do?
4. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
5. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)