|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
(a) Paints pictures.
(b) Sews dresses.
(c) Tends to a white child.
(d) Farms land.
2. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
3. What kind of music does Elijah's cousin love?
(c) Slow jazz.
4. Who owns Neela?
(a) Mr. Freeman.
(b) Mr. Lewis.
(c) Mr. Law.
(d) Mr. Foster.
5. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a day.
6. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Freedom Place.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Emancipation Plantation.
(d) Glory Field.
7. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(d) Lack of capital.
8. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
9. What is Muhammad's surname?
10. What are the slaves initially sold for?
(a) Political privileges.
(b) Trade goods.
11. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A gathering place.
(b) A meeting hall.
(c) An entertainment site.
(d) A bunkhouse.
12. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To avoid more whippings.
(b) To keep a promise.
(c) To save his nephew.
(d) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
13. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A list.
(b) A diagram.
(c) A Pedigree chart.
(d) A family tree.
14. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They are white.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) Their eyes are blank.
(d) They never speak.
15. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
2. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
3. Where does Elijah's father work?
4. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
5. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)