Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
(b) Corn and wheat.
(c) Fish and Crab.
(d) Scrap metal.
2. What is Foster's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Telegraph worker.
3. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
4. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She was never a slave.
(b) She is rich.
(c) She is light skinned.
(d) She has red hair.
5. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
6. Where does Elijah's father work?
(a) The cotton factory.
(b) The town market place.
(c) The pulp mills.
(d) The docks.
7. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
(a) All of these.
(b) His future.
(c) His land.
(d) His family graves.
8. What is Mister Joe's last name?
9. What is the name of Elijah's father?
10. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A river.
(b) A ship.
(c) A city.
(d) A country.
11. How did Lem die?
(a) In the war.
(b) He was shot by a patrolman.
(c) He was beat to death.
(d) He drowned.
12. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a canoe.
(b) In a hut.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a village.
13. What is Foster's worst habit?
14. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) They are from his village.
(b) He once fought their tribe.
(c) He has seen them in dreams.
(d) They are his family.
15. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He has one leg.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the slaves initially sold for?
2. How are Lem and Moses related?
3. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
4. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
5. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)