|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Lem and Moses related?
(a) Lem is his cousin.
(b) Lem is his brother.
(c) Lem is his father.
(d) Lem is his son.
2. What is Mister Joe's last name?
3. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Freedom Place.
(b) Glory Field.
(c) Emancipation Plantation.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. How does Lem get free?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He buys his freedom.
(d) His master sets him free.
5. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his father.
(b) Moses is his uncle.
(c) Moses is his godfather.
(d) Moses is his grandfather.
6. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
(a) The forecastle.
(b) The cargo hold.
(c) The prow.
(d) The cabins.
7. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
(b) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
(c) In robes and hoods.
(d) In masks and heavy coats.
8. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) Some land.
(c) Free admission to the plantation.
(d) Back-logged wages.
9. Whom is Richard married to?
10. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
11. What is Foster's worst habit?
12. How are Joshua and Moses related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Moses is his nephew.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are brothers.
13. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
(a) Find her a husband.
(b) Teach her to read.
(c) Give her a new dress.
(d) Buy her freedom.
14. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
(a) The big house.
(b) The main house.
(c) The master house.
(d) The white house.
15. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
(a) He will find his family.
(b) All of these.
(c) He will get revenge.
(d) He will stay alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lem return to the plantation?
2. What is wrong with David Turner?
3. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
4. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
5. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)