|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Joshua and Moses related?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are friends.
(c) Moses is his nephew.
(d) They are cousins.
2. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A country.
(b) A river.
(c) A city.
(d) A ship.
3. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Once a day.
4. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(a) Planning meetings for escaping.
(b) Religious services.
(d) Bigger meals than normal.
5. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
(b) To save his nephew.
(c) To keep a promise.
(d) To avoid more whippings.
6. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She has red hair.
(b) She is light skinned.
(c) She was never a slave.
(d) She is rich.
7. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) They are his family.
(b) He has seen them in dreams.
(c) He once fought their tribe.
(d) They are from his village.
8. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
9. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
10. Where does Lizzy want to move?
(b) New York.
(c) Johnson City.
11. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Glory Field.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
(c) Emancipation Plantation.
(d) Freedom Place.
12. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
13. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
(a) A loan.
(b) A servant.
(c) His son.
(d) Some land.
14. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In masks and heavy coats.
(b) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
(c) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
(d) In robes and hoods.
15. What kind of animal is Sukey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elijah's father work?
2. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
3. What is Mister Joe's position?
4. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
5. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)