|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
(a) The cargo hold.
(b) The prow.
(c) The cabins.
(d) The forecastle.
2. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
(a) 10 acres.
(b) 8 acres.
(c) 12. acres.
(d) 6 acres.
3. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
4. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
(a) When it gets cold.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At meal times.
(d) At night.
5. What kind of music does Elijah's cousin love?
(a) Slow jazz.
6. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In robes and hoods.
(b) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
(c) In masks and heavy coats.
(d) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
7. Where is Muhammad sold?
(b) The US.
8. Who owns Neela?
(a) Mr. Freeman.
(b) Mr. Foster.
(c) Mr. Law.
(d) Mr. Lewis.
9. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A bunkhouse.
(b) An entertainment site.
(c) A meeting hall.
(d) A gathering place.
10. Where does Elijah's father live?
(d) South Carolina.
11. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
(a) To be strong.
(b) To remember whom he is.
(c) To never fear.
(d) To not look back.
12. What does Elijah repair?
(a) A doorframe.
(b) A cotton gin.
(c) An old boat.
(d) A reaper.
13. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Emancipation Plantation.
(b) Glory Field.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Freedom Place.
14. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
15. Whom is Richard married to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Joshua and Moses related?
2. What is Moses's last name?
3. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
4. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
5. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)