|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
2. What is the name of Elijah's father?
3. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) Some land.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Back-logged wages.
4. How does Lem get free?
(a) His master sets him free.
(b) He dies.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He buys his freedom.
5. What is Mister Joe's last name?
6. Where does Lizzy want to move?
(a) New York.
(c) Johnson City.
7. What kind of animal is Sukey?
8. What is Moses's last name?
9. Where are the slavers from?
(a) South America.
(c) The United States.
(d) New Zealand.
10. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) The weather is not suitable.
(b) The women usually do not work that field.
(c) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(d) They usually do not work on Sunday.
11. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
(a) A servant.
(b) Some land.
(c) A loan.
(d) His son.
12. How does Lem return to the plantation?
(a) The patrollers bring him back.
(b) He walks back.
(c) He takes the train.
(d) He sells himself with a contract.
13. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) Their eyes are blank.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) They are white.
(d) They never speak.
14. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(b) Lack of capital.
15. Who owns Neela?
(a) Mr. Freeman.
(b) Mr. Lewis.
(c) Mr. Foster.
(d) Mr. Law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
2. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
3. Where is Lem buried?
4. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
5. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)