|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Elijah repair something?
2. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
(a) To never fear.
(b) To not look back.
(c) To remember whom he is.
(d) To be strong.
3. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To avoid more whippings.
(b) To keep a promise.
(c) To save his nephew.
(d) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
4. What is Foster's occupation?
(b) Plantation owner.
(c) Telegraph worker.
5. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
6. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
7. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
(a) Corn and wheat.
(b) Scrap metal.
(c) Fish and Crab.
8. What is wrong with David Turner?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has one leg.
9. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Three times a day.
10. Where is Muhammad sold?
(a) The US.
11. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his grandfather.
(b) Moses is his godfather.
(c) Moses is his father.
(d) Moses is his uncle.
12. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
13. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a ship.
(b) On a canoe.
(c) In a village.
(d) In a hut.
14. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Back-logged wages.
(b) Some land.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Free admission to the plantation.
15. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He is smaller than her father.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He cares not for others.
(d) He cannot read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
2. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
3. Who owns Neela?
4. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
5. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)