|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moses's last name?
2. Where is Muhammad sold?
(c) The US.
3. Whom is Richard married to?
4. How many slave cabins are on Moses's plantation?
5. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A list.
(b) A Pedigree chart.
(c) A family tree.
(d) A diagram.
6. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
7. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Three times a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Once a day.
8. What is Muhammad's surname?
9. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
(a) To bridge a gap.
(b) To prove men wrong.
(c) To test her faith.
(d) To make men smile.
10. What kind of music does Elijah's cousin love?
(b) Slow jazz.
11. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(b) The weather is not suitable.
(c) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(d) The women usually do not work that field.
12. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His hands.
(b) His feet.
(c) All of these.
(d) His knees.
13. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Waits on her.
(b) Holds a shade.
(c) Makes cookies.
(d) Drinks tea.
14. What is the name of Elijah's father?
15. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) Some land.
(d) Back-logged wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Foster's worst habit?
2. How are Lem and Moses related?
3. What are the slaves initially sold for?
4. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
5. Where does Lizzy want to move?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)