|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) Some land.
(c) Back-logged wages.
(d) Free admission to the plantation.
2. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
3. What does Moses bless before a picnic?
(a) His future.
(b) His land.
(c) All of these.
(d) His family graves.
4. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
5. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A bunkhouse.
(b) An entertainment site.
(c) A meeting hall.
(d) A gathering place.
6. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
(a) A servant.
(b) Some land.
(c) His son.
(d) A loan.
7. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A list.
(b) A family tree.
(c) A Pedigree chart.
(d) A diagram.
8. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) His knees.
(b) All of these.
(c) His hands.
(d) His feet.
9. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Three times a day.
10. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Tall Oaks.
(b) Live Oaks.
(c) Strong Oaks.
(d) Merry Oaks.
11. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his godfather.
(b) Moses is his grandfather.
(c) Moses is his uncle.
(d) Moses is his father.
12. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
(a) She is light skinned.
(b) She was never a slave.
(c) She is rich.
(d) She has red hair.
13. Whom is Richard married to?
14. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(b) Medicine Man.
15. What does the Klan do to freed slaves?
(a) Debates with them.
(b) Terrorizes them.
(c) Pays them.
(d) Finds new homes for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
2. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
3. What is wrong with David Turner?
4. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
5. What does the Lewis family call their land?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)