|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: January 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lem get free?
(a) He dies.
(b) He buys his freedom.
(c) His master sets him free.
(d) He runs away.
2. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
(a) Getting kicked out of college.
(b) The Deetses' dog dying in her care.
(c) Her father being hung.
(d) The Klan attacking the Deets's house.
3. What does Elijah's father say to him before he leaves the plantation?
(a) To not look back.
(b) To never fear.
(c) To remember whom he is.
(d) To be strong.
4. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
5. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
(a) The Black Panthers.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) The Klan.
(d) The White Supremacists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luvenia need Mrs. Deets to sign an affidavit for?
2. Where does Tommy work?
3. What kind of college does Jennie go to?
4. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
5. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)