|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
(a) Getting kicked out of college.
(b) The Deetses' dog dying in her care.
(c) The Klan attacking the Deets's house.
(d) Her father being hung.
2. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
(a) When it gets cold.
(b) At meal times.
(c) At night.
(d) In the morning.
3. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(a) Sweet potatoes.
4. What does Moses hope to find in Johnson City?
(a) Some land.
(b) A servant.
(c) His son.
(d) A loan.
5. Who throws a party for Luvenia?
(c) Miss Etta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luvenia need Mrs. Deets to sign an affidavit for?
2. What is the Middle Passage?
3. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
4. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
5. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)