|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lem return to the plantation?
(a) The patrollers bring him back.
(b) He takes the train.
(c) He walks back.
(d) He sells himself with a contract.
2. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In masks and heavy coats.
(b) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
(c) In robes and hoods.
(d) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
3. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
(b) Ways to escape.
(c) The war.
(d) Lem's punishment.
4. What does Florenz want Luvenia's help with?
(a) Getting a boy to notice her.
(b) Getting permission to drive the car.
(c) Getting her a job similar to her own.
(d) Getting a loan for college.
5. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luvenia want to live?
2. What is Mister Joe's last name?
3. Why does Joshua run away?
4. What is the name of Florenz's best friend?
5. What is Moses's last name?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)