|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(a) Lack of capital.
2. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
3. What is the name of Elijah's father?
4. Where does Lizzy want to move?
(a) Johnson City.
(d) New York.
5. How do men in the Klan dress?
(a) In robes and hoods.
(b) In dark suits and broad-brimmed hats.
(c) In masks and heavy coats.
(d) In plain clothing to avoid notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
2. What does Luvenia have nightmares about?
3. What does the Lewis family call their land?
4. What is Luvenia doing when she complains to Miss Etta?
5. Where is Lem buried?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)