|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Elijah's father work?
(a) The docks.
(b) The town market place.
(c) The cotton factory.
(d) The pulp mills.
2. What does Luvenia say the difference between black people and Negroes is?
(a) Negroes are educated.
(b) Black people are bitter.
(c) Negroes are racist.
(d) Black people are educated.
3. Whom is Richard married to?
4. How did Lem die?
(a) He was shot by a patrolman.
(b) He drowned.
(c) In the war.
(d) He was beat to death.
5. How many children does Elijah have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
2. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
3. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
4. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
5. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)