|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He cares not for others.
(b) He cannot read.
(c) He is smaller than her father.
(d) He is not married.
2. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
(a) 12. acres.
(b) 8 acres.
(c) 6 acres.
(d) 10 acres.
3. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A river.
(b) A ship.
(c) A city.
(d) A country.
4. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
(a) The prow.
(b) The cabins.
(c) The forecastle.
(d) The cargo hold.
5. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Makes cookies.
(b) Drinks tea.
(c) Holds a shade.
(d) Waits on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
2. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
3. What kind of men does the Klan honor?
4. Where does Elijah's father work?
5. What is difficult to the slaves about their freedom?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)