|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
(a) Sister Saran.
(b) Sweet Serene.
(c) Aunt Sara.
(d) Mother Shara.
2. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Glory Field.
(c) Freedom Place.
(d) Emancipation Plantation.
3. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
(a) Riding a horse.
(b) Running down a slope.
(c) Fighting another man.
(d) Plowing a field.
4. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) Some land.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Back-logged wages.
5. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 39 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
2. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
3. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
4. What is wrong with David Turner?
5. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)