|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A Pedigree chart.
(b) A family tree.
(c) A list.
(d) A diagram.
2. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) They are from his village.
(b) They are his family.
(c) He once fought their tribe.
(d) He has seen them in dreams.
3. What does Julia ask Lizzy to do?
(a) Read to her.
(b) Walk with her.
(c) Some cleaning.
(d) Some gardening.
4. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
(d) Sweet potatoes.
5. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His favorite word.
(b) His alphabetical assignment.
(c) His father.
(d) His plantation owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lem get free?
2. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
3. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
4. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
5. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)