|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
(a) Find her a husband.
(b) Buy her freedom.
(c) Teach her to read.
(d) Give her a new dress.
2. How does Lem get free?
(a) He dies.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He buys his freedom.
(d) His master sets him free.
3. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A family tree.
(b) A Pedigree chart.
(c) A diagram.
(d) A list.
4. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
5. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(c) Lack of capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elijah related to Moses?
2. What is different about Sister Clinton from the Lewis family?
3. Where are the slavers from?
4. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
5. Where does Elijah's father live?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)