|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
(a) To test her faith.
(b) To prove men wrong.
(c) To bridge a gap.
(d) To make men smile.
2. What is the name of Moses's wife?
3. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The trail to African villages.
(b) The slaver's oath.
(c) The trade route across the ocean.
(d) The ship Muhammad is on.
4. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He cares not for others.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He is smaller than her father.
5. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(a) Religious services.
(b) Planning meetings for escaping.
(c) Bigger meals than normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the slaves initially sold for?
2. How are Lem and Moses related?
3. How are Joshua and Moses related?
4. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
5. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)