|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: April 1900.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elijah repair?
(a) A cotton gin.
(b) An old boat.
(c) A doorframe.
(d) A reaper.
2. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Glory Field.
(b) Emancipation Plantation.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Freedom Place.
3. How does Lem return to the plantation?
(a) He sells himself with a contract.
(b) He walks back.
(c) He takes the train.
(d) The patrollers bring him back.
4. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
(a) The war.
(b) The weather.
(c) The news stories.
(d) All of these.
5. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Merry Oaks.
(b) Tall Oaks.
(c) Strong Oaks.
(d) Live Oaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
2. What is wrong with David Turner?
3. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
5. What does Elijah sell in Johnson City?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)