|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) They are waiting for officials to pass.
(b) More slaves are being captured.
(c) There is a problem with the ship.
(d) The captain must pay taxes.
2. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
(a) Give her a new dress.
(b) Teach her to read.
(c) Buy her freedom.
(d) Find her a husband.
3. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) All of these.
(b) His feet.
(c) His knees.
(d) His hands.
4. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His alphabetical assignment.
(b) His plantation owner.
(c) His favorite word.
(d) His father.
5. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Mature minds.
(b) Religious hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
2. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
3. Why does Joshua run away?
4. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
5. Who owns Neela?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)