|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) There is a problem with the ship.
(b) More slaves are being captured.
(c) The captain must pay taxes.
(d) They are waiting for officials to pass.
2. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
3. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
4. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Once a day.
(d) Three times a day.
5. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) Back-logged wages.
(c) Some land.
(d) A train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
2. Why does Joshua run away?
3. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
4. What is Moses's last name?
5. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)