|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) The captain must pay taxes.
(b) There is a problem with the ship.
(c) More slaves are being captured.
(d) They are waiting for officials to pass.
2. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
(a) A meeting hall.
(b) A bunkhouse.
(c) An entertainment site.
(d) A gathering place.
3. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
4. How are Lem and Moses related?
(a) Lem is his brother.
(b) Lem is his father.
(c) Lem is his cousin.
(d) Lem is his son.
5. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
(a) The weather.
(b) All of these.
(c) The news stories.
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mister Joe's last name?
2. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
4. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
5. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)