|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a village.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In a hut.
(d) On a canoe.
2. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) Back-logged wages.
(c) Some land.
(d) A train ticket.
3. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To keep a promise.
(b) To save his nephew.
(c) To avoid more whippings.
(d) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
4. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Once a day.
5. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) The women usually do not work that field.
(b) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(c) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(d) The weather is not suitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
2. What is the Middle Passage?
3. What does Julia ask Lizzy to do?
4. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
5. What are the slaves initially sold for?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)