|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: July 1753.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 39 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 15 minutes.
2. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
3. Where is Muhammad shackled?
(a) All of these.
(b) His knees.
(c) His feet.
(d) His hands.
4. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The slaver's oath.
(b) The ship Muhammad is on.
(c) The trade route across the ocean.
(d) The trail to African villages.
5. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They are white.
(b) They never speak.
(c) They smell funny.
(d) Their eyes are blank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
2. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
3. What are the slaves initially sold for?
4. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)