|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: July 1753.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The slaver's oath.
(b) The trail to African villages.
(c) The ship Muhammad is on.
(d) The trade route across the ocean.
2. What does Muhammad call guns?
(a) Boom sticks.
(b) Death toys.
(d) Fire makers.
3. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) A train ticket.
(b) Back-logged wages.
(c) Free admission to the plantation.
(d) Some land.
4. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
(a) The forecastle.
(b) The prow.
(c) The cargo hold.
(d) The cabins.
5. Who does Muhammad look for constantly after being captured?
(a) His parents.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His fiancée.
(d) His siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
2. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
3. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
4. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
5. Where is Muhammad sold?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)