|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: July 1753.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a village.
(c) On a ship.
(d) On a canoe.
2. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) They are from his village.
(b) He has seen them in dreams.
(c) They are his family.
(d) He once fought their tribe.
3. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The slaver's oath.
(b) The ship Muhammad is on.
(c) The trade route across the ocean.
(d) The trail to African villages.
4. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
5. Why does the ship not leave shortly after Muhammad gets on it?
(a) They are waiting for officials to pass.
(b) More slaves are being captured.
(c) The captain must pay taxes.
(d) There is a problem with the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
2. Where is Muhammad shackled?
3. What are the slaves initially sold for?
4. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
5. What is Sierra Leone?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)