|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He is smaller than her father.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He cares not for others.
(d) He cannot read.
2. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 19 days.
(c) 16 days.
(d) 12 days.
3. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
(a) A Pedigree chart.
(b) A family tree.
(c) A diagram.
(d) A list.
4. What happens in Moses's cabin on Sundays?
(b) Religious services.
(c) Planning meetings for escaping.
(d) Bigger meals than normal.
5. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They are white.
(b) They smell funny.
(c) They never speak.
(d) Their eyes are blank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Moses's last name?
2. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
3. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
4. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
5. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)