|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lem get free?
(a) He buys his freedom.
(b) He dies.
(c) He runs away.
(d) His master sets him free.
2. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
3. Why does Joshua run away?
(a) To save his nephew.
(b) To keep a promise.
(c) To keep his fiancée from being sold.
(d) To avoid more whippings.
4. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
(a) Mature minds.
(d) Religious hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
2. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
3. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
4. What ocean does Muhammad sail across?
5. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)