|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) In a hut.
(b) On a canoe.
(c) In a village.
(d) On a ship.
2. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
(a) He has seen them in dreams.
(b) He once fought their tribe.
(c) They are his family.
(d) They are from his village.
3. Who pays special attention to Moses when we first meet him?
(b) Miss Lewis.
(c) Mister Joe.
4. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His alphabetical assignment.
(b) His father.
(c) His plantation owner.
(d) His favorite word.
5. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(c) Medicine Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
2. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
3. What shows the family history at the beginning of the book?
4. What do the white men call Moses's wife?
5. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)