|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Moses's last name?
2. What does Lizzy tell Julia the slaves talk about in their cabins?
(a) Lem's punishment.
(b) Ways to escape.
(c) The war.
3. How are Joshua and Moses related?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) Moses is his nephew.
4. Where is Muhammad at the beginning of the book?
(a) On a canoe.
(b) In a hut.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In a village.
5. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
(a) People from other tribes.
(b) People dying.
(c) Smoke from the villages.
(d) The ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
2. What does Muhammad call guns?
3. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
4. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
5. When does Muhammad touch soil after being captured?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)