|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lem get free?
(a) He runs away.
(b) His master sets him free.
(c) He dies.
(d) He buys his freedom.
2. What does Muhammad find strange about his captors?
(a) They are white.
(b) Their eyes are blank.
(c) They never speak.
(d) They smell funny.
3. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He cares not for others.
(c) He is smaller than her father.
(d) He is not married.
4. How did Moses come by his last name?
(a) His favorite word.
(b) His father.
(c) His alphabetical assignment.
(d) His plantation owner.
5. When does Muhammad hear the most screams while on the ship?
(a) At meal times.
(b) When it gets cold.
(c) At night.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia say white people have that black people do not?
2. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
3. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
4. Where does Lizzy want to move?
5. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)