|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: March 1864.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
(a) Give her a new dress.
(b) Teach her to read.
(c) Buy her freedom.
(d) Find her a husband.
2. What does Julia's father say is making the slaves restless?
(a) The war.
(b) The news stories.
(c) All of these.
(d) The weather.
3. How does Lem return to the plantation?
(a) The patrollers bring him back.
(b) He sells himself with a contract.
(c) He walks back.
(d) He takes the train.
4. How long is Muhammad on the ship?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
5. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Free admission to the plantation.
(b) Back-logged wages.
(c) Some land.
(d) A train ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
2. How does the narrator describe the Lewis slave family?
3. What does Muhammad see for the first time while on the boat?
4. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
5. What is Moses's cabin used for on the plantation?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)