|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Elijah related to Moses?
(a) Moses is his godfather.
(b) Moses is his uncle.
(c) Moses is his grandfather.
(d) Moses is his father.
2. What is the Lewis slave family given after the Civil War?
(a) Some land.
(b) Back-logged wages.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Free admission to the plantation.
3. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
(a) They are strained acquaintances.
(b) They are best friends.
(c) They are practically strangers.
(d) They are enemies.
4. What is Sierra Leone?
(a) A river.
(b) A ship.
(c) A country.
(d) A city.
5. Who is the first person Luvenia talks to about losing her job?
(a) Miss Etta.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
2. What kind of music does Elijah's cousin love?
3. Where does Luvenia want to live?
4. What kind of party is thrown for Luvenia?
5. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)