|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luvenia complain to Miss Etta about?
(a) Going to Curry Island.
(b) Not having enough money.
(c) Not having a boyfriend.
(d) Being black.
2. How often is Muhammad let out on the deck of the ship?
(a) Three times a day.
(b) Once a day.
(c) Twice a day.
(d) Every other day.
3. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Makes cookies.
(b) Waits on her.
(c) Drinks tea.
(d) Holds a shade.
4. What is the plantation called where Lizzy lives?
(a) Merry Oaks.
(b) Strong Oaks.
(c) Tall Oaks.
(d) Live Oaks.
5. What is the occupation of Muhammad's father?
(b) Medicine Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
2. How old is Muhammad when he is captured?
3. What is wrong with David Turner?
4. What does the Klan do to freed slaves?
5. Why does Joshua run away?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)