|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(a) Lack of capital.
2. What does Mrs. Deets say to Luvenia about getting an education?
(a) It is a good step in the right direction.
(b) It would be reaching beyond herself.
(c) It is necessary for success.
(d) It is a pipe dream.
3. What is Muhammad's strongest emotion while on the ship?
4. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(b) The women usually do not work that field.
(c) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(d) The weather is not suitable.
5. What does Muhammad promise himself on the ship?
(a) All of these.
(b) He will get revenge.
(c) He will find his family.
(d) He will stay alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Muhammad held on a ship before it sails?
2. How long is Muhammad allowed to stay on deck when he is there?
3. How does Moses feel when he returns from Johnson City?
4. How does Muhammad know some of the other slaves captured with him?
5. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)