|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lizzy do while Julia has tea?
(a) Waits on her.
(b) Makes cookies.
(c) Drinks tea.
(d) Holds a shade.
2. What does Luvenia plan to get a loan for?
(a) Travel fare.
(b) College tuition.
(c) Land taxes.
(d) Rent money.
3. What is Luvenia's biggest dream?
(a) Being white.
(b) Attending college.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Moving to the North.
4. What is the Middle Passage?
(a) The trade route across the ocean.
(b) The trail to African villages.
(c) The ship Muhammad is on.
(d) The slaver's oath.
5. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
(b) Lack of capital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Moses's wife?
2. How much land is the Lewis family given after the war?
3. Where are slaves usually held on slave ships?
4. How does Luvenia's mother feel about Miss Etta?
5. What does the Lewis family call their land?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)