|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chicago 1930.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often is Muhammad given water on the ship?
(a) Twice a day.
(b) Every other day.
(c) Three times a day.
(d) Once a day.
2. What does Mrs. Deets say Luvenia needs to remember?
(a) Her skin color.
(b) Her life struggle.
(c) Her place in life.
(d) Her dreams.
3. What does Luvenia say her father is obsessed with?
(a) Keeping the land in the family.
(b) Avoiding the South.
(c) Getting an education.
(d) Protecting his family.
4. What does Luvenia say Mr. Deets never does for her?
(a) Compliments her.
(b) Pays her on time.
(c) Looks her in the eye.
(d) Gives her raises.
5. What does Moses's wife do when Lem returns to the plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Luvenia's parents want her to live?
2. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
3. What causes many freed slaves to lose their land?
4. What day is Lizzy picking in a field when we first meet her?
5. What are the slaves initially sold for?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)