|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: January 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julia say Josh is still a boy?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He cares not for others.
(c) He is smaller than her father.
(d) He is not married.
2. Who is Tommy's grandfather?
3. What does Julia promise to do for Lizzy?
(a) Give her a new dress.
(b) Buy her freedom.
(c) Teach her to read.
(d) Find her a husband.
4. What does Saran do for a job after the war?
(a) Tends to a white child.
(b) Paints pictures.
(c) Farms land.
(d) Sews dresses.
5. What do the slaves call the plantation home?
(a) The white house.
(b) The big house.
(c) The main house.
(d) The master house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tommy's mother?
2. How does Lem get free?
3. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
4. Why does Saran say Sister Clinton was born?
5. What does Jennie tell Tommy about her future desires?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)