|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part V: January 1964.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about Meharry College?
(a) It is for blacks.
(b) It allows women.
(c) It is segregated.
(d) It is co-ed.
2. What does Chase tell Tommy NOT to do?
(a) Get hurt.
(b) Tell people what his plans are.
(c) March in civil rights marches.
(d) Quit his job.
3. What is the name of Tommy's mother?
4. What does the Lewis family call their land?
(a) Emancipation Plantation.
(b) Glory Field.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) Freedom Place.
5. What is unusual about Lizzy picking when we first meet her?
(a) Lizzy is far too young for hard labor.
(b) They usually do not work on Sunday.
(c) The women usually do not work that field.
(d) The weather is not suitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does a demonstration the same day McKinnon has a march?
2. What is Lizzy picking when the reader first meets her?
3. What is Elijah doing when we first meet him?
4. Where does Tommy work?
5. How does Chase say he will help Tommy with his college tuition?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)