Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
2. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
3. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
4. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
5. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
2. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
3. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
4. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
5. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
6. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
7. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
8. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
9. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
10. Who is taken off the train in "Ocean"? What does Viktor do to try to assuage the situation?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the actions in "Love" and "Ecstasy." What are the motivations of each of the characters and how do they go about achieving their aims?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Liesel and Kata in the narrative. How does Viktor feel about each of the women? How do they relate to one another?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Marienbad and discuss the theme of adultery in the novel. How does the term "progressive" apply to both Viktor's lifestyle and his aesthetic?
This section contains 1,339 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)