|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
2. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
3. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
4. When was Adolf Hitler born?
5. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
2. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
3. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
4. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
5. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
6. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
7. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
8. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
9. What political altercation takes place at the dinner party in "Dinner"?
10. What does the architect think of Liesel and Viktor in "Honeymoon"? What does he relate about his work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Adolf Hitler and the rise of the Nazi party. How is Hitler's influence seen in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Kata in the novel. How does Viktor's relationship with Kata begin? How does their relationship evolve in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Hana in the narrative. How is Hana described by the author? How does Liesel feel about her friend?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)