Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
2. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
3. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
4. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
5. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is metaphorical about the story told in "Ondine"? How does this myth relate to Tomas?
2. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
3. What takes place in the line outside the train in "Ocean"?
4. Who takes over the Landauer House in "Occupation"? For what purpose is it used?
5. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
6. How did Tomas meet Zdenka? How is her character described in "Tomas"?
7. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
8. What information does Lanik reveal about the Landauers in "Lanik"?
9. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
10. Who is taken off the train in "Ocean"? What does Viktor do to try to assuage the situation?
Describe the setting of Marienbad and discuss the theme of adultery in the novel. How does the term "progressive" apply to both Viktor's lifestyle and his aesthetic?
Describe the character of Stahl and his work at the Landauer House. What was the aim of the laboratory installed in the Landauer House? Is the laboratory based on true events in history?
Analyze and discuss the character of Hana in the narrative. How is Hana described by the author? How does Liesel feel about her friend?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)