|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
2. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
3. What is the name of the Landauers' family driver and handyman?
4. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
5. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
2. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
3. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
4. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
5. How does the affair between Viktor and Kata rekindle in "Ship"?
6. Describe the political landscape in "Anschluss." What concerns does Viktor have?
7. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
8. Describe the character of Hana, as revealed in her first appearances in "Hana." How does Hana know Liesel?
9. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
10. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Stahl and his work at the Landauer House. What was the aim of the laboratory installed in the Landauer House? Is the laboratory based on true events in history?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the events in "Encounter" and "Chata" and Kata's integration with the Landauer family. How does Viktor react upon seeing Kata at the fundraiser? How does Liesel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the characters of Liesel and Viktor Landauer. How does their relationship evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)