|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
2. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
3. What is the name of the company that Viktor's family owns?
4. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
5. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Hana describe helping in "Coda"? Why?
2. What architect do Liesel and Viktor meet in "Honeymoon"? Where?
3. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
4. What is described in "A Day in the Life"? What thoughts consume Viktor in this chapter?
5. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
6. What do Liesel and Viktor ask the architect to build in "Commitment"? What is his response?
7. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
8. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
9. What does Viktor discuss with Kata in "Proposal"? What concerns does Kata have?
10. Describe the outline of the house in "Gestation." What elements of the house are nontraditional?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plight of Jews during World War II and the status of the war in "Anschluss." What dangers did Viktor's family face from the Nazis?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Stahl and his work at the Landauer House. What was the aim of the laboratory installed in the Landauer House? Is the laboratory based on true events in history?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of symbolism and irony in "Proposal," "Ship," "Last Year in Marienbad," "Small Issue," and "Storm in March." How does the Glass Room reflect the relationship of its inhabitants?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)