|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
2. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
3. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
4. What is the name of the company that Viktor's family owns?
5. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Landauers' nanny leaving in "Gossip"? Whom does Liesel suggest as a replacement?
2. Why do Liesel and Viktor have the baby baptized in "Construction"? What do they argue about?
3. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
4. How is the onyx wall proposed in "Onyx"? What are the differences in Liesel and Viktor's feelings about the house?
5. How does Viktor compare the two world wars in "Robots"?
6. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
7. Who is Viktor looking for in "Loss"? Where is he?
8. What is foreshadowed about the house in "Completion"?
9. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
10. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the actions in "Love" and "Ecstasy." What are the motivations of each of the characters and how do they go about achieving their aims?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the characters of Liesel and Viktor Landauer. How does their relationship evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elements of symbolism and irony in "Proposal," "Ship," "Last Year in Marienbad," "Small Issue," and "Storm in March." How does the Glass Room reflect the relationship of its inhabitants?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)