|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
2. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
3. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
4. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
5. When Viktor leaves Kata in "Love," he gives her a check for how much money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interaction do Liesel and Viktor have with Rainer von Abt in "Construction"?
2. How do Liesel and Viktor become closer in "Interior"? What does Liesel question her husband about in this chapter?
3. Where have the central characters just arrived in "Honeymoon"? How do they feel about one another?
4. What does Liesel read about the house in "Happy Families"?
5. Discuss the sexual motifs in "Ecstasy." Whom does Hana develop feelings for in this chapter?
6. Where does Hana go in "Coda"? What affair takes place?
7. Describe the outline of the house in "Gestation." What elements of the house are nontraditional?
8. What emotional conflict does Hana face in "Memories"? Who consoles her?
9. What does Viktor give a speech about in "Housewarming"? What metaphor does he employ?
10. What does Rainer relate of his ideas for the house in "Conception"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the characters of Liesel and Viktor Landauer. How does their relationship evolve from the beginning of the novel to the end?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the character of Hana in the narrative. How is Hana described by the author? How does Liesel feel about her friend?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Liesel's discovery of her husband's affair. How does Liesel react? Why does she comfort Kata instead of attacking her?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)