|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
2. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) Into a convent.
(b) To France.
(c) Into the Landauers' house.
(d) Into a concentration camp.
3. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) Passage to America.
(b) A job.
(c) Her family's cottage.
(d) Her car.
4. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
5. As "Ecstasy" begins, Hana asks Viktor if Liesel is sleeping with what composer?
(a) Maestro Nemec.
(b) Maestro Nemec.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) Bohuslav Martinu.
6. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) An individual.
(b) A corporation.
(c) Jewish people.
7. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
(a) Floats on water.
(b) Floats on air.
(c) Stands up to the elements.
(d) Represents freedom.
8. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
9. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
10. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
(a) Having children together.
(b) Ottilie's suspicions.
(c) Hana's suspicions.
(d) Becoming the nanny.
11. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
(a) It will be a girl.
(b) It will be a boy.
(c) It will grow up in America.
(d) It will be rich.
12. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Sokolov District.
(b) The Klínovec Region.
(c) The Karlovy Vary Region.
(d) The Cheb District.
13. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
14. What is Hana's last name?
15. When Viktor leaves Kata in "Love," he gives her a check for how much money?
(a) 1 thousand schillings.
(b) 30 thousand schillings.
(c) 15 thousand schillings.
(d) 10 thousand schillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
2. What was the name of Liesel's brother who fought in World War I?
3. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
4. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
5. Where was Adolf Hitler born?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)