|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
2. What does Oskar think of Viktor's house, as described in "Exterior"?
(a) It is too old-fashioned.
(b) It is very cozy.
(c) It is too tall.
(d) It is too progressive.
3. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
(a) To get married.
(b) To join the Nazi party.
(c) To go to Israel.
(d) To go to school.
4. In "Coda," Hana visits Liesel and tells her that whose husband was holding her hostage?
5. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
(a) "A whole world."
(b) A fountain.
(c) "A universe of love."
(d) "A gypsy world."
6. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
7. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Tell his wife everything.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Kill himself.
8. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Open a hospital.
(b) Open a school.
(c) Sell their paintings.
(d) Host a fundraiser.
9. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An art journal.
(c) An American magazine.
(d) An architectural journal.
10. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
(a) Maestro Nemec.
11. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
12. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
13. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
14. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is divorced.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is in love with him.
15. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) Jewish people.
(c) A corporation.
(d) An individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
2. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
3. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
4. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
5. What is the name of the company that Viktor's family owns?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)