|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
(a) A museum.
(b) A school or office.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A laboratory or hospital.
2. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
3. What is the name of Hana's husband?
4. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) An individual.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) A corporation.
5. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
6. What is the name of Kata's daughter?
7. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
(b) Liesel's father.
8. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
9. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An American magazine.
(c) An architectural journal.
(d) An art journal.
10. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
(a) Herr Schreiber.
(b) Maestro Nemec.
(d) Rainer von Abt.
11. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
12. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
13. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
(a) He is leaving.
(b) How much he loves her.
(c) He is getting divorced.
(d) How much he misses her.
14. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
15. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
Short Answer Questions
1. Venice is a city in what country?
2. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
3. What is the name of the architect Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon?
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
5. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)