|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Liesel's brother who fought in World War I?
2. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is divorced.
3. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
4. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
(a) Warsaw, Poland.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Mesto, Czechoslovakia.
(d) Paris, France.
5. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) An American.
(c) A prig.
(d) A bohemian.
6. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
7. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
8. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
(a) Burly and heavy.
(b) Inside out.
(c) Upside down.
(d) Blue and green.
9. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
(a) "A whole world."
(b) "A universe of love."
(c) A fountain.
(d) "A gypsy world."
10. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "I Love You, Viktor."
(b) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(c) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(d) "With Love, Viktor."
11. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon is from where?
12. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
13. Where does Viktor plan to take his family during the invasion in "Proposal"?
14. Where do Liesel and Viktor Landauer begin their honeymoon in "Honeymoon"?
15. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(a) Frau Mandl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
2. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
3. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
4. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
5. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)