|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hana's last name?
2. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
3. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(d) Rainer von Abt.
4. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
5. Venice is a city in what country?
6. In "Birth," while Viktor constantly travels, Liesel is kept busy with whom?
7. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) Into the Landauers' house.
(b) Into a convent.
(c) Into a concentration camp.
(d) To France.
8. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(d) Frau Mandl.
9. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Open a hospital.
(b) Sell their paintings.
(c) Host a fundraiser.
(d) Open a school.
10. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) A job.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her family's cottage.
(d) Passage to America.
11. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Inside out.
(c) Upside down.
(d) Burly and heavy.
12. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
(a) Ottilie's suspicions.
(b) Hana's suspicions.
(c) Having children together.
(d) Becoming the nanny.
13. During "Honeymoon," Liesel is only saddened when she thinks about whom?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her former husband.
(d) Her older brother.
14. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Play piano.
(b) Stay and watch.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Call Viktor.
15. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
(a) Maestro Nemec.
(b) Rainer von Abt.
(c) Herr Schreiber.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Coda," Hana visits Liesel and tells her that whose husband was holding her hostage?
2. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
3. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
4. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
5. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)