|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Mesto, Czechoslovakia.
2. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
3. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
4. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
(a) To go to school.
(b) To get married.
(c) To go to Israel.
(d) To join the Nazi party.
5. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(c) Rainer von Abt.
6. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
7. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(a) Frau Mandl.
8. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(b) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(c) "I Love You, Viktor."
(d) "With Love, Viktor."
9. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1880s.
(d) The 1920s.
10. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
11. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
12. Who does Liesel insist should be the godmother to her daughter, despite her husband's protestations?
13. What is the name of Kata's daughter?
14. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) Into a convent.
(b) Into a concentration camp.
(c) Into the Landauers' house.
(d) To France.
15. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
(a) Having children together.
(b) Hana's suspicions.
(c) Becoming the nanny.
(d) Ottilie's suspicions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
2. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
3. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
4. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
5. Where do Liesel and Viktor Landauer begin their honeymoon in "Honeymoon"?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)