|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon is from where?
2. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
3. In "Gossip," Liesel learns that her nanny will leave the family for what reason?
(a) To go to Israel.
(b) To get married.
(c) To join the Nazi party.
(d) To go to school.
4. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) To France.
(b) Into a convent.
(c) Into a concentration camp.
(d) Into the Landauers' house.
5. Where does Viktor plan to take his family during the invasion in "Proposal"?
6. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
(a) "A whole world."
(b) A fountain.
(c) "A gypsy world."
(d) "A universe of love."
7. When was Adolf Hitler born?
8. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
9. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
(a) A laboratory or hospital.
(b) A school or office.
(c) A museum.
(d) A cathedral.
10. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
11. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Call Viktor.
(b) Play piano.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Stay and watch.
12. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
13. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) The Human Rights League.
(c) The Axis Powers.
(d) The Allied Powers.
14. Venice is a city in what country?
15. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(b) A corporation.
(c) An individual.
(d) Jewish people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
2. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
3. What is the name of the company that Viktor's family owns?
4. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
5. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)