|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) Jewish people.
(b) An individual.
(d) A corporation.
2. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
3. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Dunja Rajter.
(b) Michal Štantejský.
(c) Alexander Beyer.
(d) Miroslav Nemec.
4. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Run away with her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Tell his wife everything.
5. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
6. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
7. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
(a) "A whole world."
(b) A fountain.
(c) "A universe of love."
(d) "A gypsy world."
8. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Play piano.
(c) Stay and watch.
(d) Call Viktor.
9. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) Her car.
(b) Passage to America.
(c) Her family's cottage.
(d) A job.
10. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
11. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
12. Where was Adolf Hitler born?
13. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
(a) It will be a girl.
(b) It will be a boy.
(c) It will be rich.
(d) It will grow up in America.
14. What is the name of the Landauers' family driver and handyman?
15. In "Love," Kata's daughter asks if Viktor is one of her mother's _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
2. In "Chata," Viktor goes to visit Kata who is wary to be alone with him because who is always watching her?
3. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
4. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
5. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)