|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) Her car.
(b) A job.
(c) Her family's cottage.
(d) Passage to America.
2. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Dunja Rajter.
(b) Miroslav Nemec.
(c) Alexander Beyer.
(d) Michal Štantejský.
3. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
4. Who stays by Liesel's side when she becomes deathly ill during her second childbirth?
5. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
(a) A Jewish owned car factory.
(b) A brothel.
(c) A Jewish owned seamstress shop.
(d) A Jewish owned nursery.
6. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
7. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
8. In "Chata," Viktor goes to visit Kata who is wary to be alone with him because who is always watching her?
(c) Liesel's mother.
9. In "Conception," the architect tells Liesel and Viktor that he wishes to not only design the outside of the house, he now wants to create what on the inside of the house?
(a) "A universe of love."
(b) A fountain.
(c) "A gypsy world."
(d) "A whole world."
10. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She is divorced.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
12. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Call Viktor.
(b) Stay and watch.
(c) Play piano.
(d) Leave the room.
13. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
14. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(d) Frau Mandl.
15. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
(a) Vienna, Austria.
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Mesto, Czechoslovakia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect describes wanting to build a house that does what?
2. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
3. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
4. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
5. What is Hana's last name?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)