|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hana's last name?
2. In "Interior," Viktor and Liesel go where for a holiday?
3. What is the name of the architect Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
(c) Miroslav Nemec.
(d) Hana Hankova.
4. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
5. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
6. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Cheb District.
(b) The Sokolov District.
(c) The Klínovec Region.
(d) The Karlovy Vary Region.
7. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
8. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Tell his wife everything.
9. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) Into the Landauers' house.
(b) Into a concentration camp.
(c) Into a convent.
(d) To France.
10. When was Adolf Hitler born?
11. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
12. As "Anschluss" starts, Viktor listens to the radio and discovers that what country has been taken over by the Germans?
13. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon describes himself as a sculptor of _______.
14. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
(b) Herr Schreiber.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) Maestro Nemec.
15. What is the name of the Landauers' family driver and handyman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
2. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
3. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
4. What does Oskar think of Viktor's house, as described in "Exterior"?
5. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)