|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Cheb District.
(b) The Karlovy Vary Region.
(c) The Sokolov District.
(d) The Klínovec Region.
2. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
3. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The cross.
(b) The pentacle.
(c) The swastika.
(d) The pentagram.
4. When was Adolf Hitler born?
5. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Dunja Rajter.
(b) Alexander Beyer.
(c) Miroslav Nemec.
(d) Michal Štantejský.
6. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
7. Where was Adolf Hitler born?
8. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
(a) Mesto, Czechoslovakia.
(b) Vienna, Austria.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Warsaw, Poland.
9. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
10. After their honeymoon, Viktor and Liesel move into a furnished villa in what section of the city?
11. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) Her family's cottage.
(b) A job.
(c) Passage to America.
(d) Her car.
12. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
13. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
(a) A Jewish owned seamstress shop.
(b) A Jewish owned nursery.
(c) A Jewish owned car factory.
(d) A brothel.
14. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
(b) Frau Mandl.
15. What is the name of the Landauers' family driver and handyman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
2. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
3. As "Memories" begins, Hana reveals that which lover is leaving her?
4. Hana admits she is jealous of whom in "Storm in March"?
5. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)