|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
2. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) A gypsy.
(b) A bohemian.
(c) An American.
(d) A prig.
3. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(c) Rainer von Abt.
4. In "Birth," while Viktor constantly travels, Liesel is kept busy with whom?
5. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is married.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is divorced.
6. Who comforts Hana after her lover leaves her in "Memories"?
7. Of what heritage is Viktor Landauer?
8. In "Birth," Viktor assesses Liesel's new form in her second pregnancy and believes she no longer looks human, but ____________.
9. Venice is a city in what country?
10. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The swastika.
(b) The pentacle.
(c) The cross.
(d) The pentagram.
11. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
12. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Karlovy Vary Region.
(b) The Klínovec Region.
(c) The Cheb District.
(d) The Sokolov District.
13. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
(a) Miroslav Nemec.
(b) Alexander Beyer.
(c) Michal Štantejský.
(d) Dunja Rajter.
14. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Sell their paintings.
(b) Host a fundraiser.
(c) Open a school.
(d) Open a hospital.
15. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Liesel and Viktor's architect intends to create a stone wall in the great room which he says will be the color of whose hair?
2. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
3. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
4. Who does Liesel insist should be the godmother to her daughter, despite her husband's protestations?
5. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)