|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oskar think of Viktor's house, as described in "Exterior"?
(a) It is too progressive.
(b) It is too tall.
(c) It is very cozy.
(d) It is too old-fashioned.
2. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon describes himself as a sculptor of _______.
3. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The ACLU.
(b) The Axis Powers.
(c) The Allied Powers.
(d) The Human Rights League.
4. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
(a) Hana's suspicions.
(b) Ottilie's suspicions.
(c) Becoming the nanny.
(d) Having children together.
5. When Viktor and Liesel solicit the architect from their honeymoon to build them a house, he at first seems hesitant, insisting it is too much pressure to build a house for ___________.
(a) Jewish people.
(b) A corporation.
(d) An individual.
6. In "A Day in the Life," Viktor is constantly bombarded about thoughts of his own ___________.
7. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The pentacle.
(b) The cross.
(c) The swastika.
(d) The pentagram.
8. "Happy Families" begins with Liesel reading a review of the house in __________.
(a) An art journal.
(b) An American magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) An architectural journal.
9. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
(c) Liesel's father.
10. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
11. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
12. When Viktor leaves Kata in "Love," he gives her a check for how much money?
(a) 10 thousand schillings.
(b) 15 thousand schillings.
(c) 1 thousand schillings.
(d) 30 thousand schillings.
13. Where does Viktor plan to take his family during the invasion in "Proposal"?
14. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
15. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
2. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
3. Who stays by Liesel's side when she becomes deathly ill during her second childbirth?
4. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
5. What famous pianist plays at the housewarming party hosted by the Landauers?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)