|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Ship," Kata has moved where?
(a) To France.
(b) Into a concentration camp.
(c) Into the Landauers' house.
(d) Into a convent.
2. Liesel wants to offer Kata and her fellow refugees what in order to help them in "Encounter"?
(a) Her car.
(b) Her family's cottage.
(c) A job.
(d) Passage to America.
3. Who stays by Liesel's side when she becomes deathly ill during her second childbirth?
4. What is Hana's last name?
5. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
6. In "Chata," Viktor goes to whom to let him know that he will become the CEO of Landauer Motors?
(c) Liesel's father.
7. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
8. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
(a) Rainer von Abt.
9. In "Encounter," Kata explains to the group that she was working where when the Nazis raided the shop?
(a) A Jewish owned seamstress shop.
(b) A Jewish owned nursery.
(c) A Jewish owned car factory.
(d) A brothel.
10. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
11. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
12. What does Kata tell Viktor her profession is in "Exterior"?
13. Where are Liesel and Viktor from?
(a) Paris, France.
(b) Mesto, Czechoslovakia.
(c) Vienna, Austria.
(d) Warsaw, Poland.
14. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
(a) She is married.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is divorced.
15. As "Ecstasy" begins, Hana asks Viktor if Liesel is sleeping with what composer?
(a) Maestro Nemec.
(b) Bohuslav Martinu.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
(d) Maestro Nemec.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the roof of the house being designed for Liesel and Viktor described?
2. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon describes himself as a sculptor of _______.
3. In "Birth," while Viktor constantly travels, Liesel is kept busy with whom?
4. At a dinner party in "Ecstasy," Viktor, Liesel, and Hana all meet what individual whom Hana places as an actor in pornographic films?
5. What is the name of Viktor and Liesel's daughter in "Construction"?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)