|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Viktor plan to take his family during the invasion in "Proposal"?
2. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon describes himself as a sculptor of _______.
3. What does Liesel call Viktor when he becomes upset that Liesel jokes with Rainer during the dinner in "Conception"?
(a) An American.
(b) A bohemian.
(c) A gypsy.
(d) A prig.
4. In "Chata," Viktor goes to visit Kata who is wary to be alone with him because who is always watching her?
(c) Liesel's mother.
5. Although Liesel and Viktor are both nonreligious, they decide to have their daughter baptized to make whom happy?
(b) Liesel's mother.
(d) Rainer von Abt.
6. In "Proposal," Kata insists that if this is love, Viktor would do what?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Run away with her.
(d) Tell his wife everything.
7. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
8. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Open a hospital.
(b) Host a fundraiser.
(c) Sell their paintings.
(d) Open a school.
9. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
10. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
11. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
(b) New York.
12. When Viktor leaves Kata in "Love," he gives her a check for how much money?
(a) 30 thousand schillings.
(b) 15 thousand schillings.
(c) 10 thousand schillings.
(d) 1 thousand schillings.
13. Where do Liesel and Viktor travel to attempt to rekindle their passion in "Birth"?
14. As "Proposal" begins, Viktor goes to Kata's cottage to speak to her about what?
(a) Having children together.
(b) Becoming the nanny.
(c) Ottilie's suspicions.
(d) Hana's suspicions.
15. In "Recital," the Landauer's throw a party to raise money for what organization?
(a) The Allied Powers.
(b) The Human Rights League.
(c) The Axis Powers.
(d) The ACLU.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Construction," Liesel and Viktor's architect insists that they will not be building a house for __________.
2. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
3. In "Robots," Viktor goes to the cottage to see Kata. Because she is not there, he writes her a note saying what?
4. Who attends the Landauers house-warming party and completely basks in all the glory of the house?
5. What intimate news does Liesel relate to the architect in "Conception"?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)