|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
(a) New York.
2. What is the name of Hana's husband?
3. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
(a) "Ever Yours, Viktor."
(b) "I Love You, Viktor."
(c) "Be Mine, Viktor."
(d) "With Love, Viktor."
4. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
(b) A trap.
(c) A business plan.
(d) Only a contract.
5. When was Adolf Hitler born?
6. Who tells Liesel she wants to sleep with Eva and help her escape from her horrible husband in "Ecstasy"?
7. During what era does The Glass Room begin?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1880s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1920s.
8. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
9. In "Anschluss," Viktor suggests to Liesel that they do what in order to help some of the refugees flooding into Czechoslovakia?
(a) Host a fundraiser.
(b) Open a school.
(c) Sell their paintings.
(d) Open a hospital.
10. Where does Hana say she helped the woman whose husband was holding her hostage escape in "Coda"?
(b) New York.
11. What was the name of Liesel's brother who fought in World War I?
12. During "Honeymoon," Liesel is only saddened when she thinks about whom?
(a) Her former husband.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her older brother.
(d) Her father.
13. What Nazi has been invited to the dinner party hosted by the Landauers in "Dinner"?
(a) Maestro Nemec.
(b) Herr Schreiber.
(c) Rainer von Abt.
14. What is the name of the woman with whom Viktor begins having an affair in "Onyx"?
15. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
2. What does Hana foresee about Liesel's baby in "Hana"?
3. With what famous pianist does Hana describe having an affair in "Hana"?
4. In "Small Issue," Viktor decides that what month is the latest the family can stay in Czechoslovakia?
5. Where do Liesel and Viktor Landauer begin their honeymoon in "Honeymoon"?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)