|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the Landauer family move into the completed house in "Completion"?
2. Whose family gave Liesel and Viktor land upon which to build a house?
3. What is the name of Kata's daughter?
4. In "Love," Viktor and Kata tour Vienna and come across what group?
5. Whom does Liesel suggest as the new nanny in "Gossip"?
6. In "Chata," Viktor goes to visit Kata who is wary to be alone with him because who is always watching her?
(a) Liesel's mother.
7. In "Hana," Hana insists that nothing is sacred and that Liesel's marriage is __________.
(b) A trap.
(c) Only a contract.
(d) A business plan.
8. Marienbad is located in what region of the Czech Republic?
(a) The Cheb District.
(b) The Karlovy Vary Region.
(c) The Klínovec Region.
(d) The Sokolov District.
9. As "Loss" begins, Viktor is back where, looking for Kata?
(a) New York.
10. The house that is being designed for Liesel and Viktor is described as looking ___________.
(a) Upside down.
(b) Blue and green.
(c) Burly and heavy.
(d) Inside out.
11. What was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920?
(a) The swastika.
(b) The pentagram.
(c) The cross.
(d) The pentacle.
12. In "Completion," Liesel's mother thinks the house looks like ____________.
(a) A school or office.
(b) A laboratory or hospital.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A museum.
13. When it comes time for the baby to feed, Liesel insists that Von Abt do what in "Construction"?
(a) Call Viktor.
(b) Stay and watch.
(c) Play piano.
(d) Leave the room.
14. What is formed of bands of chalcedony in alternating colors?
15. Who comforts Liesel when she becomes upset thinking of her brother in "Conception"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The architect that Liesel and Viktor meet on their honeymoon is from where?
2. What is the name of the second child Viktor and Liesel have in "Birth"?
3. How does Viktor sign the note he leaves for Kata in "Loss"?
4. What does Viktor know his children are now considered in "A Day in the Life"?
5. Who tells Liesel she wants to sleep with Eva and help her escape from her horrible husband in "Ecstasy"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)