Mid-Book Test (up to Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,)
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
3. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
4. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
5. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Why do you think Rose Mary continues to refuse help from her adult children?
This section contains 1,255 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)