|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
(a) To stay at home, but drop out of school.
(b) To move to New York City immediately, even before graduating high school.
(c) To wait for graduation and then move back to Phoenix.
(d) To apply to top-notch schools.
2. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
(a) They are glad Jeannette has found a friend.
(b) They don't like it because Dinitia is black.
(c) They dislike Dinitia because they once had a a feud with her parents.
(d) They're friends with Dinitia's parents and enjoy having her around.
3. What does Brian do after graduating from high school?
(a) He gets into trouble with the law.
(b) He moves to New York City to be near his sisters.
(c) He enrolls in college.
(d) He stays in Welch and gets a menial job.
4. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
(a) Build a house from found materials.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Live in an abandoned house.
(d) Move in with friends.
5. Why does Jeannette refuse to invite her father to her graduation?
(a) Because Rex doesn't know that she is in college.
(b) Because of his drunken behavior.
(c) Because she doesn't think that he will come.
(d) Because she is afraid that her brother and father won't get along there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
2. What ends up happening to the hole the children dig in the backyard in Part 3?
3. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
4. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
5. Where is Rose Mary living at the time of the Thanksgiving dinner?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)