|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
(a) Because she is mad at her grandfather, who also lives there.
(b) Because her uncle tried to molest her.
(c) Because she wants to help her mother instead.
(d) Because she is afraid to leave her siblings at home.
2. Where is Rose Mary living at the time of the Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) In Lori's apartment.
(b) In her own apartment.
(c) In the same abandoned apartment building that she and Rex had been squatting in for years.
(d) In a women's shelter.
3. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
(a) Because Rex has a new moneymaking scheme in Texas.
(b) To return to Phoenix to pick up their belongings.
(c) They want the kids to spend 'quality time' with Erma.
(d) To go on a second honeymoon.
4. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A nursing home.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A jewelry store.
5. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
(a) Live in an abandoned house.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Build a house from found materials.
(d) Move in with friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
2. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
3. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
4. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
5. Why do Jeannette's parents express concern over her living arrangement in New York?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)