|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rose Mary living at the time of the Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) In her own apartment.
(b) In Lori's apartment.
(c) In the same abandoned apartment building that she and Rex had been squatting in for years.
(d) In a women's shelter.
2. How do the Thanksgiving guests remember Rex?
(a) With indifference.
(b) As a man who caused more trouble than he was worth.
(c) As an important force in their lives.
(d) With great resentment.
3. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
(b) In the trash can at school.
(c) She steals from her teacher.
(d) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
4. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
(a) They yell at her a lot.
(b) They are abusive towards her.
(c) They don't stand up to her.
(d) They are embarrassed by her.
5. Rex dies during Part 4 as a result of:
(a) Liver failure due to alcoholism.
(b) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event throws Rex and Rose Mary into homelessness?
2. Where does Maureen go upon her release from the hospital?
3. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
4. What happens that saves Jeannette from having to drop out of school because of financial problems?
5. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)