|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jeannette and Lori first live in New York City?
(a) With friends.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In a flophouse.
(d) In a house that they purchase with their savings.
2. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
(a) They can't understand the principal and don't answer his questions correctly.
(b) The teacher talks to them and decides that they aren't smart.
(c) The children tell the principal that they want to be in slower classes.
(d) Their mother tells the school that the children can't read.
3. How does Jeannette describe her and Lori's first apartment together in New York?
(a) It is very luxurious.
(b) It's out in the middle of nowhere.
(c) It is bigger than their entire house in Welch.
(d) It is run-down and they are miserable.
4. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
(a) She spends it all on food to last the entire month before her father can get to it.
(b) She hides all of the money and doles it out sparingly.
(c) She gives money to her father when he asks, even though she knows she shouldn't.
(d) She wastes some of it on things for herself and is ashamed, but buys food with the rest.
5. Why does Rex leave the job that has been arranged for him in Part 4?
(a) Rex doesn't think the job pays enough for what he is doing.
(b) Rose Mary begs him to come back to the city.
(c) Lori tells him he should quit.
(d) He realizes that he can't do the job well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
2. What does Jeannette expect her new grandparents to be like?
3. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
4. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
5. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)