|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) At friends' houses.
(b) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
(c) With her teachers.
(d) In her bedroom, alone.
2. What incident gets Maureen sentenced to one year in the hospital?
(a) She robs a convenience store while on drugs.
(b) She stabs her mother during an argument.
(c) She sets fire to her boyfriend's home.
(d) She threatens her brother and sisters.
3. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
(a) They are abusive towards her.
(b) They yell at her a lot.
(c) They don't stand up to her.
(d) They are embarrassed by her.
4. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
(a) Build a house from found materials.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Move in with friends.
(d) Live in an abandoned house.
5. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
(a) She returns it after just one day.
(b) She tells her sister to do what she wants to with it.
(c) She gives it to her father.
(d) She sells it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
2. Why does Jeannette refuse to invite her father to her graduation?
3. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
4. What is Brian's occupation in Part 4?
5. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)