|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) She finds a boyfriend.
(b) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
(c) She becomes a cheerleader.
(d) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
2. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(c) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(d) Because her mother likes it there.
4. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are all put into special education classes.
(b) They are very popular right away.
(c) They are put into advanced classes.
(d) They decide not to return after the first week.
5. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He threatens the other employees.
(b) He does not have any skills.
(c) He has a physical disability.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. Jeannette has how many siblings?
4. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
5. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rose Mary's philosophy of life make it difficult for her to hold a job?
2. What gift does Jeannette ask her father for on her tenth birthday and how does he react?
3. How was Jeannette's childhood atypical?
4. What are Rex's feelings about how the family finances should be handled? How does he manage money?
5. What incident precipitates the family's leaving Battle Mountain for Phoenix?
6. What does Grandma Smith provide for Jeannette that she doesn't get at home?
7. What event happened the day that Rose Mary and Rex met, that Rex says caused him to fall in love with her?
8. What are some of the unorthodox ways that the Walls parents get money and items for the house?
9. What is life like for the Walls children when they first move to Phoenix?
10. Why does the Walls family frequently pack up and move in the middle of the night?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)