|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(b) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(c) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(d) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
2. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
(a) She keeps it because it "raises her spirits".
(b) She sells it to a neighbor for less than it is worth.
(c) She gives it as a gift to a friend.
(d) She loses it before she can sell it.
3. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
(a) By letting her stay out all night.
(b) By having her "entertain" a man who he is playing pool with.
(c) By leaving her alone at home.
(d) By giving her alcohol.
4. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
(b) Her brother teaches her.
(c) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(d) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(b) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(c) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(d) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
4. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)