|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
(a) They don't like it because Dinitia is black.
(b) They are glad Jeannette has found a friend.
(c) They're friends with Dinitia's parents and enjoy having her around.
(d) They dislike Dinitia because they once had a a feud with her parents.
2. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) She becomes a cheerleader.
(b) She finds a boyfriend.
(c) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
(d) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
3. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she does not want to change.
(b) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(c) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
4. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Gifts for the kids.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Alcohol and gambling.
(d) Gifts for his mistress.
5. Why does Rex get upset about Maureen moving in with Lori?
(a) He is jealous that Lori won't let him and Rose Mary move in with her.
(b) He feels like Lori is stealing his family away.
(c) He doesn't think Maureen will be safe in the city.
(d) He wants Maureen to work and bring money to the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
2. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
4. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)