|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A pet puppy.
(b) A star.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
2. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(b) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(c) It only lasts a few weeks.
(d) She wastes it all on things for the house.
3. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(b) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(c) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(d) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They think rules are very important.
(d) They refuse to conform to them.
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
2. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
3. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
4. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
5. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)