|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
(b) They hate the house as it's not very large.
(c) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(d) They think the house is old and creepy.
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(b) He beats Jeannette.
(c) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(d) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
3. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) They all sleep in one big bed.
(b) They finally have their own rooms.
(c) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
(d) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
4. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(b) The kids want to leave their school.
(c) They accidentally burned down their house.
(d) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
5. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
(b) She hides it in the house.
(c) She spends it all before he can get at it.
(d) She lets the children handle the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that saves Jeannette from having to drop out of school because of financial problems?
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
5. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)