|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she does not want to change.
(b) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(c) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(d) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
2. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
(a) They decide to give it to their parents.
(b) They lend it to their brother, who does not pay them back.
(c) They spend it on a school trip.
(d) Their father breaks their piggy bank and steals it.
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. What does Jeannette try to talk her mother into doing to make hers and the children's lives better?
(a) Getting a better job.
(b) Getting her father into rehab for his drinking.
(c) Moving back to Phoenix.
(d) Leaving her father.
5. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
(a) A neighborhood girl befriends her.
(b) The other children mock her for living in a "trash heap" and chase her out of the pool.
(c) She nearly drowns after getting into a fight with another girl.
(d) She finally finds something that she can enjoy doing during the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
2. Where do Rex and Rose Mary live when they eventually move to New York?
3. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
4. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
5. What does Jeannette expect her new grandparents to be like?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)