|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the children go to shower after there is no longer any bathroom in their house?
(a) To their Grandpa's apartment.
(b) To a public restroom at a gas station.
(c) To their friends' houses.
(d) To the swimming pool.
2. Where is Rose Mary living at the time of the Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) In her own apartment.
(b) In a women's shelter.
(c) In the same abandoned apartment building that she and Rex had been squatting in for years.
(d) In Lori's apartment.
3. Why does Rex get upset about Maureen moving in with Lori?
(a) He doesn't think Maureen will be safe in the city.
(b) He is jealous that Lori won't let him and Rose Mary move in with her.
(c) He wants Maureen to work and bring money to the family.
(d) He feels like Lori is stealing his family away.
4. Who is John?
(a) Rex's brother.
(b) Jeannette's son.
(c) Brian's best friend.
(d) Jeannette's second husband.
5. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Get her children into a better school.
(b) Open an art gallery.
(c) Learn to cook.
(d) Go back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
2. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
3. Where are Jeannette's parents living when they move to New York?
4. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
5. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)