|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(b) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(c) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(d) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
2. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
(a) She gets a job as a teacher.
(b) She makes plans to leave Rex.
(c) She gets the children into a good private school.
(d) She decides to move the family to Texas.
3. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
(a) Because of their lack of clothing and food.
(b) Because they aren't from Welch.
(c) Because they are "teacher's pets."
(d) Because their mother doesn't have a real job.
4. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
(a) Go to New York City.
(b) Steal their parent's money.
(c) Get jobs to help support the family.
(d) Visit their Grandma Smith.
5. Why does Jeannette refuse to invite her father to her graduation?
(a) Because Rex doesn't know that she is in college.
(b) Because she is afraid that her brother and father won't get along there.
(c) Because of his drunken behavior.
(d) Because she doesn't think that he will come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. Who brings Rose Mary to Thanksgiving dinner?
4. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
5. Who is Dinitia?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)