|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
(b) She finds a boyfriend.
(c) She becomes a cheerleader.
(d) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
2. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(b) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(c) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(d) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
3. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
(b) Rose Mary wants to move again.
(c) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
(d) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
4. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she does not want to change.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(b) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(c) Her brother teaches her.
(d) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
2. Where does Jeannette attend college?
3. What does Jeannette tell her parents about the social worker visiting the house?
4. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)