|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(b) She plays with him when his sister won't.
(c) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(d) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
2. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
(a) She loses it before she can sell it.
(b) She sells it to a neighbor for less than it is worth.
(c) She keeps it because it "raises her spirits".
(d) She gives it as a gift to a friend.
3. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
(a) Steal their parent's money.
(b) Get jobs to help support the family.
(c) Go to New York City.
(d) Visit their Grandma Smith.
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. What does Jeannette try to talk her mother into doing to make hers and the children's lives better?
(a) Moving back to Phoenix.
(b) Leaving her father.
(c) Getting her father into rehab for his drinking.
(d) Getting a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Rose Mary to Thanksgiving dinner?
2. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
3. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)