|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
(a) A neighborhood girl befriends her.
(b) The other children mock her for living in a "trash heap" and chase her out of the pool.
(c) She nearly drowns after getting into a fight with another girl.
(d) She finally finds something that she can enjoy doing during the summer.
2. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) West Virginia.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Battle Mountain.
4. What is the glass castle?
(a) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(b) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
(c) A place that the kids go to play.
(d) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(b) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(c) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(d) She should tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
2. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
3. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
4. Where does Maureen go upon her release from the hospital?
5. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)