|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(b) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(c) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(d) He beats Jeannette.
2. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
(a) They are glad Jeannette has found a friend.
(b) They don't like it because Dinitia is black.
(c) They dislike Dinitia because they once had a a feud with her parents.
(d) They're friends with Dinitia's parents and enjoy having her around.
3. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(b) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(c) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(d) The weather makes the baby sick.
4. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He has a physical disability.
(b) He does not have any skills.
(c) He threatens the other employees.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
5. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) In her bedroom, alone.
(b) With her teachers.
(c) At friends' houses.
(d) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
3. Where does Jeannette attend college?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)