|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John?
(a) Brian's best friend.
(b) Jeannette's son.
(c) Rex's brother.
(d) Jeannette's second husband.
2. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(b) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(c) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(d) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
4. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
(a) She is taking money to gamble, rather than buying food.
(b) She is hoarding candy bars and eating them by herself.
(c) She is stealing food to put in their lunches.
(d) She is using drugs.
5. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
(b) She becomes a cheerleader.
(c) She finds a boyfriend.
(d) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
2. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)