|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(b) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(c) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(d) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
2. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Her mother's friends.
(b) Rex's parents.
(c) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(d) Grandma Smith.
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(b) College Professor.
4. What incident gets Maureen sentenced to one year in the hospital?
(a) She threatens her brother and sisters.
(b) She robs a convenience store while on drugs.
(c) She stabs her mother during an argument.
(d) She sets fire to her boyfriend's home.
5. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
(a) She is lighting a fire and the kerosene explodes on her.
(b) She is playing with matches and catches her dress on fire.
(c) She is cooking for her younger brothers.
(d) One of the children from school starts a fire in her yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maureen go upon her release from the hospital?
2. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
3. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
4. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
5. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)