|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Four sisters.
(b) No siblings.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) A brother and two sisters.
2. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
(a) Build a house from found materials.
(b) Buy a house.
(c) Live in an abandoned house.
(d) Move in with friends.
3. Why does Jeannette refuse to invite her father to her graduation?
(a) Because of his drunken behavior.
(b) Because Rex doesn't know that she is in college.
(c) Because she is afraid that her brother and father won't get along there.
(d) Because she doesn't think that he will come.
4. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
(b) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He sits on the porch and cries.
5. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) They finally have their own rooms.
(b) They all sleep in one big bed.
(c) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
(d) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
2. Where does Maureen go upon her release from the hospital?
3. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)