|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is a mobile home.
(b) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(c) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(d) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(b) Teachers don't make enough money.
(c) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
(d) She always wanted to be college professor.
4. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Move away to another place.
(b) Help her parents to change.
(c) Accept her parents as they are.
(d) Move on and have her own life.
5. What event throws Rex and Rose Mary into homelessness?
(a) Rex gets arrested, and they fall behind in the rent.
(b) The van that they are living in gets towed away.
(c) Their daughter asks them to leave her house.
(d) They are kicked out of the shelter for stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
2. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
3. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
5. Why do Jeannette's parents express concern over her living arrangement in New York?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)