|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They think the house is old and creepy.
(b) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(c) They hate the house as it's not very large.
(d) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(d) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
3. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(b) She treats Rex with great respect.
(c) She indulges the children's every whim.
(d) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
5. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(b) Battle Mountain.
(c) West Virginia.
(d) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
3. What does Jeannette do about her schooling when she moves to New York?
4. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
5. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)