|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(d) With great sadness.
2. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Angry, bitter.
(b) Carefree, giddy.
(c) Indifferent, lazy.
(d) Self-reliant, strong.
3. Rex dies during Part 4 as a result of:
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Liver failure due to alcoholism.
4. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(c) Because her mother likes it there.
(d) Her mother will only meet her in public.
5. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(b) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(c) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(d) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
2. What is the glass castle?
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
5. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)