|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He sits on the porch and cries.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
(d) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
2. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(b) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(c) It only lasts a few weeks.
(d) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
3. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
4. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Gifts for the kids.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Gifts for his mistress.
(d) Alcohol and gambling.
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(b) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(c) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(d) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
3. Who is John?
4. Who brings Rose Mary to Thanksgiving dinner?
5. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)