|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Goes on to a party.
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(d) Calls her friend to talk.
2. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(b) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(c) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(d) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) In the trash can at school.
(b) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
(c) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
(d) She steals from her teacher.
5. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(b) That she does not want to change.
(c) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(d) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinitia?
2. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
3. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)