|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They think rules are very important.
(d) They refuse to conform to them.
2. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) For a horse.
(b) For him to stop drinking.
(c) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(d) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
3. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
4. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) In Canada.
(c) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(d) She moved frequently.
5. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
(a) An expensive diamond ring.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A camera.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
2. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
3. What does Jeannette tell her parents about the social worker visiting the house?
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)