|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(b) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She indulges the children's every whim.
(b) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(c) She treats Rex with great respect.
(d) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
3. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
(a) They don't stand up to her.
(b) They are embarrassed by her.
(c) They are abusive towards her.
(d) They yell at her a lot.
4. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
(a) Because Rex has a new moneymaking scheme in Texas.
(b) To return to Phoenix to pick up their belongings.
(c) They want the kids to spend 'quality time' with Erma.
(d) To go on a second honeymoon.
5. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
(a) In the shed.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
2. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)