|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
(a) He refers to her father as "the town drunk."
(b) He makes an off-color comment to her.
(c) He offers her money for food.
(d) He tells her that she won't ever be anything.
2. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
(a) She hides all of the money and doles it out sparingly.
(b) She spends it all on food to last the entire month before her father can get to it.
(c) She wastes some of it on things for herself and is ashamed, but buys food with the rest.
(d) She gives money to her father when he asks, even though she knows she shouldn't.
3. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She has a deep rage for them.
(b) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(c) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(d) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the author's apartment.
5. What is Brian doing as he enters adolescence?
(a) He is getting into trouble and frequently involved in fights.
(b) He stays in his room alone all of the time but does well in school.
(c) He has left home and the family has not heard from him.
(d) Doing better in school and planning for graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
4. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)