|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) With her teachers.
(b) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
(c) In her bedroom, alone.
(d) At friends' houses.
2. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He sits on the porch and cries.
(d) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
3. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are put into advanced classes.
(b) They are all put into special education classes.
(c) They decide not to return after the first week.
(d) They are very popular right away.
4. What does Jeannette want to do for a career by the time she is in 7th grade?
(a) Be a scientist.
(b) Be a social worker.
(c) Be a teacher.
(d) Be a writer.
5. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(b) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(c) It only lasts a few weeks.
(d) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
2. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
4. Who is Billy Deel?
5. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)