|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ginnie Sue?
(a) Lori's only friend, who stands up for her with the other kids.
(b) A prostitute who lives in the Walls neighborhood, and whose daughter Jeannette is friends with.
(c) A woman who Rex is having an affair with.
(d) Jeannette's imaginary friend.
2. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
(b) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
(c) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
(d) The house has been burned down.
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He says that the FBI is after them.
(c) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(d) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Food and shelter.
(c) Education of any type.
5. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
(a) She gets her a babysitting job and a bus ticket.
(b) She agrees to send Lori money to help her if she moves there.
(c) She agrees to stay and help the family if they will let Lori go.
(d) She helps her apply to college there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
3. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
4. What is Rex's educational background?
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)