|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) A mansion.
(b) Her mother's jewelry collection.
(c) Several hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
2. Who is Dinitia?
(a) Erma's sister.
(b) A little girl who at first bullies Jeannette, but then befriends her.
(c) A cousin of the Walls children who comes to stay with them.
(d) Rex's new girlfriend.
3. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A cafeteria.
4. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the shed.
(d) In the basement.
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(a) With great sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
4. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
5. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)