|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was a traveling salesman.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He was in the Air Force.
(d) He was working as an electrical engineer.
2. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
(b) They all sleep in one big bed.
(c) They finally have their own rooms.
(d) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
3. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He has a physical disability.
(b) He threatens the other employees.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He does not have any skills.
4. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
(a) They have space heaters.
(b) There is no way to heat the house.
(c) Rose Mary has the children gather wood to burn.
(d) They steal kerosene and coal from neighbors.
5. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(b) The author's childhood.
(d) How she needs help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
2. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
5. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)