|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He threatens the other employees.
(b) He does not have any skills.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He has a physical disability.
2. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
(a) Jeannette steals ice cream for her siblings.
(b) Rex allows the children to get behind the bars to pet a cheetah.
(c) The children throw something at one of the lions.
(d) Rex tries to sneak all of the children in without paying admission.
3. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) A mansion.
(b) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
(c) Several hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Her mother's jewelry collection.
4. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(b) It is a mobile home.
(c) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(d) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
5. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
(a) Lori runs away and the family doesn't realize that she is gone.
(b) Brian is left in an apartment alone when the family moves.
(c) The baby is left on top of the car.
(d) Jeannette falls out of the car and her parents don't notice for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Green Lantern?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
4. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
5. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)