|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She treats Rex with great respect.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She indulges the children's every whim.
(d) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
(a) She keeps it because it "raises her spirits".
(b) She gives it as a gift to a friend.
(c) She sells it to a neighbor for less than it is worth.
(d) She loses it before she can sell it.
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Education of any type.
(b) Food and shelter.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
3. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
4. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
5. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)