|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
(a) Go to New York City.
(b) Get jobs to help support the family.
(c) Steal their parent's money.
(d) Visit their Grandma Smith.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) College Professor.
(b) Prison Guard.
3. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) The weather makes the baby sick.
(b) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(c) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(d) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
4. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(b) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(c) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(d) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(d) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
2. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
3. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)