|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
(a) They side with Erma, saying the children should have behaved better.
(b) They are enraged at Erma.
(c) They beat the children for lying.
(d) They pretend that they do not hear what the children are saying.
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He beats Jeannette.
(b) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(c) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(d) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(b) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(c) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(d) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
4. Who is Dinitia?
(a) Erma's sister.
(b) Rex's new girlfriend.
(c) A cousin of the Walls children who comes to stay with them.
(d) A little girl who at first bullies Jeannette, but then befriends her.
5. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
(a) That they are very lucky that they have their siblings.
(b) That many people on their street have worse situations than theirs.
(c) That they need to go out and get jobs to help the family.
(d) That if they are unhappy they should leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
2. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
4. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
5. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)