|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A trip to the zoo.
(b) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(c) A star.
(d) A pet puppy.
2. Where does Rex take Jeannette while her mother is gone in Part 3?
(a) To buy a new dress for school.
(b) To the opera.
(c) To a dance at her school.
(d) To a pool hall.
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They refuse to conform to them.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They think rules are very important.
(d) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(a) With great sadness.
5. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
(a) The teacher talks to them and decides that they aren't smart.
(b) Their mother tells the school that the children can't read.
(c) The children tell the principal that they want to be in slower classes.
(d) They can't understand the principal and don't answer his questions correctly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
3. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
4. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
5. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)