|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is in the other room, painting.
(b) She is helping Jeannette.
(c) She is not in the house.
(d) She is asleep in the living room.
2. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Indifferent, lazy.
(b) Angry, bitter.
(c) Carefree, giddy.
(d) Self-reliant, strong.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(b) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(c) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(d) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
4. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
(b) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(c) It is a mobile home.
(d) It is very small, but clean and modern.
5. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
(a) That once she leaves, she is no longer welcome in the home.
(b) That she is always welcome to change her mind and come back home.
(c) That she is making a huge mistake and will not be able to get along without her family.
(d) That he knows that she will be a huge success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's profession?
2. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
3. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
4. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
5. What is the glass castle?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)