|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) She becomes a cheerleader.
(b) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
(c) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
(d) She finds a boyfriend.
2. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(b) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(c) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(d) It only lasts a few weeks.
3. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Her mother's friends.
(b) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Rex's parents.
4. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
(a) She decides to move the family to Texas.
(b) She gets the children into a good private school.
(c) She makes plans to leave Rex.
(d) She gets a job as a teacher.
5. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
(a) Go to New York City.
(b) Visit their Grandma Smith.
(c) Steal their parent's money.
(d) Get jobs to help support the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
2. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
3. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
4. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
5. What does Jeannette expect her new grandparents to be like?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)