|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) They are homeless.
(b) In a halfway house.
(c) With friends in a housing project.
(d) In a nursing home.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is working in her office.
(b) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(c) She is walking down the street.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
3. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
(a) In the shed.
(b) In the basement.
(c) At the neighbor's house.
(d) In the backyard.
4. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She is all right with being homeless.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
5. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) At friends' houses.
(b) In her bedroom, alone.
(c) With her teachers.
(d) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Walls children get along socially at their new school in Part 3?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
3. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
4. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
5. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)