|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(c) New Orleans.
2. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
(c) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
(d) He sits on the porch and cries.
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(b) They refuse to conform to them.
(c) They think rules are very important.
(d) They want to fit in with everyone.
4. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) A good friend of Rex's.
(b) Rex's grandfather.
(c) Brian's best friend from school.
(d) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
5. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Welch, West Virginia.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
2. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
4. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
5. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)