|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(b) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(c) She should tell the truth.
(d) She should tell them it is none of their business.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(d) She is in line at the pharmacy.
3. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(c) New Orleans.
4. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
(b) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
(c) They all sleep in one big bed.
(d) They finally have their own rooms.
5. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A bar where the parents often go.
(b) The secret place where the children go to play.
(c) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
(d) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
2. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
4. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
5. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)