|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
2. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(b) Her brother teaches her.
(c) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(d) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
3. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(b) How she needs help.
(c) The author's childhood.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
4. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
(b) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
(c) They all sleep in one big bed.
(d) They finally have their own rooms.
5. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) For him to stop drinking.
(b) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(c) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
(d) For a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
2. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
3. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
5. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)