|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
(b) She steals from her teacher.
(c) In the trash can at school.
(d) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
2. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(b) A good friend of Rex's.
(c) Rex's grandfather.
(d) Brian's best friend from school.
3. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
(a) Rex tries to sneak all of the children in without paying admission.
(b) Jeannette steals ice cream for her siblings.
(c) The children throw something at one of the lions.
(d) Rex allows the children to get behind the bars to pet a cheetah.
4. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is helping Jeannette.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is asleep in the living room.
5. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(b) The women there are very kind to him.
(c) He is embarrassed and runs away.
(d) He sees his father there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
2. What is Jeannette's profession?
3. What is the Hot Pot?
4. What ends up happening to the hole the children dig in the backyard in Part 3?
5. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)