|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
(a) They pretend that they do not hear what the children are saying.
(b) They beat the children for lying.
(c) They are enraged at Erma.
(d) They side with Erma, saying the children should have behaved better.
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(b) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(c) He beats Jeannette.
(d) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
3. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(b) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(c) The weather makes the baby sick.
(d) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
4. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) She steals from her teacher.
(b) In the trash can at school.
(c) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
(d) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(b) Tired of everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dinitia?
2. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
3. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
4. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
5. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)