|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
(a) Rex allows the children to get behind the bars to pet a cheetah.
(b) Rex tries to sneak all of the children in without paying admission.
(c) The children throw something at one of the lions.
(d) Jeannette steals ice cream for her siblings.
2. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
(b) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
(c) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(d) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
3. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The truck catches on fire.
(b) The baby becomes very ill.
(c) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(d) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Strict discipline.
(b) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(c) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(d) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
5. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
(b) Rose Mary wants to move again.
(c) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
(d) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
5. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)