|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
(b) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(c) She always wanted to be college professor.
(d) Teachers don't make enough money.
2. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They think rules are very important.
(b) They refuse to conform to them.
(c) They want to fit in with everyone.
(d) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
4. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(b) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(c) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(d) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
5. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are very popular right away.
(b) They are put into advanced classes.
(c) They decide not to return after the first week.
(d) They are all put into special education classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
5. Why does Rex leave home and disappear for several days following the death of his mother?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)