|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
2. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Battle Mountain.
3. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(b) She eats things from the trash.
(c) She steals from other children's lunches.
(d) Her friends share their lunches with her.
4. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
(a) Because they aren't from Welch.
(b) Because they are "teacher's pets."
(c) Because their mother doesn't have a real job.
(d) Because of their lack of clothing and food.
5. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Get her children into a better school.
(c) Open an art gallery.
(d) Go back to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
2. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
3. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
4. Who is Dinitia?
5. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)