|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
(b) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(c) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(d) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(d) College Professor.
3. Who is Ginnie Sue?
(a) Lori's only friend, who stands up for her with the other kids.
(b) A woman who Rex is having an affair with.
(c) A prostitute who lives in the Walls neighborhood, and whose daughter Jeannette is friends with.
(d) Jeannette's imaginary friend.
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(b) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(c) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(d) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
(b) She plays with him when his sister won't.
(c) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(d) She gives him her money to get a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
4. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
5. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)