|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
2. How do the Walls children get along socially at their new school in Part 3?
(a) The other kids ignore them.
(b) The other children make fun of them and they get into fights.
(c) The other kids all want to be friends with them because they're new.
(d) The other children are jealous of them.
3. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(b) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(c) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(d) He beats Jeannette.
4. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They decide not to return after the first week.
(b) They are very popular right away.
(c) They are all put into special education classes.
(d) They are put into advanced classes.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
4. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
5. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)