|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) Her mother's jewelry collection.
(b) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
(c) A mansion.
(d) Several hundred thousand dollars.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) College Professor.
(c) Prison Guard.
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell the truth.
(b) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(c) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(d) She should tell them it is none of their business.
4. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(b) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(c) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(d) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
5. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
(a) She is playing with matches and catches her dress on fire.
(b) One of the children from school starts a fire in her yard.
(c) She is lighting a fire and the kerosene explodes on her.
(d) She is cooking for her younger brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
2. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
3. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
4. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)