|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is asleep in the living room.
(b) She is in the other room, painting.
(c) She is not in the house.
(d) She is helping Jeannette.
2. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(b) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(c) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(d) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
4. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
(a) The teacher talks to them and decides that they aren't smart.
(b) The children tell the principal that they want to be in slower classes.
(c) They can't understand the principal and don't answer his questions correctly.
(d) Their mother tells the school that the children can't read.
5. What is the Hot Pot?
(a) A special hiding place in the basement.
(b) A hot spring where the family goes to swim.
(c) The name of the place that the kids build a fort.
(d) A local bar that Rex frequents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
2. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
3. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
4. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)