|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A trip to the zoo.
(b) A star.
(c) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(d) A pet puppy.
3. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
(a) Because of their lack of clothing and food.
(b) Because they are "teacher's pets."
(c) Because their mother doesn't have a real job.
(d) Because they aren't from Welch.
4. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
(b) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(c) They think the house is old and creepy.
(d) They hate the house as it's not very large.
5. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(b) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(c) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(d) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
4. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
5. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)