|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are all put into special education classes.
(b) They decide not to return after the first week.
(c) They are very popular right away.
(d) They are put into advanced classes.
2. What is the Hot Pot?
(a) A local bar that Rex frequents.
(b) A special hiding place in the basement.
(c) The name of the place that the kids build a fort.
(d) A hot spring where the family goes to swim.
3. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Move on and have her own life.
(b) Move away to another place.
(c) Help her parents to change.
(d) Accept her parents as they are.
4. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
(b) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
(c) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
(d) Rose Mary wants to move again.
5. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Alcohol and gambling.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Gifts for the kids.
(d) Gifts for his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ginnie Sue?
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
3. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
4. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
5. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)