|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
(a) That they need to go out and get jobs to help the family.
(b) That if they are unhappy they should leave.
(c) That they are very lucky that they have their siblings.
(d) That many people on their street have worse situations than theirs.
2. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(b) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(c) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(d) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) College Professor.
(c) Prison Guard.
4. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Open an art gallery.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Get her children into a better school.
(d) Go back to college.
5. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
(b) They all sleep in one big bed.
(c) They finally have their own rooms.
(d) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
2. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
4. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
5. What is the Green Lantern?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)