|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) The kids want to leave their school.
(b) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(c) They accidentally burned down their house.
(d) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
2. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She lets the children handle the money.
(b) She spends it all before he can get at it.
(c) She hides it in the house.
(d) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
4. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her brother teaches her.
(b) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
(c) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(d) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
5. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette expect her new grandparents to be like?
2. What is the Green Lantern?
3. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
4. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
5. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)