|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Self-reliant, strong.
(b) Angry, bitter.
(c) Carefree, giddy.
(d) Indifferent, lazy.
2. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
(a) She says it is the truth but there is nothing wrong with what she did.
(b) She kicks the entire family out of the house.
(c) She breaks down and confesses to doing wrong.
(d) She says everyone but Brian can stay with her.
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A star.
(b) A pet puppy.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
4. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
(a) They all sleep in one big bed.
(b) They finally have their own rooms.
(c) The children decide that they will all sleep together in the shed.
(d) They sleep in one room and make beds out of ropes because there is no furniture.
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
2. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the Green Lantern?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)