|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They think rules are very important.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(d) They refuse to conform to them.
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(b) She treats Rex with great respect.
(c) She indulges the children's every whim.
(d) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
3. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(b) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
(c) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
(d) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
4. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) The weather makes the baby sick.
(b) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(c) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(d) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
5. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) At the neighbor's house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's profession?
2. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)