|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
(b) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
(c) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
(d) Rose Mary wants to move again.
2. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
3. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(b) She calls a mutual friend.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
4. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(b) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(c) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(d) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
5. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(d) She will not let children out of her sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
2. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
3. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
4. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
5. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)