|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
(a) The children throw something at one of the lions.
(b) Rex tries to sneak all of the children in without paying admission.
(c) Rex allows the children to get behind the bars to pet a cheetah.
(d) Jeannette steals ice cream for her siblings.
2. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
3. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(d) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
4. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(c) New Orleans.
5. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) The author's childhood.
(c) How she needs help.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
4. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)