|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a bad neighborhood.
(b) In a large house in the suburbs.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a homeless shelter.
2. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
(b) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(c) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(d) It is a mobile home.
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She steals from other children's lunches.
(b) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(c) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(d) She eats things from the trash.
5. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
(b) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(d) Food that she found out in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
2. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
3. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
4. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)