|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dinitia?
(a) A little girl who at first bullies Jeannette, but then befriends her.
(b) A cousin of the Walls children who comes to stay with them.
(c) Erma's sister.
(d) Rex's new girlfriend.
2. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
(a) Brian becomes upset at Erma because she doesn't pay attention to him.
(b) Erma tells Lori that her father is "just a bum."
(c) Erma believes Jeannette stole her money.
(d) Lori catches Erma attempting to molest Brian.
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) As a bartender.
(b) As a hospital orderly.
(c) In a mine.
(d) He does not have a job.
4. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Rex's parents.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(d) Grandma Smith.
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her brother teaches her.
(b) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
(c) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(d) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
2. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
3. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
5. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)