|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A bar where the parents often go.
(b) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
(c) The secret place where the children go to play.
(d) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(b) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(c) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(d) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
3. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(b) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(c) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(d) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
4. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is asleep in the living room.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is helping Jeannette.
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
2. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
3. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
4. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
5. Who is Ginnie Sue?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)