|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has never had any formal schooling.
(b) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(c) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(d) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(b) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(c) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(d) She is all right with being homeless.
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(b) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(c) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(d) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
4. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
5. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(b) She indulges the children's every whim.
(c) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(d) She treats Rex with great respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
2. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
4. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
5. Who is Billy Deel?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)