|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
2. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) It is genuinely not important to her.
(b) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(c) She is deeply ashamed.
(d) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the author's apartment.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
4. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Help her parents to change.
(b) Move on and have her own life.
(c) Accept her parents as they are.
(d) Move away to another place.
5. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(b) The truck catches on fire.
(c) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
(d) The baby becomes very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
2. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
3. Who is Billy Deel?
4. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
5. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)