|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She treats Rex with great respect.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(d) She indulges the children's every whim.
2. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) The women there are very kind to him.
(b) He sees his father there.
(c) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He is embarrassed and runs away.
3. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(b) New Orleans.
4. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
5. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(b) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(c) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(d) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
2. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
4. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)