|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(b) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
2. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She steals from other children's lunches.
(b) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(c) She eats things from the trash.
(d) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
3. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(b) New Orleans.
4. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(b) He has never had any formal schooling.
(c) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(d) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
5. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
4. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
5. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)