|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(d) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A pet puppy.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A star.
(d) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
3. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) A good friend of Rex's.
(b) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(c) Brian's best friend from school.
(d) Rex's grandfather.
4. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(c) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(d) He says that the FBI is after them.
5. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) One month.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two days.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
3. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
4. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
5. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)