|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a homeless shelter.
(b) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(c) In a large house in the suburbs.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
2. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(b) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(c) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(d) He has never had any formal schooling.
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(b) College Professor.
4. What is Jeannette's profession?
(b) Literature Professor.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
5. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) Two days.
(b) One year.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
4. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
5. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)