|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
(b) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(c) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
(d) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) The Walls parents.
(c) Lori and Jeannette.
3. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
(a) Rex tries to sneak all of the children in without paying admission.
(b) Rex allows the children to get behind the bars to pet a cheetah.
(c) The children throw something at one of the lions.
(d) Jeannette steals ice cream for her siblings.
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a bad neighborhood.
(b) In a homeless shelter.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a large house in the suburbs.
5. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are very popular right away.
(b) They are put into advanced classes.
(c) They are all put into special education classes.
(d) They decide not to return after the first week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
2. What is the Green Lantern?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)