|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(b) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(c) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(d) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
2. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(b) She gets held back a grade.
(c) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
(d) She has a very hard time academically.
3. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He threatens the other employees.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He does not have any skills.
(d) He has a physical disability.
4. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) Jeannette dares him to.
(b) He thinks he will see his father there.
(c) He wants to meet the girls there.
(d) His friends tell him he should.
5. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Open an art gallery.
(b) Get her children into a better school.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Learn to cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
2. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. Jeannette has how many siblings?
5. What is the Green Lantern?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)