|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Welch, West Virginia.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Biloxi, Mississippi.
2. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She gets held back a grade.
(b) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(c) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
(d) She has a very hard time academically.
4. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls a mutual friend.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(d) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. Who is Billy Deel?
5. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)