|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Battle Mountain.
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(c) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(d) Strict discipline.
3. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) He thinks he will see his father there.
(b) Jeannette dares him to.
(c) His friends tell him he should.
(d) He wants to meet the girls there.
4. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(b) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(c) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(d) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(b) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(c) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(d) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
5. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)