|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
2. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(b) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(c) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(d) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a homeless shelter.
(b) In a large house in the suburbs.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
4. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her brother teaches her.
(b) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(c) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(d) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
5. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
2. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
3. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
4. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
5. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)