|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is in the other room, painting.
(b) She is asleep in the living room.
(c) She is helping Jeannette.
(d) She is not in the house.
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) She moved frequently.
(b) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(c) In Canada.
(d) In the deep South.
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(b) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(c) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(d) She should tell the truth.
4. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are all put into special education classes.
(b) They are put into advanced classes.
(c) They are very popular right away.
(d) They decide not to return after the first week.
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(b) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(c) She has a deep rage for them.
(d) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)