|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The baby becomes very ill.
(b) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
(c) The truck catches on fire.
(d) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She is all right with being homeless.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
3. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
4. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) West Virginia.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) Battle Mountain.
5. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
(b) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(d) Food that she found out in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)