|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(b) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(c) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(d) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is walking down the street.
(d) She is in line at the pharmacy.
3. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Gifts for his mistress.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Alcohol and gambling.
(d) Gifts for the kids.
4. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She lets the children handle the money.
(b) She hides it in the house.
(c) She spends it all before he can get at it.
(d) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She has turned them down.
(b) She will not discuss it.
(c) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(d) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
2. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
3. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
5. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)