|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) A brother and two sisters.
(b) Five brothers.
(c) No siblings.
(d) Four sisters.
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He has a physical disability.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He does not have any skills.
(d) He threatens the other employees.
3. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(b) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(c) She has turned them down.
(d) She will not discuss it.
4. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(b) Because her mother likes it there.
(c) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
5. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She gets held back a grade.
(b) She has a very hard time academically.
(c) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(d) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
2. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
3. Where did Jeannette grow up?
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)