|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
2. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(d) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
(d) He does not work.
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)