|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(b) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(c) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(d) She burns herself at a bonfire.
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
3. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Gifts for the kids.
(b) Useless things for the house.
(c) Alcohol and gambling.
(d) Gifts for his mistress.
4. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) He wants to meet the girls there.
(b) His friends tell him he should.
(c) Jeannette dares him to.
(d) He thinks he will see his father there.
5. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Her mother's friends.
(d) Rex's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
2. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
4. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
5. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)