|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
2. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
(a) Gifts for the kids.
(b) Gifts for his mistress.
(c) Alcohol and gambling.
(d) Useless things for the house.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(d) Tired of everything.
4. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(c) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
(d) Food that she found out in the yard.
5. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
2. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
3. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
4. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
5. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)