|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Education of any type.
(b) Food and shelter.
2. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) She always wanted to be college professor.
(b) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(c) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
(d) Teachers don't make enough money.
3. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(b) It is genuinely not important to her.
(c) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(d) She is deeply ashamed.
4. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(b) Battle Mountain.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) West Virginia.
5. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(b) The weather makes the baby sick.
(c) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(d) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
2. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
3. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
4. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)