|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She treats Rex with great respect.
(d) She indulges the children's every whim.
2. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) He wants to meet the girls there.
(b) His friends tell him he should.
(c) Jeannette dares him to.
(d) He thinks he will see his father there.
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(b) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
(c) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(d) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
4. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) Rex's grandfather.
(b) A good friend of Rex's.
(c) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(d) Brian's best friend from school.
5. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(b) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(c) She eats things from the trash.
(d) She steals from other children's lunches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
4. What is the Hot Pot?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)