|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(b) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(c) He never does anything with them.
(d) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
2. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
(a) Brian is left in an apartment alone when the family moves.
(b) Jeannette falls out of the car and her parents don't notice for a while.
(c) The baby is left on top of the car.
(d) Lori runs away and the family doesn't realize that she is gone.
3. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) He thinks he will see his father there.
(b) Jeannette dares him to.
(c) His friends tell him he should.
(d) He wants to meet the girls there.
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
(b) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
(c) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
(d) He takes them for an Easter present.
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
(b) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Literature Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Green Lantern?
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
3. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
4. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)