|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Strict discipline.
(b) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(c) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
3. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Welch, West Virginia.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Biloxi, Mississippi.
4. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
(b) The kids want to leave their school.
(c) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(d) They accidentally burned down their house.
5. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(b) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
3. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)