|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She has a very hard time academically.
(b) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
(c) She gets held back a grade.
(d) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
2. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(b) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(c) He never does anything with them.
(d) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
3. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two days.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(b) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(c) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(d) She has a deep rage for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
5. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)