|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
2. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(b) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(c) She will not let children out of her sight.
(d) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
4. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(c) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(d) She is working in her office.
5. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) Teachers don't make enough money.
(b) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(c) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
(d) She always wanted to be college professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. Who is Billy Deel?
4. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
5. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)