|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(b) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(c) She steals from other children's lunches.
(d) She eats things from the trash.
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(b) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(c) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(d) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
3. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(b) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(c) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(d) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
4. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
5. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has never had any formal schooling.
(b) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(c) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(d) He has no education beyond grammar school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
2. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
3. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
5. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)