|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she does not want to change.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(d) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
2. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(b) She has a deep rage for them.
(c) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(d) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She indulges the children's every whim.
(b) She treats Rex with great respect.
(c) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(d) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
4. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He was a traveling salesman.
(c) He did not have a job.
(d) He was working as an electrical engineer.
5. What is the Hot Pot?
(a) A local bar that Rex frequents.
(b) A special hiding place in the basement.
(c) The name of the place that the kids build a fort.
(d) A hot spring where the family goes to swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
2. What is the Green Lantern?
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
5. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)