|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
2. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(b) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(c) He never does anything with them.
(d) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Literature Professor.
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(d) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
5. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
(b) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(c) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
(d) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
5. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)