|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(b) The author's childhood.
(c) How she needs help.
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A star.
(d) A pet puppy.
3. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Learn to cook.
(b) Go back to college.
(c) Get her children into a better school.
(d) Open an art gallery.
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. What is the Hot Pot?
(a) A special hiding place in the basement.
(b) The name of the place that the kids build a fort.
(c) A local bar that Rex frequents.
(d) A hot spring where the family goes to swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
4. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
5. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)