|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Help her parents to change.
(b) Move away to another place.
(c) Move on and have her own life.
(d) Accept her parents as they are.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Rex's parents.
4. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(c) He did not have a job.
(d) He was a traveling salesman.
5. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(b) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(c) The author's childhood.
(d) How she needs help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
5. What is the glass castle?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)