|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(b) He never does anything with them.
(c) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(d) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
2. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) He is embarrassed and runs away.
(b) The women there are very kind to him.
(c) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He sees his father there.
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(b) She will not let children out of her sight.
(c) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(d) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
4. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
(b) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(c) The kids want to leave their school.
(d) They accidentally burned down their house.
5. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She lets the children handle the money.
(b) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
(c) She spends it all before he can get at it.
(d) She hides it in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
2. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
4. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
5. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)