|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) She always wanted to be college professor.
(b) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
(c) Teachers don't make enough money.
(d) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They refuse to conform to them.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(d) They think rules are very important.
3. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(d) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
4. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She calls a mutual friend.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
5. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(b) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(c) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(d) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
3. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)