|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) A few days old.
(d) Ten years old.
2. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) She steals her sister's food.
(b) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(c) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(d) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
3. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has never had any formal schooling.
(b) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(c) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(d) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
4. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(b) She moved frequently.
(c) In the deep South.
(d) In Canada.
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) No siblings.
(b) A brother and two sisters.
(c) Four sisters.
(d) Five brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
2. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
4. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
5. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)