|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
(b) He does not work.
2. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She will not discuss it.
(b) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(c) She has turned them down.
(d) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
(b) She hides it in the house.
(c) She lets the children handle the money.
(d) She spends it all before he can get at it.
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a halfway house.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) They are homeless.
(d) With friends in a housing project.
5. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has never had any formal schooling.
(b) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(c) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(d) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
5. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)