|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(d) Tired of everything.
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They want to fit in with everyone.
(b) They refuse to conform to them.
(c) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(d) They think rules are very important.
3. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(b) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
4. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
(a) Scamming banks by making simultaneous withdrawals.
(b) Doing odd jobs for their neighbors.
(c) Shoplifting food from stores and selling it.
(d) Dealing drugs.
5. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
3. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
4. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)