|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(c) Another teacher.
2. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(b) For him to stop drinking.
(c) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
(d) For a horse.
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the author's apartment.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) It is genuinely not important to her.
(b) She is deeply ashamed.
(c) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(d) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
3. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
4. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
5. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)