|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(c) The Walls parents.
(d) Lori and Jeannette.
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a large house in the suburbs.
(b) In a homeless shelter.
(c) In a bad neighborhood.
(d) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
3. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(b) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(c) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(d) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
4. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) Battle Mountain.
(d) West Virginia.
5. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) As a bartender.
(b) As a hospital orderly.
(c) In a mine.
(d) He does not have a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
2. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
4. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
5. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)