|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She will not let children out of her sight.
(d) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
2. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(b) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(c) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(d) Her mother is grocery shopping.
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) Battle Mountain.
(c) West Virginia.
4. What is the glass castle?
(a) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
(b) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(c) A place that the kids go to play.
(d) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
5. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(b) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(c) He has never had any formal schooling.
(d) He has no education beyond grammar school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
5. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)