|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 62-125,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(c) Strict discipline.
(d) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(b) She calls a mutual friend.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(b) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(c) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(d) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
4. What is the Hot Pot?
(a) A local bar that Rex frequents.
(b) A hot spring where the family goes to swim.
(c) The name of the place that the kids build a fort.
(d) A special hiding place in the basement.
5. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) A few days old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
4. Who is Billy Deel?
5. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)