|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the glass castle?
(a) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(b) A place that the kids go to play.
(c) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(d) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
2. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The truck catches on fire.
(b) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(c) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
(d) The baby becomes very ill.
3. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she does not want to change.
(d) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
4. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(b) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(c) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(d) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
5. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is helping Jeannette.
(b) She is asleep in the living room.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is not in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
3. What is Rex's educational background?
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)