|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Welch, West Virginia.
(d) New York, New York.
2. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) In a mine.
(c) As a bartender.
(d) As a hospital orderly.
3. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(c) Tired of everything.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)