|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(b) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(c) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(d) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(c) The author's childhood.
(d) How she needs help.
3. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One year.
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They think rules are very important.
(b) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They want to fit in with everyone.
5. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(b) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
3. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
4. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)