|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He says that the FBI is after them.
(b) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(c) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(d) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
2. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) As a hospital orderly.
(b) He does not have a job.
(c) As a bartender.
(d) In a mine.
3. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
4. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The truck catches on fire.
(b) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
(c) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(d) The baby becomes very ill.
5. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) The Walls parents.
(b) Lori and Jeannette.
(d) Grandma Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
2. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
4. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)