|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
2. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(c) Tired of everything.
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(b) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) At a restaurant.
5. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(c) In Canada.
(d) She moved frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
5. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)