|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They want to fit in with everyone.
(b) They think rules are very important.
(c) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(d) They refuse to conform to them.
2. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(b) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
(c) He has never had any formal schooling.
(d) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
3. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(c) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(d) She is all right with being homeless.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(b) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(c) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(d) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
5. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He does not have any skills.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He has a physical disability.
(d) He threatens the other employees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)