|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(b) That she does not want to change.
(c) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(d) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(b) In a large house in the suburbs.
(c) In a homeless shelter.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
3. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is working in her office.
(b) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(c) She is walking down the street.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
4. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(b) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(c) She is all right with being homeless.
(d) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
5. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(b) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(c) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(d) He beats Jeannette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
3. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)