|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(b) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(c) The weather makes the baby sick.
(d) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
2. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was a traveling salesman.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He was in the Air Force.
(d) He was working as an electrical engineer.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(b) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(c) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(d) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At a hotel.
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(b) Tired of everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
2. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
3. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
5. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)