|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) Welch, West Virginia.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Biloxi, Mississippi.
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(b) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(c) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(d) She is all right with being homeless.
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She gets held back a grade.
(b) She has a very hard time academically.
(c) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(d) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
4. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell the truth.
(b) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(c) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(d) She should tell them it is none of their business.
5. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)