|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(b) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(c) Because her mother likes it there.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
2. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is helping Jeannette.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is asleep in the living room.
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(c) Strict discipline.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
4. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
5. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. Where did Jeannette grow up?
4. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
5. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)