|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(b) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(c) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(d) She has a deep rage for them.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(b) Because her mother likes it there.
(c) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(d) Her mother will only meet her in public.
5. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(b) He has never had any formal schooling.
(c) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(d) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
4. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)