|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(b) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(c) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(d) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(c) She moved frequently.
(d) In Canada.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(b) Tired of everything.
4. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(c) Literature Professor.
5. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He does not have any skills.
(b) He threatens the other employees.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He has a physical disability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
2. Where did Rex grow up?
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
4. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)