|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(b) Tired of everything.
2. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is asleep in the living room.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is helping Jeannette.
3. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They think rules are very important.
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(b) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(c) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(d) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
2. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
5. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)