|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) At a restaurant.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(d) She is in line at the pharmacy.
3. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) They are homeless.
(b) In a halfway house.
(c) With friends in a housing project.
(d) In a nursing home.
4. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(b) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(c) She sends a letter.
(d) She calls a mutual friend.
5. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Education of any type.
(b) Food and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)