|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Goes on to a party.
(c) Calls her friend to talk.
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a large house in the suburbs.
(b) In a bad neighborhood.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a homeless shelter.
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(b) The author's childhood.
(c) How she needs help.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(b) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(c) She has turned them down.
(d) She will not discuss it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
3. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
4. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
5. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)