|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(b) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(c) Because her mother likes it there.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Goes on to a party.
(d) Calls her friend to talk.
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They refuse to conform to them.
(b) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(c) They want to fit in with everyone.
(d) They think rules are very important.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
2. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)