|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(c) How she needs help.
(d) The author's childhood.
3. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(b) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(c) She is all right with being homeless.
(d) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
4. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) No siblings.
(b) Four sisters.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) A brother and two sisters.
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
(c) Literature Professor.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)