|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Accept her parents as they are.
(b) Move away to another place.
(c) Move on and have her own life.
(d) Help her parents to change.
2. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(c) Tired of everything.
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Carefree, giddy.
(b) Self-reliant, strong.
(c) Indifferent, lazy.
(d) Angry, bitter.
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(c) Calls her friend to talk.
(d) Goes on to a party.
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At the author's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
2. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. Where did Jeannette grow up?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)