|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) With friends in a housing project.
(b) In a halfway house.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) They are homeless.
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a homeless shelter.
(b) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(c) In a large house in the suburbs.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
4. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(b) It is genuinely not important to her.
(c) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(d) She is deeply ashamed.
5. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) How she needs help.
(c) The author's childhood.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
2. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)