|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Strict discipline.
(c) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(d) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(b) The author's childhood.
(c) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(d) How she needs help.
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(b) Because her mother likes it there.
(c) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
3. Jeannette has how many siblings?
4. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
5. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)