|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(c) She is all right with being homeless.
(d) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Five brothers.
(b) No siblings.
(c) A brother and two sisters.
(d) Four sisters.
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(d) Goes on to a party.
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) With friends in a housing project.
(b) In a halfway house.
(c) They are homeless.
(d) In a nursing home.
5. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)