|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
(d) Asks to be taken back home.
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is all right with being homeless.
(b) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(b) Literature Professor.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(d) With great sadness.
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(b) She has turned them down.
(c) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(d) She will not discuss it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
3. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)