|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(b) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(c) It is genuinely not important to her.
(d) She is deeply ashamed.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) How she needs help.
(c) The author's childhood.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
3. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Help her parents to change.
(b) Move on and have her own life.
(c) Accept her parents as they are.
(d) Move away to another place.
4. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is working in her office.
(b) She is walking down the street.
(c) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(d) She is in line at the pharmacy.
5. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(c) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(d) Strict discipline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
2. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
3. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)