|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(b) She is walking down the street.
(c) She is working in her office.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They refuse to conform to them.
(b) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(c) They want to fit in with everyone.
(d) They think rules are very important.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At the author's apartment.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
4. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
5. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)