|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) A brother and two sisters.
(b) Four sisters.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) No siblings.
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At the author's apartment.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(b) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(c) Strict discipline.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(a) Tired of everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
4. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)