|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Because her mother likes it there.
(b) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(c) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
3. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(b) That she does not want to change.
(c) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) They are homeless.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) With friends in a housing project.
(d) In a halfway house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
2. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)