|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) It is genuinely not important to her.
(b) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(c) She is deeply ashamed.
(d) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(c) She is all right with being homeless.
(d) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
3. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She calls a mutual friend.
(d) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(b) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(c) She should tell the truth.
(d) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's profession?
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. Where did Jeannette grow up?
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
5. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)