|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(b) Goes on to a party.
(c) Calls her friend to talk.
(d) Asks to be taken back home.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a bad neighborhood.
(b) In a homeless shelter.
(c) In a large house in the suburbs.
(d) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(b) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(c) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(d) She should tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's profession?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)