|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(b) She is all right with being homeless.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Five brothers.
(b) A brother and two sisters.
(c) No siblings.
(d) Four sisters.
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Because her mother likes it there.
(b) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(c) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(d) Her mother will only meet her in public.
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a large house in the suburbs.
(b) In a bad neighborhood.
(c) In a homeless shelter.
(d) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
5. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)