|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) The author's childhood.
(b) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
(d) How she needs help.
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a bad neighborhood.
(b) In a large house in the suburbs.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a homeless shelter.
4. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) She moved frequently.
(c) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(d) In Canada.
5. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(c) She is working in her office.
(d) She is in line at the pharmacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
2. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)