|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She has a deep rage for them.
(b) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(c) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(d) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
2. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
(b) Because her mother likes it there.
(c) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(d) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
3. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
4. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(b) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(c) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(d) That she does not want to change.
5. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)