|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) The author's childhood.
(c) How she needs help.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Elementary Teacher.
(b) Literature Professor.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(a) With great sadness.
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(b) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(c) She has turned them down.
(d) She will not discuss it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
3. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)