|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Five brothers.
(b) A brother and two sisters.
(c) Four sisters.
(d) No siblings.
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(b) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(c) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(d) Strict discipline.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(c) Tired of everything.
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) The author's childhood.
(b) How she needs help.
(c) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
5. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)