|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a large house in the suburbs.
(b) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(c) In a bad neighborhood.
(d) In a homeless shelter.
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) With friends in a housing project.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a halfway house.
(d) They are homeless.
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(b) Strict discipline.
(c) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(b) She has a deep rage for them.
(c) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(d) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. Jeannette has how many siblings?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)