|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, A Woman on the Street,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(c) Because her mother likes it there.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
2. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) They are homeless.
(b) With friends in a housing project.
(c) In a halfway house.
(d) In a nursing home.
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(b) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(c) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(d) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
2. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
3. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)