Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, New York City, and Part Five, Thanksgiving,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette plan to do after high school?
(a) Go straight to college.
(b) Take a job with the publication she interns for.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Move back to Welch to be near her parents.
2. What does Jeannette do when she decides she needs braces for her teeth?
(a) She makes homemade braces out of rubber bands.
(b) She tells her parents that she wants them for Christmas.
(c) She tries to get a job at a dentist's office so that she can get braces.
(d) She starts saving up money from her part time job.
3. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(d) Another teacher.
4. What is the high school guidance counselor's advice for Jeannette?
(a) To find a vocational school to go to, and live at home.
(b) To keep her aspirations low, considering her background.
(c) To get married and not worry about school.
(d) To graduate high school and find a college to go to in West Virginia.
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(b) Tired of everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
4. Where do the children go to shower after there is no longer any bathroom in their house?
5. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)