|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(b) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(c) She will not discuss it.
(d) She has turned them down.
2. What is Jeannette's profession?
(b) Literature Professor.
(c) Elementary Teacher.
3. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
(a) He makes an off-color comment to her.
(b) He tells her that she won't ever be anything.
(c) He refers to her father as "the town drunk."
(d) He offers her money for food.
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a large house in the suburbs.
(b) In a homeless shelter.
(c) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
5. What does Jeannette tell her parents about the social worker visiting the house?
(a) That she told the social worker to go away.
(b) That they need to do something to help keep the family together.
(c) That she hopes that the social workers take her to a new home.
(d) That she told the social worker the truth about what is going on in the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
3. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
4. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
5. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)