|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
(a) She gives money to her father when he asks, even though she knows she shouldn't.
(b) She hides all of the money and doles it out sparingly.
(c) She spends it all on food to last the entire month before her father can get to it.
(d) She wastes some of it on things for herself and is ashamed, but buys food with the rest.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(a) How she needs help.
(b) The author's childhood.
(c) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
3. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(b) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(c) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(d) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
4. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
(b) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(c) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(d) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
5. What does Jeannette do when she decides she needs braces for her teeth?
(a) She tells her parents that she wants them for Christmas.
(b) She tries to get a job at a dentist's office so that she can get braces.
(c) She starts saving up money from her part time job.
(d) She makes homemade braces out of rubber bands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
5. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)