|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(b) He beats Jeannette.
(c) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(d) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
2. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
(b) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(c) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
(d) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
3. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
(a) Her father punishes her after she tells her mother to stop acting like a child.
(b) She catches her father with another woman.
(c) She gets into a fight with another girl at school.
(d) Her sister runs away.
4. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Los Angeles, California.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) No siblings.
(b) A brother and two sisters.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) Four sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
2. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
4. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
5. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)