|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Walls children get along socially at their new school in Part 3?
(a) The other children make fun of them and they get into fights.
(b) The other kids ignore them.
(c) The other kids all want to be friends with them because they're new.
(d) The other children are jealous of them.
2. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(b) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(c) She steals from other children's lunches.
(d) She eats things from the trash.
3. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Rex's parents.
4. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
(b) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
(c) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(d) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
5. What is Brian doing as he enters adolescence?
(a) He stays in his room alone all of the time but does well in school.
(b) He has left home and the family has not heard from him.
(c) He is getting into trouble and frequently involved in fights.
(d) Doing better in school and planning for graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
2. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
3. Why does Rex leave home and disappear for several days following the death of his mother?
4. Where did Rex grow up?
5. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)