|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(b) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
(c) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(d) It is a mobile home.
2. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
(a) By letting her stay out all night.
(b) By giving her alcohol.
(c) By having her "entertain" a man who he is playing pool with.
(d) By leaving her alone at home.
3. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(b) Another teacher.
4. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(b) He never does anything with them.
(c) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(d) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
5. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
(a) Brian is left in an apartment alone when the family moves.
(b) Lori runs away and the family doesn't realize that she is gone.
(c) The baby is left on top of the car.
(d) Jeannette falls out of the car and her parents don't notice for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
3. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
4. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
5. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)