|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette want to do for a career by the time she is in 7th grade?
(a) Be a social worker.
(b) Be a teacher.
(c) Be a scientist.
(d) Be a writer.
2. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
(a) To give a gift to her mother.
(b) In order to buy food.
(c) Because she feels she deserves to have something nice.
(d) To get even, when her boss accuses her of being a thief.
3. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
(a) She always wanted to be college professor.
(b) Rose Mary dislikes being with other people's children.
(c) Teachers don't make enough money.
(d) Because teaching requires organization and discipline.
4. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
5. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
(a) She nearly drowns after getting into a fight with another girl.
(b) The other children mock her for living in a "trash heap" and chase her out of the pool.
(c) A neighborhood girl befriends her.
(d) She finally finds something that she can enjoy doing during the summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
2. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
3. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
4. Where does Rex take Jeannette while her mother is gone in Part 3?
5. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)