|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) For him to stop drinking.
(b) For a horse.
(c) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(d) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
2. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He sits on the porch and cries.
(b) He ignores them.
(c) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
(d) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
3. What is the high school guidance counselor's advice for Jeannette?
(a) To find a vocational school to go to, and live at home.
(b) To get married and not worry about school.
(c) To graduate high school and find a college to go to in West Virginia.
(d) To keep her aspirations low, considering her background.
4. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) A good friend of Rex's.
(b) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(c) Rex's grandfather.
(d) Brian's best friend from school.
5. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
(a) To get even, when her boss accuses her of being a thief.
(b) Because she feels she deserves to have something nice.
(c) To give a gift to her mother.
(d) In order to buy food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
2. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
3. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
4. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
5. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)