|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He was a traveling salesman.
(c) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(d) He did not have a job.
2. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Rex's parents.
(d) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(d) Tired of everything.
4. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(d) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
4. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)