|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(d) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
2. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
(a) She makes plans to leave Rex.
(b) She gets a job as a teacher.
(c) She gets the children into a good private school.
(d) She decides to move the family to Texas.
3. Why does Jeannette confront her mother and say she is acting like a child?
(a) Her mother is angry at Lori and ignoring her.
(b) Her mother has been spending money on gambling.
(c) Because her mother has quit her job again.
(d) Because her mother has been staying out late every night.
4. What does Jeannette tell her parents about the social worker visiting the house?
(a) That she told the social worker the truth about what is going on in the home.
(b) That she hopes that the social workers take her to a new home.
(c) That they need to do something to help keep the family together.
(d) That she told the social worker to go away.
5. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
(a) A camera.
(b) An expensive diamond ring.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A set of golf clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
2. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
3. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
4. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
5. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)