|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) It only lasts a few weeks.
(b) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(c) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(d) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He does not have any skills.
(c) He has a physical disability.
(d) He threatens the other employees.
3. Who is Ginnie Sue?
(a) A woman who Rex is having an affair with.
(b) Jeannette's imaginary friend.
(c) A prostitute who lives in the Walls neighborhood, and whose daughter Jeannette is friends with.
(d) Lori's only friend, who stands up for her with the other kids.
4. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
(a) They are enraged at Erma.
(b) They beat the children for lying.
(c) They side with Erma, saying the children should have behaved better.
(d) They pretend that they do not hear what the children are saying.
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(b) It is genuinely not important to her.
(c) She is deeply ashamed.
(d) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
3. Where did Rex grow up?
4. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
5. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)