|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(b) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(c) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(d) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
(a) Rose Mary begins to sell more of her paintings.
(b) They are getting money from mineral rights on the land in Texas.
(c) Rex stops drinking and works regularly.
(d) Jeannette finds an after-school job that pays well.
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
(d) Asks to be taken back home.
5. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) Lori and Jeannette.
(c) The Walls parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
3. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
4. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)