|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(b) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
2. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
3. Where does Rex take Jeannette while her mother is gone in Part 3?
(a) To the opera.
(b) To a dance at her school.
(c) To buy a new dress for school.
(d) To a pool hall.
4. How do Grandpa and Uncle Stanley react to Erma?
(a) They don't stand up to her.
(b) They are embarrassed by her.
(c) They are abusive towards her.
(d) They yell at her a lot.
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(b) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(c) She should tell the truth.
(d) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
2. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
3. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
5. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)