|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A camera.
(c) An expensive diamond ring.
(d) A fur coat.
2. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(b) She is deeply ashamed.
(c) It is genuinely not important to her.
(d) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
3. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) They accidentally burned down their house.
(b) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(c) The kids want to leave their school.
(d) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
4. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(b) The women there are very kind to him.
(c) He sees his father there.
(d) He is embarrassed and runs away.
5. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
(a) She gets her a babysitting job and a bus ticket.
(b) She agrees to stay and help the family if they will let Lori go.
(c) She agrees to send Lori money to help her if she moves there.
(d) She helps her apply to college there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
2. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
3. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
4. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
5. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)