|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
(b) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(c) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
(d) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
2. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(d) Another teacher.
3. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
(a) Their father breaks their piggy bank and steals it.
(b) They decide to give it to their parents.
(c) They lend it to their brother, who does not pay them back.
(d) They spend it on a school trip.
4. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
(a) In order to buy food.
(b) Because she feels she deserves to have something nice.
(c) To get even, when her boss accuses her of being a thief.
(d) To give a gift to her mother.
5. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She sends a letter.
(b) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(c) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(d) She calls a mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
3. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
4. Where do the children go to shower after there is no longer any bathroom in their house?
5. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)