|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Get her children into a better school.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Open an art gallery.
(d) Go back to college.
2. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
(a) Doing odd jobs for their neighbors.
(b) Shoplifting food from stores and selling it.
(c) Scamming banks by making simultaneous withdrawals.
(d) Dealing drugs.
3. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(d) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(a) With great sadness.
5. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
2. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
3. Who is Billy Deel?
4. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
5. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)