|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
(a) To go on a second honeymoon.
(b) To return to Phoenix to pick up their belongings.
(c) They want the kids to spend 'quality time' with Erma.
(d) Because Rex has a new moneymaking scheme in Texas.
2. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
(a) That she is always welcome to change her mind and come back home.
(b) That once she leaves, she is no longer welcome in the home.
(c) That he knows that she will be a huge success.
(d) That she is making a huge mistake and will not be able to get along without her family.
3. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
(b) She steals from her teacher.
(c) In the trash can at school.
(d) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
4. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A cafeteria.
5. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) He wants to meet the girls there.
(b) Jeannette dares him to.
(c) He thinks he will see his father there.
(d) His friends tell him he should.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
2. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
5. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)