|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rex take Jeannette while her mother is gone in Part 3?
(a) To buy a new dress for school.
(b) To a dance at her school.
(c) To a pool hall.
(d) To the opera.
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He has a physical disability.
(b) He threatens the other employees.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He does not have any skills.
3. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
(b) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
(c) The house has been burned down.
(d) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(c) Goes on to a party.
(d) Asks to be taken back home.
5. Why does Jeannette confront her mother and say she is acting like a child?
(a) Because her mother has been staying out late every night.
(b) Because her mother has quit her job again.
(c) Her mother is angry at Lori and ignoring her.
(d) Her mother has been spending money on gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
2. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
5. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)