|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) In Canada.
(c) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(d) She moved frequently.
2. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
(a) The other children mock her for living in a "trash heap" and chase her out of the pool.
(b) A neighborhood girl befriends her.
(c) She finally finds something that she can enjoy doing during the summer.
(d) She nearly drowns after getting into a fight with another girl.
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He says that the FBI is after them.
(b) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(c) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(d) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
4. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
(b) A bar where the parents often go.
(c) The secret place where the children go to play.
(d) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(b) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(c) She has a deep rage for them.
(d) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
2. Who is Billy Deel?
3. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
4. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
5. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)