|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
(b) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(c) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
(d) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
2. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
(a) By leaving her alone at home.
(b) By having her "entertain" a man who he is playing pool with.
(c) By giving her alcohol.
(d) By letting her stay out all night.
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Battle Mountain.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) West Virginia.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) At the author's apartment.
5. What does Brian do when some neighborhood kids break out a window in the house?
(a) He ignores them.
(b) He chases after them and throws rocks at them.
(c) He sits on the porch and cries.
(d) He tells his father, who goes to talk to the other parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
2. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
3. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
4. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
5. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)