|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(b) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(c) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(d) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
2. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) For him to stop drinking.
(b) For a horse.
(c) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(d) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
3. What do the children discover that their mother is doing while they have no food in the house?
(a) She is hoarding candy bars and eating them by herself.
(b) She is using drugs.
(c) She is stealing food to put in their lunches.
(d) She is taking money to gamble, rather than buying food.
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(b) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(c) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(d) It only lasts a few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
2. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
3. What is the high school guidance counselor's advice for Jeannette?
4. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
5. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)