|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
(b) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(c) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(d) It is a mobile home.
2. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(b) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(c) She will not discuss it.
(d) She has turned them down.
3. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Get her children into a better school.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Open an art gallery.
4. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Literature Professor.
(b) Elementary Teacher.
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(d) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
2. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
3. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)