|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(b) Rex's parents.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) Her mother's friends.
2. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
(b) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(c) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(d) Her brother teaches her.
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) One year.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week.
5. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(d) Goes on to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident gets the Walls family escorted out of the zoo by security?
2. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
3. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
4. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)