|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
(a) She tells them that she wants to change but doesn't know how.
(b) She becomes angry but takes the help anyway.
(c) She will not discuss it.
(d) She has turned them down.
2. What does Jeannette try to talk her mother into doing to make hers and the children's lives better?
(a) Moving back to Phoenix.
(b) Leaving her father.
(c) Getting a better job.
(d) Getting her father into rehab for his drinking.
3. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) With friends in a housing project.
(c) In a halfway house.
(d) They are homeless.
4. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(b) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(c) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(d) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
5. How do Jeannette's views of her parents' behavior change as she develops into a teenager?
(a) She starts to make excuses and find ways to justify all of the things that they have done.
(b) She understands more why they have done what they have done, and she agrees with them.
(c) She can no longer make excuses for their actions, as she did as a small child.
(d) She is becoming resentful towards them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
2. Where does the Wall family move at the beginning of Part 3 of the book?
3. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
4. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
5. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)