|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
(a) Jeannette falls out of the car and her parents don't notice for a while.
(b) The baby is left on top of the car.
(c) Brian is left in an apartment alone when the family moves.
(d) Lori runs away and the family doesn't realize that she is gone.
2. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
(a) She wastes some of it on things for herself and is ashamed, but buys food with the rest.
(b) She gives money to her father when he asks, even though she knows she shouldn't.
(c) She hides all of the money and doles it out sparingly.
(d) She spends it all on food to last the entire month before her father can get to it.
3. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She steals from other children's lunches.
(b) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(c) She eats things from the trash.
(d) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
4. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
(b) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(c) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(d) She plays with him when his sister won't.
5. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
(a) That once she leaves, she is no longer welcome in the home.
(b) That he knows that she will be a huge success.
(c) That she is making a huge mistake and will not be able to get along without her family.
(d) That she is always welcome to change her mind and come back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Deel?
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
4. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)