|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A star.
(b) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(c) A pet puppy.
(d) A trip to the zoo.
3. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(b) That she does not want to change.
(c) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
4. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
(b) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(c) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(d) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
5. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is deeply ashamed.
(b) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(c) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(d) It is genuinely not important to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
3. What is the glass castle?
4. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)