|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(b) Lori and Jeannette.
(c) Grandma Smith.
(d) The Walls parents.
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(b) She sends a letter.
(c) She calls a mutual friend.
(d) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(b) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(c) She should tell the truth.
(d) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) One year.
5. What is the glass castle?
(a) A place that the kids go to play.
(b) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(c) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(d) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)