|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(b) He never does anything with them.
(c) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(d) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(c) Prison Guard.
(d) College Professor.
3. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(b) In the deep South.
(c) She moved frequently.
(d) In Canada.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(b) She indulges the children's every whim.
(c) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(d) She treats Rex with great respect.
5. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(b) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(c) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(d) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
3. Jeannette has how many siblings?
4. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
5. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)