|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(b) She is all right with being homeless.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
2. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell the truth.
(b) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(c) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(d) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
3. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(b) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(c) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(d) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
4. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is walking down the street.
(b) She is working in her office.
(c) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(d) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
5. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(b) They think rules are very important.
(c) They want to fit in with everyone.
(d) They refuse to conform to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
2. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
5. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)