|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(b) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
2. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is in line at the pharmacy.
(b) She is in a cab, on the way to a party.
(c) She is walking down the street.
(d) She is working in her office.
3. What is the glass castle?
(a) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
(b) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(c) A place that the kids go to play.
(d) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a halfway house.
(b) With friends in a housing project.
(c) They are homeless.
(d) In a nursing home.
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At the author's apartment.
(d) At a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
4. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)