|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
(b) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(c) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(d) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
2. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Goes on to a party.
(c) Asks to be taken back home.
(d) Calls her friend to talk.
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She has a deep rage for them.
(b) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(c) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(d) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Four sisters.
(b) A brother and two sisters.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) No siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)