|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
2. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
(b) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(c) She is all right with being homeless.
(d) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
3. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(b) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(c) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(d) The weather makes the baby sick.
4. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
5. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
3. Where did Rex grow up?
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
5. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)