|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
(a) She is all right with being homeless.
(b) She is thinking about returning to her parent's home.
(c) She is angry that she cannot find a job.
(d) She has been looking for a new place for a while and is very frustrated.
2. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
3. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(b) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(c) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
(d) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Goes on to a party.
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(d) Calls her friend to talk.
5. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(b) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(c) The weather makes the baby sick.
(d) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
4. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
5. Where did Rex grow up?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)