|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
2. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Welch, West Virginia.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) New York, New York.
3. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell the truth.
(b) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(c) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(d) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
4. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(b) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(c) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(d) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
5. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Strict discipline.
(b) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(c) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(d) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
4. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)