|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One year.
2. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
3. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a halfway house.
(b) With friends in a housing project.
(c) They are homeless.
(d) In a nursing home.
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They want to fit in with everyone.
(b) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They think rules are very important.
5. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) A brother and two sisters.
(b) No siblings.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) Four sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
2. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
3. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
4. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)