|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Six years old.
(b) A few days old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) Ten years old.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(d) College Professor.
3. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She has a deep rage for them.
(b) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(c) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(d) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
4. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a restaurant.
5. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(b) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
2. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
3. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
4. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
5. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)