|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Five brothers.
(b) Four sisters.
(c) No siblings.
(d) A brother and two sisters.
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) The Walls parents.
(c) Lori and Jeannette.
(d) Grandma Smith.
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) West Virginia.
(c) Battle Mountain.
4. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He does not have any skills.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He has a physical disability.
(d) He threatens the other employees.
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(a) Prison Guard.
(d) College Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
4. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
5. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)