|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He beats Jeannette.
(b) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(c) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
(d) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She treats Rex with great respect.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(d) She indulges the children's every whim.
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) In Canada.
(c) She moved frequently.
(d) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
2. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
5. What is Jeannette's profession?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)