|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the glass castle?
(a) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(b) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(c) A place that the kids go to play.
(d) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
2. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(c) New Orleans.
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Asks to be taken back home.
(b) Goes on to a party.
(d) Calls her friend to talk.
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They want to fit in with everyone.
(b) They think rules are very important.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
5. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(b) In the deep South.
(c) In Canada.
(d) She moved frequently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
3. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
4. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
5. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)