|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) The weather makes the baby sick.
(b) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(c) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(d) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
2. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Education of any type.
(c) Food and shelter.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(b) She treats Rex with great respect.
(c) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(d) She indulges the children's every whim.
4. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) In the deep South.
(b) She moved frequently.
(c) In Canada.
(d) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
5. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(c) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(d) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
2. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
3. What is the glass castle?
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)