|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
(a) He makes Jeannette and Brian rebuild the barn.
(b) He is not angry and turns it into a physics lesson.
(c) He beats Jeannette.
(d) He does not realize that Jeannette is responsible.
2. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Move away to another place.
(b) Help her parents to change.
(c) Move on and have her own life.
(d) Accept her parents as they are.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(a) Tired of everything.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(b) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(c) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(d) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
5. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(b) He was a traveling salesman.
(c) He did not have a job.
(d) He was in the Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
2. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
4. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
5. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)