|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(b) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(c) The weather makes the baby sick.
(d) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
(a) She calls a mutual friend.
(b) She calls her father and asks him to relay the message.
(c) She leaves her a note at a hotel.
(d) She sends a letter.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(d) Tired of everything.
4. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The baby becomes very ill.
(b) The truck catches on fire.
(c) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(d) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
5. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(b) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(c) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
(d) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
3. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
4. Where did Rex grow up?
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)