|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
(b) The weather makes the baby sick.
(c) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(d) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
2. Which of the following best describes Jeannette's childhood?
3. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is deeply ashamed.
(b) It is genuinely not important to her.
(c) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(d) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
4. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(b) In a bad neighborhood.
(c) In a large house in the suburbs.
(d) In a homeless shelter.
5. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(c) With great sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
3. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
4. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
5. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)