|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) She moved frequently.
(b) In Canada.
(c) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(d) In the deep South.
2. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(b) Education of any type.
(c) Food and shelter.
3. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(d) He was a traveling salesman.
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(b) Goes on to a party.
(c) Asks to be taken back home.
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At the author's apartment.
(d) At a restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
3. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
5. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)