|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(b) She has a very hard time academically.
(c) She gets held back a grade.
(d) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
2. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) College Professor.
(d) Prison Guard.
3. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a halfway house.
(b) With friends in a housing project.
(c) In a nursing home.
(d) They are homeless.
4. What is Jeannette's profession?
(b) Literature Professor.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
5. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) In a mine.
(c) As a bartender.
(d) As a hospital orderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
2. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
3. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
4. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
5. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)