|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Desert, Pages 9-61 ,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She indulges the children's every whim.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She treats Rex with great respect.
(d) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
2. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(b) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(c) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(d) She has a deep rage for them.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(b) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
(c) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(d) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
4. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) College Professor.
(c) Prison Guard.
5. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(b) He never does anything with them.
(c) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(d) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
2. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. What is Rex's educational background?
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)