Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
(a) She decides to move the family to Texas.
(b) She gets the children into a good private school.
(c) She makes plans to leave Rex.
(d) She gets a job as a teacher.
2. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
(b) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(c) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
(d) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
3. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
(a) Jeannette falls out of the car and her parents don't notice for a while.
(b) Lori runs away and the family doesn't realize that she is gone.
(c) Brian is left in an apartment alone when the family moves.
(d) The baby is left on top of the car.
4. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The house has been burned down.
(b) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
(c) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
(d) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
5. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) They are homeless.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a halfway house.
(d) With friends in a housing project.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
2. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
3. Where did Rex grow up?
4. Why do Rex and Rose Mary leave the children with their grandparents?
5. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)