|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
(a) At a bar.
(b) Passed out on the side of the road.
(c) At the Green Lantern.
(d) At his mother's house.
2. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Strict discipline.
(b) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(c) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(d) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
4. What is Rex's educational background?
(a) He has never had any formal schooling.
(b) He has no education beyond grammar school.
(c) He is educated and has worked as an engineer.
(d) He did not graduate high school, but is very well-read.
5. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she does not want to change.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
2. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
4. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)