|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(a) Tired of everything.
2. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
(a) The kids want to leave their school.
(b) They accidentally burned down their house.
(c) Rose Mary lost her job and doesn't want anyone to know.
(d) They have gotten into a feud with a neighboring family.
3. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
(a) She is playing with matches and catches her dress on fire.
(b) She is lighting a fire and the kerosene explodes on her.
(c) She is cooking for her younger brothers.
(d) One of the children from school starts a fire in her yard.
4. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
(a) Erma believes Jeannette stole her money.
(b) Erma tells Lori that her father is "just a bum."
(c) Lori catches Erma attempting to molest Brian.
(d) Brian becomes upset at Erma because she doesn't pay attention to him.
5. What are Jeannette's feelings towards her parents in light of her upbringing?
(a) She wants nothing to do with her parents.
(b) She is filled with regrets about their relationship.
(c) She feels fondness and is a bit confused by them.
(d) She has a deep rage for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
2. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
3. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
4. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
5. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)