|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Indifferent, lazy.
(b) Self-reliant, strong.
(c) Carefree, giddy.
(d) Angry, bitter.
2. Where is Jeannette finding food during the family's first winter in their new home in Welch?
(a) She trades homework answers for food from her classmates' lunches.
(b) In the trash can at school.
(c) She steals from her teacher.
(d) She is taking food from a neighbor's garden.
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
(a) Three years old.
(b) A few days old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Six years old.
4. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
(a) At a bar.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) At the Green Lantern.
(d) Passed out on the side of the road.
5. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
(a) They decide to make a pet cemetery for their dogs and cats.
(b) They want to have a place to go and hide by themselves to talk.
(c) They want to help Rex build the foundation for the glass castle.
(d) They hide all of their prized possessions in it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. What is Rex's educational background?
4. What is the Green Lantern?
5. What does Jeannette expect her new grandparents to be like?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)