|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(b) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(c) He never does anything with them.
(d) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
2. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
(b) She hides it in the house.
(c) She lets the children handle the money.
(d) She spends it all before he can get at it.
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At the author's apartment.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a homeless shelter.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
(b) He does not work.
5. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) Her friends share their lunches with her.
(b) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(c) She steals from other children's lunches.
(d) She eats things from the trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
2. Jeannette has how many siblings?
3. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
4. For what purpose do Jeannette and Brian start digging a large hole in the backyard?
5. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)