|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
(d) He does not work.
2. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
(a) Help her parents to change.
(b) Move away to another place.
(c) Move on and have her own life.
(d) Accept her parents as they are.
3. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At the author's apartment.
(d) At a homeless shelter.
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(b) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(c) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(d) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
(b) She plays with him when his sister won't.
(c) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(d) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
2. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
4. Who is Dinitia?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)