|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(b) Food that she found out in the yard.
(d) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
2. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a bad neighborhood.
(b) In a large house in the suburbs.
(c) In a homeless shelter.
(d) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
3. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(d) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
4. What ends up happening to the hole the children dig in the backyard in Part 3?
(a) The kids use it as a hide out.
(b) Their father ends up filling it in with empty beer bottles.
(c) It gets flooded and fills with mud during a heavy rain.
(d) It gets filled with the family's trash when it begins to overflow.
5. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(c) Lori and Jeannette.
(d) The Walls parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
2. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
3. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
4. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
5. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)