|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
2. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(b) For a horse.
(c) For him to stop drinking.
(d) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
3. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
(a) She eats things from the trash.
(b) She steals money to buy a snack each day.
(c) She steals from other children's lunches.
(d) Her friends share their lunches with her.
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) He takes them for an Easter present.
(b) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
(c) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
(d) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
(b) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(c) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(d) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette feel when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Jeannette contact Rose Mary to set up a meeting in Part 1?
3. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
4. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
5. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)