|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
(a) It is very small, but clean and modern.
(b) It is an old-fashioned house with lots of room.
(c) It is a very run-down one bedroom with no indoor plumbing.
(d) It is a mobile home.
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She believes in very harsh discipline.
(d) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
3. Why does Rex leave home and disappear for several days following the death of his mother?
(a) He gets upset at his family for not respecting his mother's funeral.
(b) He goes to stay with another woman.
(c) He is embarrassed that he has lost another job.
(d) He gets into a big fight with Rose Mary about money.
4. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(b) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(c) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(d) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Rose Mary reacted to previous offers of help from her children?
2. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
5. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)