|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(b) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
2. Who is Ginnie Sue?
(a) Lori's only friend, who stands up for her with the other kids.
(b) Jeannette's imaginary friend.
(c) A prostitute who lives in the Walls neighborhood, and whose daughter Jeannette is friends with.
(d) A woman who Rex is having an affair with.
3. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Education of any type.
(c) Food and shelter.
4. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(b) They think the house is old and creepy.
(c) They hate the house as it's not very large.
(d) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
5. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) Prison Guard.
(c) College Professor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
2. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
3. Why does Jeannette become upset at the man that gives her and her father a ride home from a bar in Part 3?
4. What ends up happening to the hole the children dig in the backyard in Part 3?
5. How does Rose Mary feel about her current living situation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)