|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Welch children end up in special education classes?
(a) They can't understand the principal and don't answer his questions correctly.
(b) The children tell the principal that they want to be in slower classes.
(c) The teacher talks to them and decides that they aren't smart.
(d) Their mother tells the school that the children can't read.
2. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) He is embarrassed and runs away.
(b) The women there are very kind to him.
(c) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(d) He sees his father there.
3. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(b) She will not let children out of her sight.
(c) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(d) She believes in very harsh discipline.
4. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(b) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(c) She plays with him when his sister won't.
(d) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
5. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(b) He never does anything with them.
(c) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(d) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
2. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
4. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
5. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)