|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) Her mother's friends.
(c) Rex's parents.
(d) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
2. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(b) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(c) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(d) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
3. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(b) In Canada.
(c) She moved frequently.
(d) In the deep South.
4. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
5. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(b) West Virginia.
(c) Battle Mountain.
(d) Las Vegas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
2. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
4. What is the incident in the first section of Part 2 that serves as a metaphor for the neglect that the children suffer?
5. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)