|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(b) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(c) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
(d) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
2. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
(a) Rose Mary has the children gather wood to burn.
(b) There is no way to heat the house.
(c) They steal kerosene and coal from neighbors.
(d) They have space heaters.
3. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(b) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(c) He says that the FBI is after them.
(d) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
4. Jeannette has how many siblings?
(a) Four sisters.
(b) No siblings.
(c) Five brothers.
(d) A brother and two sisters.
5. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
(b) Rex's grandfather.
(c) A good friend of Rex's.
(d) Brian's best friend from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
2. What does Rose Mary tell the kids when they complain about their living conditions?
3. What is the Green Lantern?
4. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
5. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)