|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
(a) She kicks the entire family out of the house.
(b) She says it is the truth but there is nothing wrong with what she did.
(c) She says everyone but Brian can stay with her.
(d) She breaks down and confesses to doing wrong.
2. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two days.
3. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(a) With great sadness.
4. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
(b) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(c) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(d) He never does anything with them.
5. Since the Walls family cannot find a house they can afford to rent, what do they do instead?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Live in an abandoned house.
(c) Move in with friends.
(d) Build a house from found materials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
2. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
3. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
4. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)