|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(b) That she cannot change because of her husband.
(c) That she does not want to change.
(d) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
2. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
(b) The author's childhood.
(c) How she needs help.
(d) Painters and a recent art exhibit.
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(b) Prison Guard.
(c) College Professor.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She treats Rex with great respect.
(b) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(c) She indulges the children's every whim.
(d) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(b) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(c) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
(d) She plays with him when his sister won't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
2. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the children's sleeping arrangement in their new home in Part 3?
5. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)