|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
(a) Her mother will only meet her in public.
(b) Because she doesn't want to be seen with her mother.
(c) Because her mother likes it there.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see where she lives.
2. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(b) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(c) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
(d) She should tell the truth.
3. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They think the house is old and creepy.
(b) They hate the house as it's not very large.
(c) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(d) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
4. Who is Ginnie Sue?
(a) Jeannette's imaginary friend.
(b) Lori's only friend, who stands up for her with the other kids.
(c) A woman who Rex is having an affair with.
(d) A prostitute who lives in the Walls neighborhood, and whose daughter Jeannette is friends with.
5. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(b) A pet puppy.
(c) A trip to the zoo.
(d) A star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
2. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
3. Why do the other children look down on the Walls children?
4. What is the glass castle?
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)