|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
(a) He tells them stories at night and plays outside with them.
(b) He likes to paint and do ceramics with them.
(c) He never does anything with them.
(d) He likes to play board games and cards with them.
2. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They think rules are very important.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
3. What does Jeannette do after she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
(a) Calls her friend to talk.
(b) Asks to be taken back home.
(c) Goes on to a party.
4. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
(a) There is no more work, the company is closing.
(b) His boss does not like him.
(c) Because the government made his company fire him.
(d) Because it's time to quit and "look for gold."
5. Which of the following does Rose Mary tell Jeannette about changing?
(a) That she needs a lot of help if she is going to change.
(b) That she would change if she wasn't so old.
(c) That she does not want to change.
(d) That she cannot change because of her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jeannette's parents live in Part 1 of the book?
2. Who is Billy Deel?
3. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
4. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)