|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) He is embarrassed and runs away.
(b) He sees his father there.
(c) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(d) The women there are very kind to him.
2. Where does Jeannette decide to meet Rose Mary in Part 1?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At the author's apartment.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(b) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(c) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(d) She steals her sister's food.
4. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Carefree, giddy.
(b) Angry, bitter.
(c) Indifferent, lazy.
(d) Self-reliant, strong.
5. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) Passed out on the side of the road.
(c) At a bar.
(d) At the Green Lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event precipitates the argument in which Erma ends up hitting Lori?
2. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
3. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
4. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
5. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)