|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's profession?
(c) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
2. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Welch, West Virginia.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
3. How does Jeannette feel as she looks around her comfortable apartment?
(d) Tired of everything.
4. Why won't Rose Mary talk about her homelessness?
(a) She is afraid of being put into a nursing home.
(b) It is genuinely not important to her.
(c) She doesn't want her daughter to lecture her.
(d) She is deeply ashamed.
5. Where does Jeannette live in Part 1 of the book?
(a) In a homeless shelter.
(b) In an apartment on Park Avenue.
(c) In a large house in the suburbs.
(d) In a bad neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jeannette is sent out to get her father in Welch, where does she finally find him?
2. What else does Rose Mary tell Jeannette in their meeting that she should do?
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
4. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
5. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)