|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette grow up?
(a) Overseas, where her father was in the Air Force.
(b) In the deep South.
(c) She moved frequently.
(d) In Canada.
2. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) She steals her sister's food.
(b) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(c) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(d) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
(c) College Professor.
(d) Prison Guard.
4. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A bar where the parents often go.
(b) The secret place where the children go to play.
(c) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
(d) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
5. How did the Walls family heat their home during the winter?
(a) They steal kerosene and coal from neighbors.
(b) There is no way to heat the house.
(c) Rose Mary has the children gather wood to burn.
(d) They have space heaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
2. How does Jeannette's grandparents feel about her relationship with Dinitia?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
5. What ends up happening to the hole the children dig in the backyard in Part 3?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)