|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Erma differ from Grandma Smith?
(a) Erma is very urban and streetwise, while Grandma Smith was very "country".
(b) Erma is very kind and shy, while Grandma Smith was standoffish.
(c) Erma is callous and rough, while Grandma Smith was very nurturing.
(d) Erma is close her family, and Grandma Smith was distant.
2. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) He takes them for an Easter present.
(b) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
(c) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
(d) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
3. What is Jeannette's profession?
(a) Literature Professor.
(c) Elementary Teacher.
4. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They are all put into special education classes.
(b) They are put into advanced classes.
(c) They decide not to return after the first week.
(d) They are very popular right away.
5. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
(b) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(d) Food that she found out in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
2. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
4. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
5. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)