|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
(a) He has a physical disability.
(b) He threatens the other employees.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He does not have any skills.
2. Which of these attributes does Jeannette NOT portray in her style of storytelling?
3. How does Lori get burned at the house in Welch?
(a) One of the children from school starts a fire in her yard.
(b) She is cooking for her younger brothers.
(c) She is lighting a fire and the kerosene explodes on her.
(d) She is playing with matches and catches her dress on fire.
4. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was a traveling salesman.
(b) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(c) He was in the Air Force.
(d) He did not have a job.
5. How does Jeannette help Dinitia's brother?
(a) She shares some of her lunch when he is hungry.
(b) She gives him her money to get a drink.
(c) She chases away a dog that is bothering him.
(d) She plays with him when his sister won't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Erma tell the children to go stay after the argument with Lori?
2. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
3. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
4. What does Rose Mary want to discuss with her daughter in Part 1?
5. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)