|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rose Mary, how should Jeannette explain her mother's situation to others?
(a) She should tell them it is none of their business.
(b) She should make up whatever makes her feel best.
(c) She should tell the truth.
(d) She should pretend that her mother is dead.
2. Which of the following descriptions might best describe Jeannette?
(a) Angry, bitter.
(b) Indifferent, lazy.
(c) Carefree, giddy.
(d) Self-reliant, strong.
3. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) Several hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Her mother's jewelry collection.
(c) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
(d) A mansion.
4. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One month.
5. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(b) She steals her sister's food.
(c) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(d) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Erma's reaction when the children tell their parents about the incident between her and Brian?
2. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
3. What is the Walls new house in Part 3 like?
4. Where is Jeannette going when she first sees Rose Mary at the beginning of the book?
5. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)