|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 129-183,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rose Mary and Rex react to the children's story about the incident between Erma and Brian?
(a) They side with Erma, saying the children should have behaved better.
(b) They pretend that they do not hear what the children are saying.
(c) They beat the children for lying.
(d) They are enraged at Erma.
2. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
(a) He tells them they should be out doing things, and not in school.
(b) He takes them for an Easter present.
(c) Because he believes that they should learn more about science.
(d) He says that he is getting claustrophobic being in the city.
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
(a) Battle Mountain.
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) West Virginia.
4. How do the Walls children get along socially at their new school in Part 3?
(a) The other kids ignore them.
(b) The other kids all want to be friends with them because they're new.
(c) The other children are jealous of them.
(d) The other children make fun of them and they get into fights.
5. What is Rose Mary doing when Jeannette first sees her at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her mother is grocery shopping.
(b) Her mother is injured, on the side of the road.
(c) Her mother is arguing with a police officer.
(d) Her mother is digging through a dumpster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette meet Rose Mary at this location in Part 1?
2. Where did Jeannette grow up?
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
5. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)