|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
(b) Her mother's jewelry collection.
(c) Several hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A mansion.
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(b) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(c) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(d) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
3. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
4. What is Brian doing as he enters adolescence?
(a) He has left home and the family has not heard from him.
(b) He stays in his room alone all of the time but does well in school.
(c) Doing better in school and planning for graduation.
(d) He is getting into trouble and frequently involved in fights.
5. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
(a) He sees his father there.
(b) A woman throws things at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He is embarrassed and runs away.
(d) The women there are very kind to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
2. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
3. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
4. What does Jeannette try to talk her mother into doing to make hers and the children's lives better?
5. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)