|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
(a) They feel as if they are living in a mansion.
(b) They think the house is old and creepy.
(c) They wish that they still lived in Battle Mountain.
(d) They hate the house as it's not very large.
2. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(b) Grandma Smith.
(c) Rex's parents.
(d) Her mother's friends.
3. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(b) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(c) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(d) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
4. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(c) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(d) She believes in very harsh discipline.
5. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) The secret place where the children go to play.
(b) A bar where the parents often go.
(c) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
(d) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
2. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
3. Who is Billy Deel?
4. Where do the children go to shower after there is no longer any bathroom in their house?
5. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)