|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(b) New Orleans.
2. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
(a) Get her children into a better school.
(b) Open an art gallery.
(c) Go back to college.
(d) Learn to cook.
3. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
4. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) In a mine.
(b) As a hospital orderly.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) As a bartender.
5. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
(b) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(c) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(d) It only lasts a few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
2. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
3. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
4. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
5. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)