|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rose Mary inherit when her mother dies?
(a) A mansion.
(b) Her mother's jewelry collection.
(c) Several hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A house in Arizona and land in Texas.
2. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
(a) She sells it.
(b) She gives it to her father.
(c) She tells her sister to do what she wants to with it.
(d) She returns it after just one day.
3. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
(a) By having her "entertain" a man who he is playing pool with.
(b) By giving her alcohol.
(c) By leaving her alone at home.
(d) By letting her stay out all night.
4. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
(a) Working for the school newspaper and a small local paper.
(b) Getting a full time job in a nursing home.
(c) Finally finding a group of friends.
(d) Becoming closer friends with Dinitia.
5. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(b) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(c) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(d) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
2. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
3. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
4. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
5. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)