|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
(a) She lets the children handle the money.
(b) She spends it all before he can get at it.
(c) She hides it in the house.
(d) She takes it to a bank and does not tell him.
2. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
(a) She loses it before she can sell it.
(b) She sells it to a neighbor for less than it is worth.
(c) She keeps it because it "raises her spirits".
(d) She gives it as a gift to a friend.
3. Who does Jeannette think that they are going to see and maybe even stay with in Arizona?
(a) Grandma Smith.
(b) Neighbors from when Jeannette was small.
(c) Her mother's friends.
(d) Rex's parents.
4. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
(a) Her sister runs away.
(b) She catches her father with another woman.
(c) She gets into a fight with another girl at school.
(d) Her father punishes her after she tells her mother to stop acting like a child.
5. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
(b) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
(c) A bar where the parents often go.
(d) The secret place where the children go to play.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
2. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
3. How do Jeannette's views of her parents' behavior change as she develops into a teenager?
4. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
5. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)