|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Welch, West Virginia.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) New York, New York.
2. What is the glass castle?
(a) A home that Rex dreams of building for his family.
(b) A place that the kids go to play.
(c) The place that Jeannette escapes to in her dreams.
(d) The house that Rose Mary grew up.
3. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
(a) His boss does not like him.
(b) Because the government made his company fire him.
(c) There is no more work, the company is closing.
(d) Because it's time to quit and "look for gold."
4. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
(a) She will not let children out of her sight.
(b) She believes that children need freedom and no structure.
(c) She thinks that children should not be allowed to make decisions.
(d) She believes in very harsh discipline.
5. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is asleep in the living room.
(b) She is in the other room, painting.
(c) She is helping Jeannette.
(d) She is not in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
2. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
3. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
4. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
5. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)