|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeannette want to do for a career by the time she is in 7th grade?
(a) Be a social worker.
(b) Be a writer.
(c) Be a scientist.
(d) Be a teacher.
2. Why does Rex say that the family must leave Las Vegas?
(a) He wants to take them to stay with his mother-in-law.
(b) The family is getting kicked out of their home.
(c) He says that a blackjack dealer has figured out his "system" and they could get in trouble.
(d) He says that the FBI is after them.
3. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) In a mine.
(c) As a hospital orderly.
(d) As a bartender.
4. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(b) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
(c) Her brother teaches her.
(d) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
5. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
(a) For her father to take her and her siblings to California.
(b) To be able to go to school in the same place for one whole year.
(c) For him to stop drinking.
(d) For a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette end up stealing from her place of employment?
2. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
3. When Rex is able to get to the family's money, what does he spend it on?
4. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
5. What does Jeannette do when she decides she needs braces for her teeth?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)