|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
(b) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
(c) She becomes a cheerleader.
(d) She finds a boyfriend.
2. What is the Green Lantern?
(a) A brothel that the children frequently walk by.
(b) A spot in the woods where Jeannette and Brian play.
(c) A bar where the parents often go.
(d) The secret place where the children go to play.
3. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
(a) She wastes it all on things for the house.
(b) The kids are able to make it last until their mother returns.
(c) It only lasts a few weeks.
(d) Her brother and sisters take it before she can buy groceries.
4. What happens when Jeannette goes swimming in a public pool?
(a) She nearly drowns after getting into a fight with another girl.
(b) She finally finds something that she can enjoy doing during the summer.
(c) The other children mock her for living in a "trash heap" and chase her out of the pool.
(d) A neighborhood girl befriends her.
5. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
(a) Finally finding a group of friends.
(b) Working for the school newspaper and a small local paper.
(c) Becoming closer friends with Dinitia.
(d) Getting a full time job in a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. What is the glass castle?
4. What is Brian doing as he enters adolescence?
5. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)