|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(b) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
(c) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(d) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
2. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was a traveling salesman.
(b) He did not have a job.
(c) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(d) He was in the Air Force.
3. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(b) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
(c) She gets held back a grade.
(d) She has a very hard time academically.
4. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
(a) They decide to give it to their parents.
(b) Their father breaks their piggy bank and steals it.
(c) They spend it on a school trip.
(d) They lend it to their brother, who does not pay them back.
5. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
(a) She helps her apply to college there.
(b) She agrees to stay and help the family if they will let Lori go.
(c) She gets her a babysitting job and a bus ticket.
(d) She agrees to send Lori money to help her if she moves there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
2. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
3. What happens to the money that Jeannette is supposed to use to feed the family in Part 3?
4. Why does Rex take the children to the zoo?
5. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)