|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A pet puppy.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(d) A star.
2. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
3. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(b) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
(c) Food that she found out in the yard.
(d) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
4. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
(b) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
(c) Rose Mary wants to move again.
(d) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
5. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
(a) Jeannette takes things from home and trades the items for food.
(b) She brings in apples from a neighbor's tree.
(c) A kind teacher makes sure that she has lunch every day.
(d) She steals her sister's food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
2. What does Jeannette do when she decides she needs braces for her teeth?
3. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
4. How does the Walls' financial situation improve for a time in Pheonix?
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)