|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) As a hospital orderly.
(b) As a bartender.
(c) He does not have a job.
(d) In a mine.
2. What was Rex doing when he met Rose Mary?
(a) He was in the Air Force.
(b) He was a traveling salesman.
(c) He was working as an electrical engineer.
(d) He did not have a job.
3. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(a) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(b) Food that she found out in the yard.
(c) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying in the hospital?
(a) Because she is angry at her family, and doesn't want to go home.
(b) Because it is quiet and not chaotic.
(c) Because she gets lots of presents from her family.
(d) Because there are lots of children to be friends with.
5. What happens when the Walls children begin school in Phoenix?
(a) They decide not to return after the first week.
(b) They are very popular right away.
(c) They are put into advanced classes.
(d) They are all put into special education classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
2. Who is Billy Deel?
3. What job did Rose Mary once hold?
4. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
5. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)