|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Billy Deel?
(a) Brian's best friend from school.
(b) Rex's grandfather.
(c) A good friend of Rex's.
(d) A neighborhood boy three years older than Jeannette.
2. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) Jeannette dares him to.
(b) He wants to meet the girls there.
(c) He thinks he will see his father there.
(d) His friends tell him he should.
3. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A star.
(d) A pet puppy.
4. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A jewelry store.
(c) A nursing home.
(d) A cafeteria.
5. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
(a) That she is making a huge mistake and will not be able to get along without her family.
(b) That once she leaves, she is no longer welcome in the home.
(c) That she is always welcome to change her mind and come back home.
(d) That he knows that she will be a huge success.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jeannette able to keep from going hungry at school after her father loses his job again?
2. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
3. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
4. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
5. How does Jeannette get food to eat at school when she's hungry?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)