|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is helping Jeannette.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is asleep in the living room.
2. What happens when the children are traveling in the back of the U-haul to Battle Mountain?
(a) The truck breaks down and the children have to hike many hours.
(b) The door of the U-haul comes open and the parents don't notice.
(c) The baby becomes very ill.
(d) The truck catches on fire.
3. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
(a) Jeannette dares him to.
(b) He wants to meet the girls there.
(c) He thinks he will see his father there.
(d) His friends tell him he should.
4. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(b) She has a very hard time academically.
(c) She gets held back a grade.
(d) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
5. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
(a) Her father throws her into the water repeatedly until she swims.
(b) Her brother teaches her.
(c) She falls into the water and has to swim to shore on her own.
(d) She is able to take lessons at the local country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
2. What is Rose Mary's philosophy on child-rearing?
3. In Part 2, how old is Jeannette when she gets injured?
4. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
5. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)