|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(c) Another teacher.
2. Why does Rex tell his family that he has lost his job?
(a) There is no more work, the company is closing.
(b) Because the government made his company fire him.
(c) Because it's time to quit and "look for gold."
(d) His boss does not like him.
3. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She indulges the children's every whim.
(b) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(c) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(d) She treats Rex with great respect.
4. Why does Jeannette confront her mother and say she is acting like a child?
(a) Because her mother has quit her job again.
(b) Her mother has been spending money on gambling.
(c) Because her mother has been staying out late every night.
(d) Her mother is angry at Lori and ignoring her.
5. What do the Walls parents teach the children?
(a) They teach them to read and write, to do math, and practical skills.
(b) They do not teach them any kind of academics.
(c) They do not teach them, but want them to do very well in school.
(d) They teach them art, but not how to do math or read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Deel?
2. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
3. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
4. What does Jeannette want to do for a career by the time she is in 7th grade?
5. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)