|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
(b) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
(c) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
(d) The house has been burned down.
2. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
(a) Because she is mad at her grandfather, who also lives there.
(b) Because her uncle tried to molest her.
(c) Because she wants to help her mother instead.
(d) Because she is afraid to leave her siblings at home.
3. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
(b) Apples from the neighbor's tree.
(c) Food that she found out in the yard.
(d) A stick of margarine with some sugar.
4. Why does Jeannette enjoy staying with Grandma Smith?
(a) She provides a sense of stability and makes hot meals.
(b) She is very funny and easy-going and loves to play.
(c) She treats Rex with great respect.
(d) She indulges the children's every whim.
5. Who helps Rose Mary write and organize her lesson plans?
(c) Another teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
2. How does Jeannette learn to swim?
3. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
4. What is the Green Lantern?
5. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)