|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
(b) The house has been burned down.
(c) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
(d) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
2. What happens to greatly improve Lori's situation at school and home?
(a) A teacher takes a great interest in her.
(b) She gets glasses and can finally see well.
(c) She becomes a cheerleader.
(d) She finds a boyfriend.
3. Why does Jeannette begin to refuse to go to her uncle's house?
(a) Because her uncle tried to molest her.
(b) Because she is afraid to leave her siblings at home.
(c) Because she is mad at her grandfather, who also lives there.
(d) Because she wants to help her mother instead.
4. How long does Jeannette stay in the hospital?
(a) One week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One year.
5. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Welch, West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy Deel?
2. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
3. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
4. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
5. Why does Brian go to investigate the Green Lantern?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)