|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) He does not have a job.
(b) As a bartender.
(c) In a mine.
(d) As a hospital orderly.
2. What is Jeannette's mother doing when Jeannette hurt herself in Part 2?
(a) She is not in the house.
(b) She is asleep in the living room.
(c) She is in the other room, painting.
(d) She is helping Jeannette.
3. Where did Rex grow up?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Welch, West Virginia.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Biloxi, Mississippi.
4. What happens when Jeannette is released from the hospital?
(a) Jeannette's mother cannot pay the bill, so the hospital lets her go.
(b) Her father takes her out against medical advice.
(c) The doctors realize that they cannot keep her from her family.
(d) She is able to get up and walk outside so the doctor tells her she can go.
5. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
(a) Their father breaks their piggy bank and steals it.
(b) They lend it to their brother, who does not pay them back.
(c) They decide to give it to their parents.
(d) They spend it on a school trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rex lose so many jobs?
2. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
3. In Part 2, what does Jeannette ask her father for as a Christmas gift?
4. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
5. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)