|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rex work when the family lives in Battle Mountain?
(a) In a mine.
(b) As a bartender.
(c) As a hospital orderly.
(d) He does not have a job.
2. How does Jeannette explain her accident to the doctors and nurses at the hospital?
(a) She says that her sister distracted her and that is why she got hurt.
(b) She says that she is not allowed to cook, but did it anyway.
(c) She says that she is allowed to cook alone, because she is very mature.
(d) She tells them that her mother injured her on purpose.
3. In Part 3, Jeannette and Lori make big plans to do what?
(a) Get jobs to help support the family.
(b) Steal their parent's money.
(c) Go to New York City.
(d) Visit their Grandma Smith.
4. What does Jeannette's mother reluctantly do to help keep the family together in Part 3?
(a) She gets the children into a good private school.
(b) She decides to move the family to Texas.
(c) She makes plans to leave Rex.
(d) She gets a job as a teacher.
5. Who is the youngest child in the Walls family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work does Rex do while they are in Arizona?
2. Who takes care of baby Maureen while the family is moving?
3. How does Jeannette handle the family's finances while her mother is out of town?
4. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
5. What does Jeannette do with the stolen item from her job?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)