|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Walls' house in Arizona like?
(a) It is a mansion, but has not been well cared for.
(b) It is an old Spanish-style villa with a pool.
(c) It is run-down and located in a bad neighborhood.
(d) It is a small home that they share with her mother's friends.
2. What does Rex tell Jeannette when he takes her to the bus station in Part 3?
(a) That once she leaves, she is no longer welcome in the home.
(b) That he knows that she will be a huge success.
(c) That she is making a huge mistake and will not be able to get along without her family.
(d) That she is always welcome to change her mind and come back home.
3. Who is the oldest child in the Walls family?
4. What incident helps cement Jeannette's conviction to leave Welch and her family?
(a) She gets into a fight with another girl at school.
(b) Her father punishes her after she tells her mother to stop acting like a child.
(c) Her sister runs away.
(d) She catches her father with another woman.
5. How long has Rex worked at the job in Battle Mountain before leaving it?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the family leave for Arizona in the middle of the night?
2. The family often lacks basic necessities, which is underscored by an incident in which Jeannette finds her sister, Lori, eating what?
3. After Lily Ruth Maureen is born, where does the family move?
4. Why does Rose Mary dislike her teaching job?
5. What does Jeannette decide to do instead of following the guidance counselor's advice?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)