|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jeannette when she first starts school in Blythe?
(a) She has a very hard time academically.
(b) She gets held back a grade.
(c) She is picked on because of her intelligence.
(d) She hates school and hides out to avoid it.
2. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
(a) A trip to the zoo.
(b) An hour to talk with him about anything they want.
(c) A star.
(d) A pet puppy.
3. What does Brian's mother do with what Jeanette and Brian find while foraging in the woods?
(a) She keeps it because it "raises her spirits".
(b) She sells it to a neighbor for less than it is worth.
(c) She loses it before she can sell it.
(d) She gives it as a gift to a friend.
4. How does Jeannette end up hurting herself in Part 2?
(a) She burns herself at a bonfire.
(b) She is climbing a tree and falls on a fence.
(c) She is playing on the roof and falls off.
(d) She is boiling hot dogs and gets burned.
5. What is the high school guidance counselor's advice for Jeannette?
(a) To get married and not worry about school.
(b) To find a vocational school to go to, and live at home.
(c) To keep her aspirations low, considering her background.
(d) To graduate high school and find a college to go to in West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jeannette get a job in Part 3?
2. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
3. What types of activities does Rex do with his children?
4. What do the children think of their new home in Arizona?
5. What is Rex's educational background?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)