|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 7th grade, Jeannette finds a sense of belonging by:
(a) Getting a full time job in a nursing home.
(b) Becoming closer friends with Dinitia.
(c) Working for the school newspaper and a small local paper.
(d) Finally finding a group of friends.
2. What is the condition of the Wells' house like when spring comes in Part 3?
(a) The family has added onto the house, so there is more room for the children.
(b) The house has been burned down.
(c) The kids paint the outside and fix up the yard, but the inside is still in bad shape.
(d) The house is deteriorating with mold everywhere and no front door.
3. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
(b) In her bedroom, alone.
(c) At friends' houses.
(d) With her teachers.
4. What causes the argument that ends in Rose Mary being dangled out of the window by her feet by Rex?
(a) Rex's being absent from the house while he is "out making money."
(b) Rex is angry at the children and tells Rose Mary.
(c) Rose Mary wants to move again.
(d) Rose Mary caught Rex cheating on her.
5. Why does the family often pick up and leave in the middle of the night?
(a) The weather makes the baby sick.
(b) Rose Mary wants the children to travel all of the time.
(c) Rex is convinced that government agents or police are after the family.
(d) Rex is a convict and the family must not be discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeannette do when she decides she needs braces for her teeth?
2. Rose Mary hopes to do what while they are living in Phoenix?
3. How does Rose Mary try to keep Rex from spending the family's money?
4. What happens to the money that Lori and Jeannette have been saving?
5. What happens when Brian goes to the Green Lantern?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)