|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Welch, Pages 183-241,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rex put Jeannette in a potentially dangerous situation in Part 3?
(a) By leaving her alone at home.
(b) By giving her alcohol.
(c) By letting her stay out all night.
(d) By having her "entertain" a man who he is playing pool with.
2. What do Jeannette and Brian find when they are foraging in the woods?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) An expensive diamond ring.
(c) A set of golf clubs.
(d) A camera.
3. How does Jeannette help Lori get to New York City?
(a) She gets her a babysitting job and a bus ticket.
(b) She helps her apply to college there.
(c) She agrees to stay and help the family if they will let Lori go.
(d) She agrees to send Lori money to help her if she moves there.
4. Where does Maureen spend most of her time during her adolescence?
(a) Staying at her Grandpa's house.
(b) In her bedroom, alone.
(c) At friends' houses.
(d) With her teachers.
5. Where did Jeannette's mother grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rex has no money to buy Christmas presents for the children, what does he give them?
2. How does Rex react when Jeannette accidentally burns the shed down?
3. What is the Hot Pot?
4. Rex and Rose Mary make some money for the family by:
5. What is Rex's educational background?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)