Part One, A Woman on the Street,
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. What is Jeannette's profession?
(c) Elementary Teacher.
(d) Literature Professor.
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They think rules are very important.
(b) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
(c) They refuse to conform to them.
(d) They want to fit in with everyone.
5. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
(b) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(c) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(d) Strict discipline.
6. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(a) Food and shelter.
(d) Education of any type.
7. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(d) With great sadness.
This section contains 6,980 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)