Part One, A Woman on the Street,
1. What genre of book is "The Glass Castle"?
2. What is Jeannette's profession?
(b) Literature Professor.
(d) Elementary Teacher.
3. What type of childhood does Jeannette say she had?
4. What are Jeannette's parents' feelings regarding society's rules?
(a) They refuse to conform to them.
(b) They want to fit in with everyone.
(c) They think rules are very important.
(d) They are very responsible, but don't like it.
5. Jeannette's parents believe that children need:
(a) To be coddled, as they are unable to be responsible.
(b) Strict discipline.
(c) Physical punishment and to learn respect for elders.
(d) Freedom and the chance to learn to fend for themselves.
6. What basic needs do Jeannette's family not always provide?
(c) Education of any type.
(d) Food and shelter.
7. What is Jeannette's manner of telling her story in Part 1?
(b) With great sadness.
This section contains 6,980 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)