|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the meditation coach?
2. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
3. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
4. Which two people have given Knecht knowledge about the outside world?
5. What does the author say Teularius represents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
2. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
3. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
4. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
5. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
6. What is the poem Lament about?
7. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
8. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
9. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
10. What happens to the Deputy after the Magister dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Knecht's life:
1) The Music Master
3) Father Jacobus
Essay Topic 3
The Glass Bead Game has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)