|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
2. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
3. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
4. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
5. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the differences between the novel and biography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of a biography? What can novelists express that a biographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Knecht and Designori.
1) How are their ideas about life different and how did they form their individual ideas?
2) How do help each other despite their differences?
Essay Topic 3
The Glass Bead Game has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)