|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
2. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
3. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
4. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
5. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the differences between the novel and biography formats. What are the main elements of a novel? What are the main elements of a biography? What can novelists express that a biographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Knecht and Designori.
1) How are their ideas about life different and how did they form their individual ideas?
2) How do help each other despite their differences?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)