|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori say Castalia did when he sought its comfort?
2. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
3. Who does Dasa marry?
4. Who does Knecht talk to about the Music Master's condition?
5. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht give as his main reason for leaving the Order?
2. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
3. What does Knecht notice about Designori at the meeting of the directorate?
4. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
5. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
6. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
7. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
8. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
9. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
10. How does Knecht die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the novel and helps to express character and theme:
Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What major events had a profound effect on Knecht's life and how did they change him? What does Knecht still have to learn by the end of the book?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)