|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first Games put on by Knecht called?
2. What does Knecht not like being involved in?
3. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
4. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
5. What does Knecht enjoy about his position as Magister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What condition does Knecht find his old Music Master in when he visits him in Montepart?
2. What does Knecht want as the next theme for the Games?
3. How does Knecht die?
4. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
5. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
6. What does Knecht give as his main reason for leaving the Order?
7. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
8. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
9. Why is Designori bitter with Castalia?
10. What is the poem Lament about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the novel's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Knecht and Designori.
1) How are their ideas about life different and how did they form their individual ideas?
2) How do help each other despite their differences?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Knecht's life:
1) The Music Master
3) Father Jacobus
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)