|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
2. What does Designori teach Knecht?
3. What subject does Petrus study?
4. What is the name of the President of the Order?
5. What does Designori say shielded him from the outside world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht notice about Designori at the meeting of the directorate?
2. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
3. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
4. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
5. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
6. What condition does Knecht find his old Music Master in when he visits him in Montepart?
7. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
8. How does Knecht die?
9. How does Knecht try and concentrate on the Games despite the Magister's illness?
10. Why does Knecht want to renew his friendship with Designori?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do you think Knecht would have coped with the real world had he survived? What meaning does Knecht's death give the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Knecht's life:
1) The Music Master
3) Father Jacobus
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)