Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Tegularius' superiors mostly assign him?
2. What does the last part of the book contain?
3. How did the Music Master die?
4. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
5. What does Knecht want to renew with Designori?
Essay Topic 1
Write a 500-word essay revolving around one of the following statements:
1) An intellectual movement can only evolve through war and general unrest.
2) The board and its members are too institutionalized to accept any of Knecht's views.
3) Knecht will experience none of the outside world by living in the mountains.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Knecht's life:
1) The Music Master
3) Father Jacobus
Essay Topic 3
How do you think Knecht would have coped with the real world had he survived? What meaning does Knecht's death give the novel?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)