|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
2. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
3. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
4. What political party was Designori's father a member of?
5. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
2. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
3. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
4. What does Knecht notice about Designori at the meeting of the directorate?
5. What problems did Designori have with his father?
6. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
7. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
8. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
9. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
10. How does Designori help Knecht move into the real world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does Fleming use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following people and outline his influence on Knecht's life:
1) The Music Master
3) Father Jacobus
Essay Topic 3
The Glass Bead Game has greatly influenced modern literature. Choose a book that you think was influenced by the novel and discuss its similarities swath the novel in terms of the following:
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)