|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
(a) The sun
(b) The moon
(c) The clouds
(d) The stars
2. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
(a) Glass Bead Game coach
(b) Fitness coach
(c) Life coach
(d) Meditation coach
3. What is the poem Alphabets about?
4. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) A family life
(b) A life of sleep
(c) The life of Game playing
(d) The life of a free scholar
5. What does Designori say shielded him from the outside world?
(a) The Order
(b) His family
(c) The Glass Bead Game
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first Games put on by Knecht called?
2. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
3. What does Knecht want to renew with Designori?
4. What does Designori teach Knecht?
5. Who does Tegularius consult with at the Far Eastern College?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht give as his main reason for leaving the Order?
2. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
3. What is the Rainmaker about?
4. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
5. How does Designori help Knecht move into the real world?
6. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
7. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
8. How does Knecht criticize the Order?
9. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
10. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)