|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
2. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His family life
(b) His illness
(c) His theories
(d) His problems
3. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
(a) After work
(b) During the Games
(c) During vacations
(d) During war time
4. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia does not want to ever be
(b) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(c) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
(d) What Castalia is and always should be
5. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the doctor
(b) Go to the city
(c) Go back to Waldzell
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
2. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
3. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
4. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
5. Where does Knecht want to teach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
2. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
3. How does Knecht try and concentrate on the Games despite the Magister's illness?
4. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
5. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
6. How does Knecht die?
7. Why does Knecht want to renew his friendship with Designori?
8. How does Knecht criticize the Order?
9. What problems did Designori have with his father?
10. What is the poem Lament about?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)