|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(a) In fighting
2. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A caravan
(b) A summer house
(c) A hotel
(d) A family cottage
3. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go back to Waldzell
(b) Go to the city
(c) Go to the doctor
4. Were does Designori say Knecht and Tito can live?
5. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) Elite students
(b) The general publilc
(d) The Glass Bead Game
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note tell Knecht to do?
2. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
3. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
4. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
5. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
2. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
3. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
4. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
5. What condition does Knecht find his old Music Master in when he visits him in Montepart?
6. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
7. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
8. What are Knecht's views on books?
9. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
10. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)