|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Designori teach Knecht?
(c) The real world
(d) The Glass Bead Game
2. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Round letter
(b) Open letter
(c) Half letter
(d) Circular letter
3. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
(a) The clouds
(b) The sun
(c) The stars
(d) The moon
4. What is the name of the President of the Order?
5. What does the last part of the book contain?
(a) Poems and essays
(b) Haikus and pie chars
(c) Equasions and notes
(d) Letters and diagrams
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
2. What does Knecht tell Designori he needs?
3. How does Knecht think Designori has changed?
4. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
5. Which two people have given Knecht knowledge about the outside world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
2. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
3. How does Knecht try and concentrate on the Games despite the Magister's illness?
4. How does Knecht criticize the Order?
5. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
6. What does Knecht give as his main reason for leaving the Order?
7. What are Knecht's views on books?
8. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
9. What does Knecht want as the next theme for the Games?
10. What is the poem Compromise about?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)