|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht enjoy about his position as Magister?
2. What is the poem Alphabets about?
3. How does Knecht think Designori has changed?
(a) He is happy and lively
(b) He is funny and careless
(c) He is sad and unlively
(d) He is loving and careless
4. Where does Knecht want to teach?
(b) The outside world
5. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
(a) Meditation coach
(b) Life coach
(c) Glass Bead Game coach
(d) Fitness coach
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Knecht talk to about the Music Master's condition?
2. What does Designori say he has a love-hate relationship with?
3. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
4. Where does Knecht remain for the rest of his life at the end of the Indian Life?
5. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
2. How does Knecht criticize the Order?
3. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
4. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
5. What is the Rainmaker about?
6. How does Knecht try and concentrate on the Games despite the Magister's illness?
7. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
8. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
9. Why is Designori bitter with Castalia?
10. What does Knecht notice about Designori at the meeting of the directorate?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)