|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
(a) The outside world
2. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates boredom
(b) It creates laziness
(c) It creates tension
(d) It creates immoral behavior
3. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
4. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
(a) A trial separation
(b) A position in government
(c) A pension
5. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(a) Each other
(d) The real world
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
2. Who dies in this chapter?
3. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
4. How did the Music Master die?
5. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the poem Lament about?
2. What do the board say in reply to Knecht's views?
3. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
4. How does Knecht criticize the Order?
5. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
6. What problems did Designori have with his father?
7. How does Knecht die?
8. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
9. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
10. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)