|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
(a) After work
(b) During vacations
(c) During war time
(d) During the Games
2. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
(a) Laugh uncontrollably
(b) Stare into space
(d) Cry uncontrollablly
3. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
4. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates tension
(b) It creates boredom
(c) It creates laziness
(d) It creates immoral behavior
5. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His mental capacity
(b) His student status
(c) His family life
(d) His love of women
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poem Alphabets about?
2. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
3. What is the name of the meditation coach?
4. What cause did Designori begin to have doubts about?
5. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
2. How does Knecht think war will affect Castalia?
3. What do the board say in reply to Knecht's views?
4. Why does Knecht want to renew his friendship with Designori?
5. What does Knecht want as the next theme for the Games?
6. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
7. What are Knecht's views on books?
8. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
9. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
10. What is the poem Compromise about?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)