|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
(a) People who play the Game
(b) People who hate the Game
(c) People who don't know the Game
(d) People interested in the Game
2. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
3. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
4. Who is Knecht delighted could make it to his ceremony?
(a) His parents
(b) His former Music Master
(d) Father Jacobus
5. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
2. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
3. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
4. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
5. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean to be a lifelong member of the Order?
2. What does the author say most biographies are?
3. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
4. What does Knecht tell the Music Master in his letter?
5. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
6. What advice does the Music Master give Knecht when he leaves for Waldzell?
7. What is the Golden Book?
8. How does the author define the modern biographies?
9. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
10. What is the Glass Bead Game?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)