|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A memory improvement exercise
(b) A multiple choice exercise
(c) A writing exercise
(d) A IQ exercise
2. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
3. Where is the Holy See?
4. Who does Designori now work for?
(a) The government
(b) The Magister
(c) His father
5. Who is Knecht delighted could make it to his ceremony?
(b) Father Jacobus
(c) His former Music Master
(d) His parents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori often criticize?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
4. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
5. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
2. What is special about Waldzell School?
3. Why does the headmaster call Knecht to his office?
4. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
5. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
6. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
7. Why does Knecht have mixed feelings about leaving Tegularius?
8. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
9. How does the author define the modern biographies?
10. What is the Glass Bead Game?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)