|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
(a) His aunt
(b) The Music Master
(d) His music teacher
2. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(b) The Castalia
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) His family
3. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) Unintelligent people
(c) Outside influence
(d) The government
4. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
(a) Herman Hesse
(b) Thomas Mann
(d) Plinium Ziegenhalss
5. What does the author say music comes from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author say Knecht was destined for?
2. What type of theme must a game be started with?
3. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
4. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
5. Who does Designori say he won a struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
2. What is special about Waldzell School?
3. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
4. Describe Knecht's visit with the Music Master.
5. What kind of essay is Life?
6. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
7. What does Designori think about Castalia?
8. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
9. Who does the author say his book was intended for?
10. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)