|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Knecht's headmaster?
2. What language does Knecht study?
3. What did Designori study at university?
4. In what context does Hesse say he will report on Knecht's life?
5. What is the real name of the current deputy?
(d) Von der Trave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
2. Where does Betram run off to after the Magister's death?
3. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
4. What does the author say music comes from?
5. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
2. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
3. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
4. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
5. What is the Glass Bead Game?
6. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
7. Why does Knecht want to renew his friendship with Designori?
8. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
9. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
10. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)