|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the current deputy?
(a) Von der Trave
2. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The Order
(b) The government
(c) The Magister
(d) The board
3. Who does Knecht visit in Montepart?
(a) The Music Master
4. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) The government
(b) Outside influence
(d) Unintelligent people
5. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Wife
(b) The Disciple
(c) The Shadow
(d) The Leopard
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
2. What is the name of the new Magister?
3. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
4. What movement does the beginning of the Galss Bead Game go back to?
5. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
2. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
3. What is special about Waldzell School?
4. What does Knecht tell the Music Master in his letter?
5. Why does Knecht have mixed feelings about leaving Tegularius?
6. How does the music Master help Knecht?
7. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
8. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
9. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
10. Who does the author say his book was intended for?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)