|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new Magister?
2. What does the Magister want a representative for?
(a) The Holy View
(b) The Holy See
(c) The Holy Horn
(d) The Holy Tooth
3. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
4. What happens when Knecht is 24-years-old?
(a) He finds a job
(b) He graduates
(c) He fails his exams
(d) He wins a Glass Bead tournament
5. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
2. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
3. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
4. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
5. Who sees Knecht off at the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Knecht's visit with the Music Master.
2. What has Designori arranged for Knecht?
3. What is the Rainmaker about?
4. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
5. Why does Knecht not like his position as Magister?
6. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
7. What does Knecht have to wait for before he can leave for Mariafels?
8. Why is Designori bitter with Castalia?
9. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
10. What kind of essay is Life?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)