|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) Unintelligent people
(c) Outside influence
(d) The government
2. What kind of student is Designori?
(a) Senior student
(b) Elite student
(c) Master student
(d) Guest student
3. What is the name of the Order's headquarters?
4. What does the author say music comes from?
5. Who is Knecht representing while he is at Mariafels?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(d) His Music Master
Short Answer Questions
1. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
2. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
3. Who does Designori say he won a struggle with?
4. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
5. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of essay is Life?
2. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
3. What does Knecht have to wait for before he can leave for Mariafels?
4. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
5. Describe Knecht's early schooling?
6. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
7. What does Designori think about Castalia?
8. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
9. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
10. Why does the headmaster call Knecht to his office?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)