Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author say Knecht was destined for?
2. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
(a) His dark looks
(b) His superior intellignece
(c) His lack of religion
(d) His lack of outside experience
3. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
(a) Elite school
(b) Music school
(c) Special needs school
(d) Grammar school
4. What does Jacobus think Castalia is an imitation of?
(a) Muslim orders
(b) Christian orders
(c) Atheist orders
(d) Buddhist orders
5. What do people think is the only thing Waldzell graduates are good for?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(d) Academic life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
2. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
3. What is the name of the new Magister?
4. What is the Golden Book also known as?
5. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the music Master help Knecht?
2. What is the Golden Book?
3. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
4. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
5. What is the Glass Bead Game?
6. How does Knecht try and concentrate on the Games despite the Magister's illness?
7. What opinions does Knecht hold about the Games and how they should be run?
8. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
9. How does Alexander arrange for Knecht to leave the Order?
10. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)