|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Knecht learn from the Abbot?
2. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
3. What do most students become when they graduate from a school of Castalia?
4. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
(a) Jung House
5. What is the name of the new Magister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Golden Book also known as?
2. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
3. What type of theme must a game be started with?
4. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
5. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is special about Waldzell School?
2. How does the music Master help Knecht?
3. What does the author say most biographies are?
4. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
5. What advice does the Music Master give Knecht when he leaves for Waldzell?
6. What kind of essay is Life?
7. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
8. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
9. What is the Glass Bead Game?
10. What does Designori think about Castalia?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)