|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) England and Germany
(b) Japan and Korea
(c) Russia and Poland
(d) Greece and China
2. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
(a) The Board
(b) The Order
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) The Supreme Court
3. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A memory improvement exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A IQ exercise
(d) A multiple choice exercise
4. What does the Magister want a representative for?
(a) The Holy View
(b) The Holy Horn
(c) The Holy See
(d) The Holy Tooth
5. Where is the Holy See?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
2. What is the name of the Order's headquarters?
3. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
4. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
5. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
2. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
3. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
4. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
5. Describe Knecht's early schooling?
6. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
7. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
8. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
9. What does Designori think about Castalia?
10. What is the Golden Book?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)