|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
2. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
3. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
4. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
5. What kind of student is Designori?
(a) Guest student
(b) Elite student
(c) Senior student
(d) Master student
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
2. What game did Knecht play?
3. Who lives at Bamboo Grove?
4. Who is Knecht's Shadow?
5. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht tell the Music Master in his letter?
2. What does it mean to be a lifelong member of the Order?
3. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
4. Who does the author say his book was intended for?
5. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
6. How does the music Master help Knecht?
7. How does the author define the modern biographies?
8. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
9. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
10. What is special about Waldzell School?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)