|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Designori often criticize?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) The Order
(c) The poor
(d) Academic life
2. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(b) The Castalia
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) His family
3. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
(a) A Magister
(b) A Games Mater
(c) A Music Master
(d) A politician
4. When does Knecht leave the monastery?
5. What is the name of the new Magister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Knecht to his house?
2. What did Designori study at university?
3. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
4. What is the name of Knecht's headmaster?
5. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Knecht's early schooling?
2. How does the author define the modern biographies?
3. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
4. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
5. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
6. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
7. Why does Knecht have mixed feelings about leaving Tegularius?
8. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
9. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
10. How does the music Master help Knecht?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)