|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Music Master live?
2. What is the Music Master interested in knowing about?
(a) The women
(b) The choir
(c) The organ
(d) Knecht's work
3. What is the name of the main character?
(a) Thomas Mann
(b) Joseph Knecht
(c) Herman Ungar
(d) Hermann Hesse
4. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
(b) Thomas Mann
(c) Herman Hesse
(d) Plinium Ziegenhalss
5. What subject does Knecht learn from the Abbot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
2. Who invites Knecht to his house?
3. What game did Knecht play?
4. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
5. Who selects the Deputy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
2. What is the Golden Book?
3. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
4. Why does the headmaster call Knecht to his office?
5. What is special about Waldzell School?
6. What is the Glass Bead Game?
7. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
8. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
9. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
10. How does the music Master help Knecht?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)