|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The government
(b) The Magister
(c) The board
(d) The Order
2. Who lives at Bamboo Grove?
(a) The Magister
(c) Elder Brother
(d) The Music Master
3. What do people think is the only thing Waldzell graduates are good for?
(a) Academic life
(b) The Glass Bead Game
4. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
5. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
2. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
3. Which of Knecht's friends does the new Music Master have on his staff?
4. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
5. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
2. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
3. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
4. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
5. What kind of essay is Life?
6. What does the author know about Knecht's early life?
7. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
8. What is special about Waldzell School?
9. What is the Golden Book?
10. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)