|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
(a) Writing poetry
(c) The Glass Bead Game
2. What type of theme must a game be started with?
3. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A memory improvement exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A IQ exercise
(d) A multiple choice exercise
4. What game did Knecht play?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) The Orange Seed Game
(c) The Horror Game
(d) The Adventure Game
5. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
(a) Through their teachers
(b) Through the Glass Bead Game
(c) Through marriage
(d) Through examinations
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
2. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
3. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
4. What subject does Knecht learn from the Abbot?
5. What is the name of Knecht's headmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Knecht's visit with the Music Master.
2. What does it mean to be a lifelong member of the Order?
3. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
4. What does Knecht tell the Music Master in his letter?
5. What is special about Waldzell School?
6. What does the author know about Knecht's early life?
7. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
8. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
9. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
10. What does the author say most biographies are?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)