|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) Japan and Korea
(b) Russia and Poland
(c) Greece and China
(d) England and Germany
2. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
3. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
4. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He was a mathamatician
(b) He did not marry
(c) He did not leave any work behind
(d) He was born in China
5. Who is Knecht representing while he is at Mariafels?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(c) His Music Master
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
2. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
3. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
4. Who invites Knecht to his house?
5. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
2. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
3. Why does the headmaster call Knecht to his office?
4. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
5. How does the music Master help Knecht?
6. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
7. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
8. Why does Knecht have mixed feelings about leaving Tegularius?
9. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
10. What is special about Waldzell School?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)