|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He was born in China
(b) He was a mathamatician
(c) He did not leave any work behind
(d) He did not marry
2. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) England and Germany
(b) Russia and Poland
(c) Greece and China
(d) Japan and Korea
3. What does Knecht have to file every year?
(a) A report
(b) A musical piece
(c) An essay
(d) A diary
4. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
5. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
(b) Yin and Yang
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Order's headquarters?
2. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
3. In what context does Hesse say he will report on Knecht's life?
4. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
5. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Designori learn about Knecht?
2. Why does the current deputy find his work difficult?
3. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
4. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
5. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
6. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
7. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
8. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
9. Why is the position of deputy a dead end position?
10. Why does Knecht find himself as part of the community?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)