|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Golden Book also known as?
(a) The Book of Genuis
(b) The Climbers List
(c) The Jidelni Listek
(d) The Wait
2. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(d) Writing poetry
3. What does Knecht like to write?
(c) Short stories
4. Who is Knecht's Shadow?
5. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
(a) A Music Master
(b) A politician
(c) A Magister
(d) A Games Mater
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Knecht write to about his dilemma?
2. What type of people first played the Glass Bead Game?
3. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
4. Who selects the Deputy?
5. What is the name of Knecht's headmaster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Knecht's early schooling?
2. What is special about Waldzell School?
3. What does Knecht have to wait for before he can leave for Mariafels?
4. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
5. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
6. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
7. How does the author define the modern biographies?
8. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
9. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
10. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)