|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Knecht study?
2. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
(d) Yin and Yang
3. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
4. What is the name of the new Magister?
5. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
2. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
3. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
4. What does Designori often criticize?
5. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say most biographies are?
2. What is special about Waldzell School?
3. How does the music Master help Knecht?
4. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
5. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
6. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
7. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
8. What advice does the Music Master give Knecht when he leaves for Waldzell?
9. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
10. What does Designori think about Castalia?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)