|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(d) German literature
2. Who does Knecht visit in Montepart?
(d) The Music Master
3. Who sees Knecht off at the train station?
(a) His headmaster
(b) His Latin teacher
(c) His German teacher
(d) His music teacher
4. What German city was Bastian Perrot's musical academy in?
5. Who is Knecht's Shadow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
2. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
3. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
4. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
5. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht have to wait for before he can leave for Mariafels?
2. What is the Glass Bead Game?
3. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
4. What does Designori think about Castalia?
5. What does it mean to be a lifelong member of the Order?
6. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
7. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
8. What does the author know about Knecht's early life?
9. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
10. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)