|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Knecht not like the position of Magister?
(a) He cannot play the Galss Bead Game
(b) He does not feel part of the community
(c) He has no time to study
(d) He is too busy
2. Where does the Music Master live?
3. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
(a) Tibetian Book of the Dead
(c) The Bible
(d) I Ching
4. What kind of student is Designori?
(a) Master student
(b) Guest student
(c) Elite student
(d) Senior student
5. When does Knecht leave the monastery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the supreme head of the game known as?
2. Who sees Knecht off at the train station?
3. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
4. What is Maraifels famous for?
5. What does the Magister want a representative for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of essay is Life?
2. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
3. How does the author define the modern biographies?
4. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
5. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
6. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
7. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
8. What does Designori think about Castalia?
9. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
10. What is the Golden Book?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)