|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
2. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A IQ exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A multiple choice exercise
(d) A memory improvement exercise
3. What is the Golden Book also known as?
(a) The Climbers List
(b) The Jidelni Listek
(c) The Book of Genuis
(d) The Wait
4. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
5. Who lives at Bamboo Grove?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
(d) The Magister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the supreme head of the game known as?
2. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
3. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
4. Who welcomes Knecht back to Waldzell?
5. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
2. Why does Knecht have mixed feelings about leaving Tegularius?
3. What advice does the Music Master give Knecht when he leaves for Waldzell?
4. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
5. Why does Knecht like the Glass Bead game?
6. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
7. Why does Knecht think that free study is the happiest years of his life?
8. What is the Glass Bead Game?
9. How does the music Master help Knecht?
10. What does Knecht have to wait for before he can leave for Mariafels?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)