|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Designori often criticize?
(a) The poor
(b) Academic life
(c) The Order
(d) The Glass Bead Game
2. What type of theme must a game be started with?
3. Where does the Music Master live?
4. What do common people call people from the Order?
5. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
(a) A monastic life
(b) A luxury life
(c) A sociable life
(d) A noble life
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
2. What did Designori study at university?
3. What is Mariafels?
4. What is the supreme head of the game known as?
5. What do most students become when they graduate from a school of Castalia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of essay is Life?
2. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
3. What does Knecht say is a danger to the Order?
4. What does Designori think about Castalia?
5. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
6. What problems does Designori have with Knecht?
7. How does Designori help Knecht move into the real world?
8. What does Knecht want as the next theme for the Games?
9. What is the Golden Book?
10. What are Knecht's views on books?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)