|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A multiple choice exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A memory improvement exercise
(d) A IQ exercise
2. Where does the Music Master live?
3. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
(a) Grammar school
(b) Special needs school
(c) Elite school
(d) Music school
4. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
(d) Jung House
5. What does Jacobus think Castalia is an imitation of?
(a) Christian orders
(b) Muslim orders
(c) Atheist orders
(d) Buddhist orders
Short Answer Questions
1. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
2. What did Knecht not experience the conflict between?
3. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
4. What is Maraifels famous for?
5. Who is the next person to be elected as Magister Ludi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say most biographies are?
2. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
3. What does Designori think about Castalia?
4. How did the Glass Bead Game develop in Europe?
5. What is special about Waldzell School?
6. What does it mean to be a lifelong member of the Order?
7. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
8. What is Knecht's only restriction during free study?
9. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
10. What is the Golden Book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)