|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The board
(b) The Order
(c) The Magister
(d) The government
2. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(a) The Castalia
(b) His family
(d) The Glass Bead Game
3. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
4. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He was born in China
(b) He did not marry
(c) He was a mathamatician
(d) He did not leave any work behind
5. Where does Betram run off to after the Magister's death?
(a) The hills
(d) The mountains
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
2. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
3. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
4. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
5. What is the name of the main character?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of essay is Life?
2. What is special about Waldzell School?
3. How does Knecht's life change after the visit from the Music Master?
4. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
5. What does Knecht do at Hirsland?
6. What does Knecht do during his four-week vacation?
7. Describe the monastery at Mariafels?
8. What is the Golden Book?
9. How does the author define the modern biographies?
10. What does Knecht learn from Father Jacobus?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)