|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Knecht write to about his dilemma?
(a) His Music Master
(d) His father
2. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Wife
(b) The Disciple
(c) The Shadow
(d) The Leopard
3. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The government
(b) The Magister
(c) The Order
(d) The board
4. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
(c) Jung House
5. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He was born in China
(b) He did not marry
(c) He was a mathamatician
(d) He did not leave any work behind
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
2. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
3. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
4. What is the name of the main character?
5. Who does Knecht visit in Montepart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between mathematical and psychological Glass Bead Games?
2. What does the author know about Knecht's early life?
3. How does the music Master help Knecht?
4. How did the Glass Bead Game originate?
5. What does Knecht say in his letter to the Music Master?
6. What is special about Waldzell School?
7. What is the Glass Bead Game?
8. Why does Knecht think Tegularius is a good Glass Bead player?
9. What does Designori think about Castalia?
10. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)