|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Tegularius' superiors mostly assign him?
(a) Speech writing
(b) Card making
2. Where does Knecht remain for the rest of his life at the end of the Indian Life?
(a) The caves
(b) The mountains
(c) The hills
(d) The forest
3. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go back to Waldzell
(c) Go to the doctor
(d) Go to the city
4. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
5. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A hotel
(b) A summer house
(c) A family cottage
(d) A caravan
6. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia is and always should be
(b) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
(c) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(d) What Castalia does not want to ever be
7. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
8. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(a) The Music Master
(c) Elder Brother
9. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
(a) World history
(b) The general public
10. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
11. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His family life
(b) His problems
(c) His illness
(d) His theories
12. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
(b) A Dream
(c) Living Through
13. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
(b) His parents
(c) THe Games
(d) His lost love
14. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
15. Were does Designori say Knecht and Tito can live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
2. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
3. What is the name of Designori's wife?
4. What does Designori say he has a love-hate relationship with?
5. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)