|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) Elite students
(d) The general publilc
2. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(a) Each other
(b) The real world
3. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His illness
(b) His problems
(c) His theories
(d) His family life
4. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
(a) Laugh uncontrollably
(c) Stare into space
(d) Cry uncontrollablly
5. Where is Knecht requested to appear in person?
(c) Designori's house
6. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
(a) They have different ideals
(b) They speak different languages
(c) They have a different concept of culture
(d) They always argue
7. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates boredom
(b) It creates laziness
(c) It creates immoral behavior
(d) It creates tension
8. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
9. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
(a) His lost love
(c) His parents
(d) THe Games
10. How does Knecht think Designori has changed?
(a) He is happy and lively
(b) He is loving and careless
(c) He is funny and careless
(d) He is sad and unlively
11. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
12. What does Knecht not like being involved in?
13. Where does Knecht remain for the rest of his life at the end of the Indian Life?
(a) The forest
(b) The mountains
(c) The caves
(d) The hills
14. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
(c) The outside world
15. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) A family life
(b) The life of a free scholar
(c) A life of sleep
(d) The life of Game playing
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
2. Where does Knecht want to teach?
3. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
4. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
5. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)