|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Knecht meditate after receiving the letter from the Order?
(a) His garden
(b) His bedroom
2. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
3. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An enemy
(b) An intellectual
(c) A foreigner
(d) An acquaintance
4. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the city
(b) Go to the doctor
(d) Go back to Waldzell
5. What is the name of Designori's wife?
6. How did the Music Master die?
(a) Heart attack
(c) Hit by a car
(d) In his sleep
7. What is the name of the President of the Order?
8. Who does Knecht talk to about the Music Master's condition?
(d) Elder Brother
9. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
(a) A Korean house
(b) A Chinese house
(c) A Japanese house
(d) A Vietnamese house
10. What political party did Designori join?
11. What does Knecht say Designori is his link to?
(a) The outside world
(b) The Games
(c) A family life
12. What is the name of the recommended student?
13. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Half letter
(b) Round letter
(c) Open letter
(d) Circular letter
14. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
(b) What Castalia is and always should be
(c) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(d) What Castalia does not want to ever be
15. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
2. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
3. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
4. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
5. Which two people have given Knecht knowledge about the outside world?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)