|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
(a) Loneliness and suicide
(b) Self hatred and self abuse
(c) Madness and depression
(d) Vanity and power seeking
2. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Tegularius' fortune
(b) Their shared intelligence
(c) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
(d) Tegularius' love for the Order
3. What does Designori teach Knecht?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(c) The real world
4. Which of the following is not a title of one of Knecht life essays?
(a) The Blacksmith
(b) The Rainmaker
(c) The Indian Life
(d) The Father Confessor
5. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) The general publilc
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(d) Elite students
6. Who does Dasa marry?
7. What is the name of Designori's son?
8. What is the poem Alphabets about?
9. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
(a) Laugh at it
(b) Embrace it
(c) Argue about it
(d) Write about it
10. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
(a) His lost love
(b) THe Games
(d) His parents
11. What is Designori's job?
(d) Political writer
12. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(a) In fighting
13. What political party was Designori's father a member of?
14. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
(a) A Vietnamese house
(b) A Korean house
(c) A Chinese house
(d) A Japanese house
15. Where does Knecht spend 15 minutes everyday to relax?
(a) His garden
(b) His library
(c) His temple
(d) His boat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
2. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
3. What is the name of Designori's wife?
4. What is the name of the President of the Order?
5. Where does Knecht want to teach?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)