|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tegularius consult with at the Far Eastern College?
(a) Middle Brother
(b) Elder Brother
(d) Father Jacobus
2. What does Knecht think is the most vulnerable part of the Castalia?
(a) The libraries
(b) The Order
(c) The Magister's position
(d) The Glass Bead Game
3. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A hotel
(b) A family cottage
(c) A caravan
(d) A summer house
4. Who dies in this chapter?
(b) The Music Master
5. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
6. What is Designori's job?
(c) Political writer
7. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the doctor
(b) Go to the city
(d) Go back to Waldzell
8. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) The life of a free scholar
(b) The life of Game playing
(c) A family life
(d) A life of sleep
9. What is the name of the recommended student?
10. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His student status
(b) His mental capacity
(c) His family life
(d) His love of women
11. What does the last part of the book contain?
(a) Haikus and pie chars
(b) Letters and diagrams
(c) Poems and essays
(d) Equasions and notes
12. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
13. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
14. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His theories
(b) His illness
(c) His family life
(d) His problems
15. What is the name of the President of the Order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht tell Designori he needs?
2. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
3. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
4. Were does Designori say Knecht and Tito can live?
5. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)