|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does Petrus study?
2. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Circular letter
(b) Open letter
(c) Half letter
(d) Round letter
3. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His family life
(b) His illness
(c) His problems
(d) His theories
4. What cause did Designori begin to have doubts about?
(a) The communist cause
(b) The fascist cause
(c) The liberal cause
(d) The capitalist cause
5. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
(b) His wife
6. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
(a) During the Games
(b) During war time
(c) After work
(d) During vacations
7. What does Designori teach Knecht?
(c) The real world
(d) The Glass Bead Game
8. What does Designori say he has a love-hate relationship with?
(b) Family life
9. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
10. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A summer house
(b) A family cottage
(c) A caravan
(d) A hotel
11. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia does not want to ever be
(b) What Castalia is and always should be
(c) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(d) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
12. What is Designori's job?
(d) Political writer
13. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(c) The Music Master
(d) Elder Brother
14. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Their shared intelligence
(b) Tegularius' fortune
(c) Tegularius' love for the Order
(d) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
15. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An acquaintance
(b) An enemy
(c) An intellectual
(d) A foreigner
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Petrus say he is worried about?
2. How did the Music Master die?
3. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
4. Where does Knecht remain for the rest of his life at the end of the Indian Life?
5. What does Designori say shielded him from the outside world?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)