|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
(a) Write about it
(b) Argue about it
(c) Embrace it
(d) Laugh at it
2. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(b) The Music Master
(c) Elder Brother
3. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
4. Who dies in this chapter?
(c) The Music Master
5. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
(b) The general public
(c) World history
6. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) The life of Game playing
(b) The life of a free scholar
(c) A family life
(d) A life of sleep
7. What does Knecht think is the most vulnerable part of the Castalia?
(a) The Magister's position
(b) The Order
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) The libraries
8. Where does Knecht remain for the rest of his life at the end of the Indian Life?
(a) The forest
(b) The mountains
(c) The hills
(d) The caves
9. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Tegularius' fortune
(b) Their shared intelligence
(c) Tegularius' love for the Order
(d) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
10. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
(c) The outside world
11. What does Designori say he has a love-hate relationship with?
(d) Family life
12. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the doctor
(c) Go back to Waldzell
(d) Go to the city
13. How did the Music Master die?
(b) Heart attack
(c) Hit by a car
(d) In his sleep
14. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Half letter
(b) Circular letter
(c) Round letter
(d) Open letter
15. What does Knecht want to renew with Designori?
(a) Their studies
(b) Their friendship
(c) Their Game playing
(d) Their debates
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Designori join?
2. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
3. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
4. Who does Dasa marry?
5. Which of the following of his possessions does Knecht leave at Hirsland?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)