|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
2. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
(c) His wife
3. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
4. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(c) Each other
(d) The real world
5. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(d) In fighting
6. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An acquaintance
(b) An enemy
(c) An intellectual
(d) A foreigner
7. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
(a) Vanity and power seeking
(b) Madness and depression
(c) Self hatred and self abuse
(d) Loneliness and suicide
8. What does Designori say Castalia did when he sought its comfort?
(a) Embrace him
(b) Act indifferent
(c) Laugh at him
(d) Reject him
9. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
(a) Argue about it
(b) Write about it
(c) Laugh at it
(d) Embrace it
10. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His mental capacity
(b) His family life
(c) His love of women
(d) His student status
11. Where does Knecht meditate after receiving the letter from the Order?
(b) His bedroom
(c) His garden
12. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) A life of sleep
(b) The life of Game playing
(c) The life of a free scholar
(d) A family life
13. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
14. Which of the following is not a title of one of Knecht life essays?
(a) The Indian Life
(b) The Father Confessor
(c) The Rainmaker
(d) The Blacksmith
15. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
(a) A Vietnamese house
(b) A Korean house
(c) A Japanese house
(d) A Chinese house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Designori's son?
2. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
3. What political party did Designori join?
4. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
5. What is Designori's job?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)