|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first Games put on by Knecht called?
(a) The Chinese House Game
(b) The House of Card Game
(c) The Japanese House Game
(d) The Noble House Game
2. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
3. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
(a) Life coach
(b) Glass Bead Game coach
(c) Fitness coach
(d) Meditation coach
4. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A summer house
(b) A caravan
(c) A hotel
(d) A family cottage
5. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Their shared intelligence
(b) Tegularius' fortune
(c) Tegularius' love for the Order
(d) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
6. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Half letter
(b) Round letter
(c) Open letter
(d) Circular letter
7. What does Designori teach Knecht?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(c) The real world
8. What is the name of the President of the Order?
9. What is the poem Alphabets about?
10. Who does Tegularius consult with at the Far Eastern College?
(a) Elder Brother
(b) Father Jacobus
(c) Middle Brother
11. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
(a) They always argue
(b) They speak different languages
(c) They have a different concept of culture
(d) They have different ideals
12. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the doctor
(c) Go to the city
(d) Go back to Waldzell
13. What does Knecht think is the most vulnerable part of the Castalia?
(a) The Order
(b) The libraries
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) The Magister's position
14. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
15. Which of the following is not a title of one of Knecht life essays?
(a) The Indian Life
(b) The Rainmaker
(c) The Blacksmith
(d) The Father Confessor
Short Answer Questions
1. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
2. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
3. What does Knecht claim the Order is filled with?
4. What does Designori say shielded him from the outside world?
5. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)