|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
(a) The clouds
(b) The sun
(c) The stars
(d) The moon
2. What is the name of the President of the Order?
3. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Tegularius' love for the Order
(b) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
(c) Their shared intelligence
(d) Tegularius' fortune
4. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go back to Waldzell
(c) Go to the doctor
(d) Go to the city
5. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates laziness
(b) It creates immoral behavior
(c) It creates boredom
(d) It creates tension
6. Where does Knecht meditate after receiving the letter from the Order?
(b) His bedroom
(c) His garden
7. How did the Music Master die?
(a) In his sleep
(b) Hit by a car
(c) Heart attack
8. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
9. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
10. What does Designori tell Knecht he has no concept of?
11. Where does Knecht want to teach?
(c) The outside world
12. Who does Knecht talk to about the Music Master's condition?
(c) Elder Brother
13. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(b) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
(c) What Castalia is and always should be
(d) What Castalia does not want to ever be
14. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
(b) A position in government
(c) A trial separation
(d) A pension
15. Who dies in this chapter?
(d) The Music Master
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
2. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
3. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
4. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
5. What does Knecht say Designori is his link to?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)