|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Designori used to return to Waldzell?
(a) During war time
(b) During the Games
(c) After work
(d) During vacations
2. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(c) Each other
(d) The real world
3. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
(a) Loneliness and suicide
(b) Self hatred and self abuse
(c) Madness and depression
(d) Vanity and power seeking
4. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
5. What is the name of the recommended student?
6. How did the Music Master die?
(a) Heart attack
(b) In his sleep
(d) Hit by a car
7. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
8. Where does Knecht spend 15 minutes everyday to relax?
(a) His boat
(b) His library
(c) His garden
(d) His temple
9. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
(c) A Dream
(d) Living Through
10. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) The general publilc
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) Elite students
11. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His mental capacity
(b) His student status
(c) His family life
(d) His love of women
12. What does Knecht not like being involved in?
13. What cause did Designori begin to have doubts about?
(a) The capitalist cause
(b) The communist cause
(c) The fascist cause
(d) The liberal cause
14. What subject does Petrus study?
15. What political party did Designori join?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
2. What is the name of the meditation coach?
3. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
4. What do Tegularius' superiors mostly assign him?
5. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)