|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say Teularius represents?
(a) What Castalia could become if it is rejuvenated
(b) What Castalia might become if it is not rejuvenated
(c) What Castalia is and always should be
(d) What Castalia does not want to ever be
2. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Tegularius' love for the Order
(b) Their shared intelligence
(c) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
(d) Tegularius' fortune
3. Where does Knecht want to teach?
(d) The outside world
4. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
5. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
(a) Laugh uncontrollably
(b) Cry uncontrollablly
(d) Stare into space
6. Where does Knecht meditate after receiving the letter from the Order?
(a) His garden
(d) His bedroom
7. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(a) The real world
(d) Each other
8. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
9. What does Designori have in Belpunt?
(a) A summer house
(b) A hotel
(c) A family cottage
(d) A caravan
10. What cause did Designori begin to have doubts about?
(a) The fascist cause
(b) The liberal cause
(c) The capitalist cause
(d) The communist cause
11. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(b) In fighting
12. What political party did Designori join?
13. What is the poem Alphabets about?
14. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His illness
(b) His problems
(c) His theories
(d) His family life
15. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Rainmaker's daughter?
2. What does Knecht enjoy about his position as Magister?
3. Who does Dasa marry?
4. What does Knecht say Designori is his link to?
5. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)