|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
(a) His wife
2. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An intellectual
(b) An enemy
(c) A foreigner
(d) An acquaintance
3. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
(a) A Dream
(d) Living Through
4. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His love of women
(b) His family life
(c) His mental capacity
(d) His student status
5. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
(a) The general public
(b) World history
6. Where does Knecht spend 15 minutes everyday to relax?
(a) His boat
(b) His library
(c) His garden
(d) His temple
7. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(a) The real world
(c) Each other
8. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
9. What does Knecht say Designori is his link to?
(b) The outside world
(c) A family life
(d) The Games
10. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
(a) A Vietnamese house
(b) A Chinese house
(c) A Japanese house
(d) A Korean house
11. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
(a) They always argue
(b) They speak different languages
(c) They have different ideals
(d) They have a different concept of culture
12. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
(a) A pension
(b) A position in government
(c) A trial separation
13. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(b) In fighting
14. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
15. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
2. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
3. What does Knecht want to renew with Designori?
4. What does Knecht tell Designori he needs?
5. How did the Music Master die?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)