|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
2. Where does Knecht spend 15 minutes everyday to relax?
(a) His boat
(b) His garden
(c) His temple
(d) His library
3. What does Knecht say the Castalia exists apart from?
(a) Each other
(c) The real world
4. Who does Petrus say he is worried about?
(a) Elder Brother
(c) The Music Master
5. What subject does Petrus study?
6. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
(a) Life coach
(b) Meditation coach
(c) Fitness coach
(d) Glass Bead Game coach
7. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
8. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
9. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
(a) Financial support
(c) The Games
10. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates boredom
(b) It creates immoral behavior
(c) It creates laziness
(d) It creates tension
11. What is the poem Alphabets about?
12. What does Knecht not like being involved in?
13. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
(d) His wife
14. What is Knecht remembering as he meditates?
(a) THe Games
(b) His parents
(c) His lost love
15. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An intellectual
(b) An enemy
(c) An acquaintance
(d) A foreigner
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Knecht want to construct for the Games?
2. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
3. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
4. What is the name of Designori's son?
5. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)