|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Designori's job?
(a) Political writer
2. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(a) Elder Brother
(b) The Music Master
3. What political party was Designori's father a member of?
4. What does Knecht say Castalia could not exist without?
(b) Financial support
(d) The Games
5. What is the name of the meditation coach?
6. What is the first Games put on by Knecht called?
(a) The Chinese House Game
(b) The House of Card Game
(c) The Japanese House Game
(d) The Noble House Game
7. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
8. Complete the title of the following poem; tomorrow we...
9. What does Knecht say Designori is his link to?
(b) The outside world
(c) A family life
(d) The Games
10. What does Designori say Castalia did when he sought its comfort?
(a) Reject him
(b) Act indifferent
(c) Laugh at him
(d) Embrace him
11. Why does Designori think that speaking to Knecht is like speaking to a foreigner?
(a) They have a different concept of culture
(b) They always argue
(c) They have different ideals
(d) They speak different languages
12. What is the name of the Rainmaker's daughter?
13. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(b) Go back to Waldzell
(c) Go to the city
(d) Go to the doctor
14. What does the last part of the book contain?
(a) Equasions and notes
(b) Letters and diagrams
(c) Haikus and pie chars
(d) Poems and essays
15. How does Knecht think Designori has changed?
(a) He is loving and careless
(b) He is happy and lively
(c) He is sad and unlively
(d) He is funny and careless
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
2. Which two people have given Knecht knowledge about the outside world?
3. Where does Knecht want to teach?
4. What does Knecht claim the Order is filled with?
5. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)