|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander offer Knecht?
(a) A pension
(c) A trial separation
(d) A position in government
2. What does the Rainmaker teach Knecht the knowledge of?
(a) The moon
(b) The clouds
(c) The stars
(d) The sun
3. What is the name of Designori's wife?
4. What kind of life would Knecht have preferred over the life of a Magister?
(a) The life of Game playing
(b) A family life
(c) The life of a free scholar
(d) A life of sleep
5. What does Knecht claim the Order is filled with?
6. How does Knecht say they should react to Designori's bad experiences?
(a) Embrace it
(b) Argue about it
(c) Laugh at it
(d) Write about it
7. Which two people have given Knecht knowledge about the outside world?
(a) Designori and Father Jacubus
(b) Tegularuis and Ferromonte
(c) The Abbot and Dubois
(d) Dubios and Zbinden
8. What political party did Designori join?
9. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the city
(b) Go back to Waldzell
(c) Go to the doctor
10. What does the Music Master do instead of answering questions?
(b) Cry uncontrollablly
(c) Stare into space
(d) Laugh uncontrollably
11. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) Elite students
(d) The general publilc
12. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
(b) A Dream
(d) Living Through
13. What does Knecht foresee will end the Castalia?
(c) In fighting
14. Who does Petrus say he is worried about?
(a) Elder Brother
(d) The Music Master
15. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
(a) An intellectual
(b) A foreigner
(c) An acquaintance
(d) An enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a title of one of Knecht life essays?
2. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
3. What does Knecht say the Order has not paid enough attention to?
4. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
5. What does Knecht think playing the Game can lead to?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)