|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Knecht say men cannot live in two or more dimensions?
(a) It creates boredom
(b) It creates immoral behavior
(c) It creates laziness
(d) It creates tension
2. Who does Knecht desire to teach?
3. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
4. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
5. Who does Petrus say he is worried about?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
6. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) Elite students
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(c) The general publilc
7. What does Knecht think he will have to do if he does not stop feeling tired?
(a) Go to the city
(c) Go back to Waldzell
(d) Go to the doctor
8. What is the name of Designori's son?
9. What is the name of the meditation coach?
10. What does Designori teach Knecht?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(c) The real world
11. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His family life
(b) His student status
(c) His love of women
(d) His mental capacity
12. What is On Reading an Old Philosopher about?
13. What does the Board say the Order does not take part in?
(b) The outside world
14. Who does Designori want Knecht to educate into the Castalia?
(d) His wife
15. Where does Knecht meditate after receiving the letter from the Order?
(c) His bedroom
(d) His garden
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
2. What is Designori's job?
3. In which poem does Knecht talk about Mariafels?
4. Who is jealous of Knecht's relationship with Designori?
5. Where does Knecht spend 15 minutes everyday to relax?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)