|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Knecht feel when he arrives at Belpunt?
2. Who does Knecht write a letter to in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the President of the Order?
4. What is the name of the Rainmaker's daughter?
5. What does the note tell Knecht to do?
(a) Live in Mariafels
(b) Bring in more outsiders
(c) Think about the next games
(d) Learn Chinese
6. What does Tegularius and Knecht discuss the poem in relation to?
7. What does Knecht think the Order should place emphasis on?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(c) The general publilc
(d) Elite students
8. Who does Knecht visit in Monteport?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
9. What does Tegularius want to maintain?
(a) His student status
(b) His love of women
(c) His family life
(d) His mental capacity
10. What kind of letter does Knecht write in this chapter?
(a) Circular letter
(b) Round letter
(c) Half letter
(d) Open letter
11. What is Knecht's friendship with Tegularius based on?
(a) Tegularius' fortune
(b) Their shared intelligence
(c) Tegularius' admiration for Knecht
(d) Tegularius' love for the Order
12. How does Knecht think Designori has changed?
(a) He is sad and unlively
(b) He is happy and lively
(c) He is loving and careless
(d) He is funny and careless
13. What does Knecht join Tito in doing in the morning?
14. What do Tegularius' superiors mostly assign him?
(c) Speech writing
(d) Card making
15. What does Designori want to explain to Knecht?
(a) His family life
(b) His problems
(c) His illness
(d) His theories
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht claim the Order is filled with?
2. Who dies in this chapter?
3. In what city does the Father Confessor take place?
4. Waht kind of coach does Knecht send to Designori's home?
5. Where does Knecht want to teach?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)