|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Designori often criticize?
(a) Academic life
(b) The poor
(c) The Glass Bead Game
(d) The Order
2. What did Knecht not experience the conflict between?
(a) Two jealous women
(b) Marriage and single life
(c) Academia and the normal world
(d) Home and elite school
3. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
(a) Years of experience
(b) Learning music
(c) Talking to players
(d) Reading the rules
4. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Shadow
(b) The Leopard
(c) The Disciple
(d) The Wife
5. Who does Knecht visit in Montepart?
(d) The Music Master
6. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
7. Who is Knecht delighted could make it to his ceremony?
(a) His parents
(b) Father Jacobus
(c) His former Music Master
8. Who is the next person to be elected as Magister Ludi?
9. Who does Designori now work for?
(b) The government
(c) The Magister
(d) His father
10. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
11. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
(a) I Ching
(b) The Bible
(c) Tibetian Book of the Dead
12. What does Knecht devote his time to during his vacation?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(d) Writing poetry
13. Who invites Knecht to his house?
(a) The Magister
(c) The Music Master
14. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) The government
(b) Outside influence
(d) Unintelligent people
15. What type of people first played the Glass Bead Game?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
2. What is the name of the new Magister?
3. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
4. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
5. What happens when Knecht is 24-years-old?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)