|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
(b) Jung House
2. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
3. What is the Music Master interested in knowing about?
(a) The choir
(b) The women
(c) Knecht's work
(d) The organ
4. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
(a) A luxury life
(b) A noble life
(c) A sociable life
(d) A monastic life
5. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
6. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
(a) Father Zinden
(b) Father Jacobus
(c) The Abbot
(d) Father Davison
7. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
8. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
(a) A Music Master
(b) A Magister
(c) A Games Mater
(d) A politician
9. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
(a) German literature
(c) The Glass Bead Game
10. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
11. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Shadow
(b) The Wife
(c) The Leopard
(d) The Disciple
12. What do common people call people from the Order?
13. Where does Betram run off to after the Magister's death?
(b) The hills
(c) The mountains
14. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
15. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
(a) Plinium Ziegenhalss
(c) Thomas Mann
(d) Herman Hesse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht have to file every year?
2. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
3. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
4. Who is Knecht's Shadow?
5. What is the name of the essay Knecht occasionally has to compose?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)