|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Knecht and Father Jacobus discuss?
(b) The Glass Bead Game
2. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(b) His family
(c) The Castalia
(d) The Glass Bead Game
3. What instrument is Father Jacobus playing?
(a) The guitar
(b) The violin
(c) The trumpret
(d) The piano
4. Why is Father Jacobus distrustful of Knecht?
(a) His lack of outside experience
(b) His dark looks
(c) His superior intellignece
(d) His lack of religion
5. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A memory improvement exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A multiple choice exercise
(d) A IQ exercise
6. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
7. Who is Knecht delighted could make it to his ceremony?
(b) His parents
(c) Father Jacobus
(d) His former Music Master
8. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
(a) Father Zinden
(b) Father Davison
(c) Father Jacobus
(d) The Abbot
9. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He was born in China
(b) He did not leave any work behind
(c) He was a mathamatician
(d) He did not marry
10. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
11. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
(a) Through the Glass Bead Game
(b) Through their teachers
(c) Through examinations
(d) Through marriage
12. Who lives at Bamboo Grove?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
(c) The Magister
13. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
14. Why does Knecht not like the position of Magister?
(a) He cannot play the Galss Bead Game
(b) He is too busy
(c) He has no time to study
(d) He does not feel part of the community
15. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
(a) A monastic life
(b) A sociable life
(c) A noble life
(d) A luxury life
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Designori now work for?
2. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
3. What type of theme must a game be started with?
4. When does Knecht leave the monastery?
5. Who welcomes Knecht back to Waldzell?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)