|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
(a) The German Goverment
(b) The EU Government
(c) The Political Department of the Board of Educators
(d) The World Department of the Board of Educators
2. What game did Knecht play?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) The Horror Game
(c) The Adventure Game
(d) The Orange Seed Game
3. What is the name of the main character?
(a) Herman Ungar
(b) Thomas Mann
(c) Joseph Knecht
(d) Hermann Hesse
4. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) The government
(b) Unintelligent people
(d) Outside influence
5. What do common people call people from the Order?
6. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) England and Germany
(b) Russia and Poland
(c) Greece and China
(d) Japan and Korea
7. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
8. Why can't players and officials expand on the content of the games?
(a) It would no longer be fun
(b) It contains all knowledge
(c) It would stop making sense
(d) People would stop playing
9. Why does Knecht not like the position of Magister?
(a) He is too busy
(b) He does not feel part of the community
(c) He cannot play the Galss Bead Game
(d) He has no time to study
10. How do Knecht's teachers start treating him differently at the Latin school?
(a) As if he were dangerous
(b) As if they were jealous of him
(c) As if they wanted to get rid of him
(d) As if he were a colleague
11. What does Jacobus think Castalia is an imitation of?
(a) Muslim orders
(b) Christian orders
(c) Atheist orders
(d) Buddhist orders
12. Who does Designori say he won a struggle with?
(b) The headmaster
(c) The Magister
(d) His father
13. What German city was Bastian Perrot's musical academy in?
14. Where does the author say Knecht was destined for?
15. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
(a) German literature
(d) The Glass Bead Game
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
2. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
3. What is the real name of the current deputy?
4. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
5. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)