|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the supreme head of the game known as?
(a) The Judge
(b) The Glass Sire
(c) The General
(d) The Ludi Magister
2. What is Mariafels?
(a) A restaurant
(b) A monastry
(c) A school
(d) A church
3. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
4. Who does Designori now work for?
(a) His father
(b) The government
(c) The Magister
5. What subject does Knecht learn from the Abbot?
6. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
(a) He shows respect
(b) He is ambitious
(c) He is not ambitious
(d) He is good at the Glass Bead Game
7. Who is Knecht's Shadow?
8. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
9. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
(a) The Glass Bead Book
(b) The Ludi Book
(c) The Master in Waiting Book
(d) The Golden Book
10. When does Knecht leave the monastery?
11. Where does Betram run off to after the Magister's death?
(b) The mountains
(c) The hills
12. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
(a) Learning music
(b) Talking to players
(c) Years of experience
(d) Reading the rules
13. What kind of student is Designori?
(a) Senior student
(b) Master student
(c) Guest student
(d) Elite student
14. What does Designori often criticize?
(a) The Order
(b) The Glass Bead Game
(c) Academic life
(d) The poor
15. Who sees Knecht off at the train station?
(a) His headmaster
(b) His German teacher
(c) His music teacher
(d) His Latin teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
2. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
3. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
4. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
5. What type of theme must a game be started with?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)