|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
(a) The World Department of the Board of Educators
(b) The EU Government
(c) The German Goverment
(d) The Political Department of the Board of Educators
2. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
3. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
4. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Leopard
(b) The Shadow
(c) The Wife
(d) The Disciple
5. What can Knecht study now that he has graduated?
(d) The Glass Bead Game
6. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
(a) His father
(b) The Music Master
(d) Magistar Ludi
7. Who does Knecht write to about his dilemma?
(b) His Music Master
(c) His father
8. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
9. What subject does Knecht learn from the Abbot?
10. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) Russia and Poland
(b) Japan and Korea
(c) England and Germany
(d) Greece and China
11. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
12. In what context does Hesse say he will report on Knecht's life?
13. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
14. What subject does the author say the Glass Bead game is tied up with?
15. Why can't players and officials expand on the content of the games?
(a) It would no longer be fun
(b) It contains all knowledge
(c) It would stop making sense
(d) People would stop playing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maraifels famous for?
2. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
3. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
4. What language does Knecht study?
5. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)