|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
(d) Yin and Yang
2. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The Magister
(b) The Order
(c) The government
(d) The board
3. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
(a) The Master in Waiting Book
(b) The Golden Book
(c) The Ludi Book
(d) The Glass Bead Book
4. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
5. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) Outside influence
(b) The government
(d) Unintelligent people
6. What do common people call people from the Order?
7. What movement does the beginning of the Galss Bead Game go back to?
(a) The intellectual movement
(b) The dada movement
(c) The surrealist movement
(d) The phony movement
8. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
(a) Through marriage
(b) Through examinations
(c) Through their teachers
(d) Through the Glass Bead Game
9. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
10. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
11. Where does Betram run off to after the Magister's death?
(a) The mountains
(b) The hills
12. What does Knecht complete introductory lessons in?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(c) German literature
13. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
(a) A Music Master
(b) A politician
(c) A Magister
(d) A Games Mater
14. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
(b) The Bible
(c) Tibetian Book of the Dead
(d) I Ching
15. Who does Designori now work for?
(a) His father
(b) The government
(d) The Magister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
2. What is the name of the main character?
3. Who sees Knecht off at the train station?
4. What happens when Knecht is 24-years-old?
5. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)