|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Magister want a representative for?
(a) The Holy See
(b) The Holy Horn
(c) The Holy View
(d) The Holy Tooth
2. In what context does Hesse say he will report on Knecht's life?
3. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Leopard
(b) The Wife
(c) The Disciple
(d) The Shadow
4. Who does Knecht visit in Montepart?
(c) The Music Master
5. What does the author say music comes from?
6. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
7. What does Jacobus think Castalia is an imitation of?
(a) Atheist orders
(b) Buddhist orders
(c) Christian orders
(d) Muslim orders
8. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
(a) He shows respect
(b) He is good at the Glass Bead Game
(c) He is ambitious
(d) He is not ambitious
9. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
10. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
11. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
12. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
(a) The Glass Bead Book
(b) The Golden Book
(c) The Ludi Book
(d) The Master in Waiting Book
13. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
14. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
(a) A IQ exercise
(b) A writing exercise
(c) A memory improvement exercise
(d) A multiple choice exercise
15. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
(a) Grammar school
(b) Elite school
(c) Special needs school
(d) Music school
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
2. What does Knecht like to write?
3. Who selects the Deputy?
4. What is Mariafels?
5. What do people think is the only thing Waldzell graduates are good for?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)