|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Knecht find the Abbot is well versed in?
(b) I Ching
(c) Tibetian Book of the Dead
(d) The Bible
2. Who does Designori now work for?
(a) The government
(c) The Magister
(d) His father
3. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Magistar Ludi
(d) His father
4. What language does Knecht study?
5. What is the deputy also known as?
(a) The Disciple
(b) The Shadow
(c) The Leopard
(d) The Wife
6. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
(a) A sociable life
(b) A noble life
(c) A monastic life
(d) A luxury life
7. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
8. What language does Knecht teach the Abbot?
9. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
(a) The World Department of the Board of Educators
(b) The EU Government
(c) The Political Department of the Board of Educators
(d) The German Goverment
10. What type of theme must a game be started with?
11. Why does Knecht not like the position of Magister?
(a) He does not feel part of the community
(b) He is too busy
(c) He cannot play the Galss Bead Game
(d) He has no time to study
12. What is the name of the Order's headquarters?
13. What movement does the beginning of the Galss Bead Game go back to?
(a) The phony movement
(b) The intellectual movement
(c) The dada movement
(d) The surrealist movement
14. What two countries does the author state the Game originated in?
(a) Greece and China
(b) England and Germany
(c) Russia and Poland
(d) Japan and Korea
15. What is Mariafels?
(a) A monastry
(b) A school
(c) A church
(d) A restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most students become when they graduate from a school of Castalia?
2. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
3. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
4. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
5. What does Knecht have to file every year?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)