|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives at Bamboo Grove?
(a) The Music Master
(b) Elder Brother
(d) The Magister
2. Where does the Music Master live?
3. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
4. What was the name of Knecht's first school?
(a) Science school
(b) School of Communications
(c) Latin school
(d) Music and Art school
5. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
(b) The Music Master
(c) His music teacher
(d) His aunt
6. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
7. Who does Knecht have to be cleared by before he joins the outside world?
(a) The EU Government
(b) The German Goverment
(c) The Political Department of the Board of Educators
(d) The World Department of the Board of Educators
8. Who does Knecht write to about his dilemma?
(a) His father
(d) His Music Master
9. What do common people call people from the Order?
10. What is the Music Master interested in knowing about?
(a) Knecht's work
(b) The organ
(c) The choir
(d) The women
11. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
12. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(a) His family
(c) The Castalia
(d) The Glass Bead Game
13. Where does Knecht have to go to report his return?
(d) Jung House
14. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
15. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
(a) Years of experience
(b) Reading the rules
(c) Talking to players
(d) Learning music
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
2. Where does Knecht return to at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
4. Where does the author say Knecht was destined for?
5. What is the name of Knecht's headmaster?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)