|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Knecht think the Games must be protected from?
(a) The government
(b) Outside influence
(d) Unintelligent people
2. What is Mariafels?
(a) A school
(b) A monastry
(c) A church
(d) A restaurant
3. What happens when Knecht is 24-years-old?
(a) He graduates
(b) He wins a Glass Bead tournament
(c) He finds a job
(d) He fails his exams
4. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
(a) His father
(b) Magistar Ludi
(d) The Music Master
5. What did Designori study at university?
6. What can Knecht study now that he has graduated?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
7. Who selects the Deputy?
(a) The government
(b) The board
(c) The Magister
(d) The Order
8. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
(a) He shows respect
(b) He is good at the Glass Bead Game
(c) He is ambitious
(d) He is not ambitious
9. What is the Golden Book also known as?
(a) The Book of Genuis
(b) The Jidelni Listek
(c) The Wait
(d) The Climbers List
10. What does Jacobus think Castalia is an imitation of?
(a) Buddhist orders
(b) Muslim orders
(c) Atheist orders
(d) Christian orders
11. What is the name of the Order's headquarters?
12. Who welcomes Knecht back to Waldzell?
(b) The Magister
(d) The Magister's deputy
13. How do students of Castalia gain entry to a Castalia school?
(a) Through examinations
(b) Through the Glass Bead Game
(c) Through marriage
(d) Through their teachers
14. What type of theme must a game be started with?
15. What do common people call people from the Order?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
2. What do most students become when they graduate from a school of Castalia?
3. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
4. Why can't players and officials expand on the content of the games?
5. Who wins first prize for the Glass Bead competition?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)