|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of people first played the Glass Bead Game?
2. Who does Knecht write to about his dilemma?
(a) His father
(b) His Music Master
3. What does Designori think Knecht will become?
(a) A Music Master
(b) A Magister
(c) A Games Mater
(d) A politician
4. What kind of life do people from the Order live?
(a) A luxury life
(b) A monastic life
(c) A sociable life
(d) A noble life
5. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
(a) The Glass Bead Game
(b) His family
(c) The Castalia
6. Who does Designori say he won a struggle with?
(b) The headmaster
(c) The Magister
(d) His father
7. What kind of student is Designori?
(a) Senior student
(b) Elite student
(c) Master student
(d) Guest student
8. Why is Knecht popular with his superiors?
(a) He is good at the Glass Bead Game
(b) He shows respect
(c) He is ambitious
(d) He is not ambitious
9. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
(a) Father Jacobus
(b) Father Davison
(c) The Abbot
(d) Father Zinden
10. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
(a) His father
(b) The Music Master
(c) Magistar Ludi
11. What is Maraifels famous for?
(a) Its music
(b) Its literature
(c) Its art
(d) Its philosopy
12. What religion do people assume that Knecht dabbled in while at the monastery?
13. Who is Knecht representing while he is at Mariafels?
(a) His Music Master
(b) The Glass Bead Game
14. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
(a) People who play the Game
(b) People who hate the Game
(c) People who don't know the Game
(d) People interested in the Game
15. Who does the author call the historian of literature?
(a) Plinium Ziegenhalss
(b) Thomas Mann
(d) Herman Hesse
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Knecht more interested in doing than playing the Glass Bead Game?
2. Where does the Music Master live?
3. When does Knecht leave the monastery?
4. What game did Knecht play?
5. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)