|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, A Conversation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Knecht not like the position of Magister?
(a) He is too busy
(b) He has no time to study
(c) He does not feel part of the community
(d) He cannot play the Galss Bead Game
2. In what context does Hesse say he will report on Knecht's life?
3. What is the only way to learn the Glass Bead Game?
(a) Reading the rules
(b) Talking to players
(c) Years of experience
(d) Learning music
4. What is the name of Knecht's assistant?
5. Who does Knecht spend time with at Mariafels?
(a) The Abbot
(b) Father Jacobus
(c) Father Zinden
(d) Father Davison
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Designori say speaking to Knecht is like speaking to?
2. What does the Music Master order Knecht to defend?
3. What does Knecht want to renew with Designori?
4. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
5. What Asian doctrine do the life essays examine?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)