|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He did not marry
(b) He did not leave any work behind
(c) He was born in China
(d) He was a mathamatician
2. What type of theme must a game be started with?
3. Who does the author say the book is intended for?
(a) People who don't know the Game
(b) People who play the Game
(c) People who hate the Game
(d) People interested in the Game
4. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
5. What is the name of the book Knecht's name is placed in?
(a) The Glass Bead Book
(b) The Master in Waiting Book
(c) The Golden Book
(d) The Ludi Book
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows Knecht around his new school?
2. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
3. What kind of exercise did the Glass Bead Game start off as?
4. What does the author say music comes from?
5. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)