|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Call.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of school do his teachers recommend him for?
(a) Elite school
(b) Grammar school
(c) Music school
(d) Special needs school
2. What movement does the beginning of the Galss Bead Game go back to?
(a) The phony movement
(b) The intellectual movement
(c) The dada movement
(d) The surrealist movement
3. Why is Knecht different from Mozart and Bach?
(a) He did not leave any work behind
(b) He did not marry
(c) He was a mathamatician
(d) He was born in China
4. Who visits Knecht in this chapter?
(b) His father
(c) The Music Master
(d) Magistar Ludi
5. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
(b) The Music Master
(c) His music teacher
(d) His aunt
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people first played the Glass Bead Game?
2. What does the author say music comes from?
3. What is a student admitted into when he graduates?
4. What game did Knecht play?
5. What is the name of the town Knecht's first school is located?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)