|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Years of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character?
(a) Thomas Mann
(b) Joseph Knecht
(c) Herman Ungar
(d) Hermann Hesse
2. What movement does the beginning of the Galss Bead Game go back to?
(a) The dada movement
(b) The phony movement
(c) The surrealist movement
(d) The intellectual movement
3. Who asks Knecht to write him a yearly letter?
(a) The Music Master
(b) His music teacher
(d) His aunt
4. What does Knecht decide to concentrate on instead of the Glass Bead Game?
5. What do common people call people from the Order?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites Knecht to his house?
2. What did Designori study at university?
3. What school does Knecht tell his Music Master he would like to enter?
4. What was the second academic subject that the Game embraced?
5. What do people think is the only thing Waldzell graduates are good for?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)