|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Craig carry when they rush to Lisa's side?
(a) Alcohol and bandages.
(b) A stretcher.
(c) The plans for the city.
(d) A backpage filled with supplies.
2. What is the idea Lisa comes up with to recapture the city?
(a) To sneak in and take Tom Logan captive.
(b) To pretend to be a ghost and scare Tom Logan.
(c) To bribe Tom Logan.
(d) To find another army to beat Tom Logan's army.
3. What does Charlie say when Lisa accuses him of telling the other children in the city she was alive?
(a) That he hadn't meant to tell.
(b) That Todd was the one who told.
(c) That he didn't tell.
(d) That he's sorry.
4. What does Lisa tell the children she will give them if they can also find the keys to their parents' cars?
(a) A party.
(b) An extra serving of food at dinner time.
(c) Another toy.
5. Where do they plan for the secret tunnel to come out?
(a) On Lake Road.
(b) About fifty feet from the school.
(c) Near the old neighborhood.
(d) Inside a nearby church.
6. Why does Lisa say she has to speak to the children calling for her?
(a) Because they won't go away until she does.
(b) Because Craig and Jill are gone.
(c) Because it's her job.
(d) Because they are all afraid.
7. Where is Lisa when she has the idea to move all the children to Glenbard?
(a) At the warehouse.
(b) Near the lake.
(c) At Jill's house.
(d) At Craig's house.
8. Why does Lisa say she can't tell Jill and the others the location of the warehouse?
(a) She's afraid the Chidester gang would torture someone into telling.
(b) She's afraid someone will go there and she'll lose control.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She's afraid too many people going there will give away the location.
9. What does Lisa find Jill has provided for her breakfast?
(a) Milk and toast.
10. What does Lisa discover has happened to the dogs when she goes down from the rooftop?
(a) They've been fed too much.
(b) They're all playing with balls and frisbees.
(c) They have been chased away by Tom Logan's gang.
(d) They're all dead.
11. How many guards rush in when Tom gives a signal?
(b) Hundreds .
12. Why does Charlie say he had to temporarily stop training the dogs?
(a) His footprints would have led the enemy to the school.
(b) He doesn't have winter clothing for the cold temperatures.
(c) He's been too busy helping with other jobs.
(d) The dogs have all run away.
13. What's the weather like on May 23?
(d) Warm .
14. What is the first vehicle in the procession of vehicles Lisa sees?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A dump truck.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A bulldozer.
15. What is the wild idea Charlie has about dogs?
(a) To train them to pull wagons.
(b) To have them as pets to make the little kids feel safer.
(c) To train them to attack.
(d) To train them to get supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteers to be Jill's assistant as she tries to remove the bullet?
2. What is scattered around the room where Lisa and the others plan their defense strategies?
3. Who is going to drive the truck to move the children's belongings to Glenbard?
4. What does Lisa say Jill will someday do?
5. What does Lisa tell Tom to do with his army?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)