|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa tell Tom to do with his army?
(a) Leave them.
(c) Divide them up.
(d) Take them.
2. What does Lisa tell the soldiers they're going to look for?
(a) A larger warehouse of supplies.
(b) An army.
(c) A weapon they can use against Tom Logan's gang.
(d) Another place to live.
3. What is Todd sent outside to find?
(b) Hay for padding for a mattress.
(d) Wood for the fire.
4. Why does Lisa tell Todd a story that night?
(a) She doesn't tell him a story.
(b) She wants to make up for having been sad.
(c) She wants to explain why she's happy.
(d) She wants Todd to stop crying.
5. What is the idea Lisa comes up with to recapture the city?
(a) To find another army to beat Tom Logan's army.
(b) To sneak in and take Tom Logan captive.
(c) To pretend to be a ghost and scare Tom Logan.
(d) To bribe Tom Logan.
6. What is the first vehicle in the procession of vehicles Lisa sees?
(a) A bulldozer.
(b) A dump truck.
(c) A convertible.
(d) A pickup.
7. What does Lisa do when the leader of the Wheaton army makes fun of them because Lisa is a girl?
(a) Kicks him.
(c) Tells him to shut up.
(d) Hits him in the nose and makes it bleed.
8. Where does Lisa plan to get the toys she's promised the children?
(a) From the toybox in Jill's closet.
(b) From other houses in the area.
(c) From an abandoned Wal-Mart.
(d) From the warehouse.
9. What is Jill's response to this child's question?
(a) We need to make decorations.
(b) We will in the spring.
(c) We need to find some eggs.
(d) We will when we get swimsuits.
10. Where is Lisa's bullet wound?
(a) Her head.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her leg.
11. What does Lisa do while the army of children assembles near the high school?
(a) Watches them using binoculars .
(b) Finalizes her plans for an attack.
(c) Looks for Jill .
(d) Goes through the tunnel and into the school.
12. What do the children plan to do with the oil they are keeping on the roof?
(a) Heat it and pour it on anyone who attacks.
(b) Pour it on the walls so they become too slick to climb.
(c) Keep their weapons oiled and ready.
(d) Funnel it down to the automotive shop as needed.
13. What do the other kids call the room where Lisa spends most of her time?
(a) The chamber.
(b) Off limits.
(c) The war room.
(d) The dungeon.
14. What does Jill give Lisa to drink when she wakes?
15. Who knocks on the chamber door when Lisa is finally alone there?
(d) Todd, Jill and Tom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom answer when Lisa asks why he feels the need to steal what others worked for?
2. Who is going to become the city's doctor?
3. Who is going to drive the truck to move the children's belongings to Glenbard?
4. Why does Lisa say she can't tell Jill and the others the location of the warehouse?
5. What does Lisa say the children need in order to be able to defend their homes?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)