|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa discover has happened to the dogs when she goes down from the rooftop?
(a) They're all dead.
(b) They're all playing with balls and frisbees.
(c) They have been chased away by Tom Logan's gang.
(d) They've been fed too much.
2. What is Todd sent outside to find?
(b) Wood for the fire.
(c) Hay for padding for a mattress.
3. Who knocks on the chamber door when Lisa is finally alone there?
(d) Todd, Jill and Tom.
4. What do the other kids call the room where Lisa spends most of her time?
(a) The chamber.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) The war room.
(d) Off limits.
5. How long does it take all the children to assemble in front of Jill's house on the night they move to Glenbard?
(a) An hour and a half.
(b) A half hour.
(c) About fifteen minutes.
(d) Three hours.
6. What does Lisa tell Tom to do?
(a) Go away.
(b) Join her.
(d) Find a way to be happy.
7. Who is going to become the city's doctor?
8. Where does Lisa stand to address the soldiers who gather with her?
(a) The road.
(b) The roof of a jeep.
(c) The bed of a pickup.
(d) The porch of a house.
9. What does Lisa find Jill has provided for her breakfast?
(b) Milk and toast.
10. How many children are in Tom Logan's gang by the time he attacks the second time?
11. What does Lisa say she feels for Tom?
(c) Sorry for him.
(d) Fear of him.
12. What are the two items on the table when Lisa is alone in the chamber?
(a) The gun and the candle.
(b) A letter and a knife.
(c) A plate with eggs and a cup of tea.
(d) A map and a flag.
13. Why does Charlie say he had to temporarily stop training the dogs?
(a) He doesn't have winter clothing for the cold temperatures.
(b) The dogs have all run away.
(c) He's been too busy helping with other jobs.
(d) His footprints would have led the enemy to the school.
14. Why doesn't Lisa give Tom the king's happiness advice?
(a) She can't remember.
(b) It no longer makes sense.
(c) He isn't ready.
(d) She knows he won't listen.
15. Where does Tom put the gun?
(a) On the table.
(b) On a bench.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) On the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Craig say the windows of the lower floors can be made secure?
2. What do Erika and Craig spend their day doing?
3. Who first discovers that Lisa isn't dead?
4. Where is Todd supposed to carry the pistol Lisa gives him?
5. What happens to the size of the crowd during the night after Lisa's return?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)