|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa say Jill will someday do?
(a) Leave to work on Craig's farm.
(b) Take over running the city.
(c) Make an important discover.
(d) Leave to start a hospital.
2. Why does Lisa tell Todd a story that night?
(a) She wants Todd to stop crying.
(b) She wants to make up for having been sad.
(c) She wants to explain why she's happy.
(d) She doesn't tell him a story.
3. What does one of the Glenbard soldiers call the leader of the Wheaton army?
(a) Scott Donald Duck.
(c) A kid without a clue.
(d) A big meanie.
4. What does Lisa discover has happened to the dogs when she goes down from the rooftop?
(a) They're all dead.
(b) They've been fed too much.
(c) They're all playing with balls and frisbees.
(d) They have been chased away by Tom Logan's gang.
5. What does Lisa tell the soldiers they're going to look for?
(a) A larger warehouse of supplies.
(b) An army.
(c) A weapon they can use against Tom Logan's gang.
(d) Another place to live.
6. How does Craig say the windows of the lower floors can be made secure?
(a) By covering them with wire.
(b) By putting alarms on them.
(c) By welding covers on them.
(d) By nailing boards over them.
7. Why doesn't Lisa give Tom the king's happiness advice?
(a) She knows he won't listen.
(b) She can't remember.
(c) He isn't ready.
(d) It no longer makes sense.
8. What does Lisa tell each child they must bring in order to get a new toy of their own?
(a) A can of food.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A lawnmower.
(d) A can of gas.
9. What is scattered around the room where Lisa and the others plan their defense strategies?
(a) Notes and drawings.
(b) All the above.
(c) Soda cans.
(d) Candy wrappers.
10. Where does Lisa believe her conversation with Tom will go?
(a) To Lisa earning her victory.
(b) To Tom killing her.
(c) To Tom surrendering.
(d) She doesn't know.
11. Which of the following is one of the reasons Jill says there should be more kids at Glenbard?
(a) There would be more people for her to practice first aid on.
(b) There would be more people to help build a new government.
(c) There would be more friends.
(d) There would be fewer children facing starvation outside.
12. What's the weather like on May 23?
(a) Warm .
13. What does Craig say Erika's job will be on the farm?
(a) To drive the trucks.
(b) To run the house and cook.
(c) To keep the farm records.
(d) To drive the tractor.
14. What does Tom answer when Lisa asks why he feels the need to steal what others worked for?
(a) He says he's afraid.
(b) He says he isn't smart enough to find things for himself.
(c) He says it's easier than working for himself.
(d) He doesn't say anything.
15. Who is in the chamber when Lisa enters?
(c) Tom and Jill.
(d) Jill and Julie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the children cry the night after Lisa sends them all to "earn" their new toys?
2. What is Jill's response to this child's question?
3. Who shoots Lisa?
4. Why does Lisa say she can't tell Jill and the others the location of the warehouse?
5. How many guards rush in when Tom gives a signal?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)