|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lisa believe her conversation with Tom will go?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) To Tom surrendering.
(c) To Lisa earning her victory.
(d) To Tom killing her.
2. Why does Lisa say she has to speak to the children calling for her?
(a) Because they are all afraid.
(b) Because Craig and Jill are gone.
(c) Because they won't go away until she does.
(d) Because it's her job.
3. Why doesn't Lisa give Tom the king's happiness advice?
(a) She knows he won't listen.
(b) He isn't ready.
(c) She can't remember.
(d) It no longer makes sense.
4. Where is Lisa when she has the idea to move all the children to Glenbard?
(a) At the warehouse.
(b) Near the lake.
(c) At Craig's house.
(d) At Jill's house.
5. Where is Todd supposed to park the car when he returns to the city?
(a) In the mechanic's shop at the school.
(b) At Jill's house.
(c) He's supposed to leave the car behind.
(d) In the school parking lot.
6. Which of the following is one of the reasons Jill says there should be more kids at Glenbard?
(a) There would be more people for her to practice first aid on.
(b) There would be more friends.
(c) There would be more people to help build a new government.
(d) There would be fewer children facing starvation outside.
7. What color is the flag the children fly over Glenbard?
(a) Green and purple.
(b) Red, white and blue.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Orange and yellow.
8. Who does Lisa ask to become a spy in the city?
9. How many children are in Tom Logan's gang by the time he attacks the second time?
10. What are the two items on the table when Lisa is alone in the chamber?
(a) The gun and the candle.
(b) A plate with eggs and a cup of tea.
(c) A map and a flag.
(d) A letter and a knife.
11. What is the idea Lisa comes up with to recapture the city?
(a) To bribe Tom Logan.
(b) To find another army to beat Tom Logan's army.
(c) To sneak in and take Tom Logan captive.
(d) To pretend to be a ghost and scare Tom Logan.
12. What does Lisa tell each child they must bring in order to get a new toy of their own?
(a) A lawnmower.
(b) A can opener.
(c) A can of food.
(d) A can of gas.
13. What does Lisa tell Tom to do with his army?
(a) Divide them up.
(c) Take them.
(d) Leave them.
14. How long does Lisa say it will take to get ready to move to Glenbard?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A day or two.
(d) Five or six nights.
15. What does Lisa tell the soldiers they're going to look for?
(a) Another place to live.
(b) A weapon they can use against Tom Logan's gang.
(c) A larger warehouse of supplies.
(d) An army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the Glenbard soldiers call the leader of the Wheaton army?
2. Who is going to become the city's doctor?
3. What question does Lisa ask when she hears the children shouting for her to join them in the hall?
4. Who is the one person is Lisa's story that keeps getting sadder?
5. Who is going to drive the truck to move the children's belongings to Glenbard?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)