|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steve suggest they get food?
(a) From the homes of rich kids.
(b) From warehouses.
(c) From grocery stores.
(d) From the other gangs.
2. What does Lisa provide for the children to drink during the meeting?
3. Who is the first person to set off one of the alarms Lisa and Todd rig up?
4. What is the sign in front of Jill's house?
(a) No Trespassing.
(b) Beware of Dog.
(c) Children's House.
(d) Keep Out.
5. In Lisa's story, what is the idea the little boy has to make their lives better?
(a) To gather all the children into a single building.
(b) To move away.
(c) To reopen the candle factory.
(d) To smile at everyone they meet.
6. What does Lisa realize she must do in order to keep the food they find safe from other children wanting to steal them?
(a) Keep only spinach in the house so others won't want them.
(b) Hide them in places other kids won't look.
(c) Make them look like they are ruined.
(d) Keep only enough food for one day at a time.
7. Where does Lisa get a drink after she eats her candy bar?
(a) A faucet.
(b) A stream by the road.
(c) A jar she has with her.
(d) A bottle of soda from a service station.
8. What does Lisa say the kids can use as a way of summoning help if there's a problem while they're patrolling?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gun.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A car horn.
9. What does Jill Jansen say when Lisa encounters her?
(a) I need food for my sisters!
(b) What's in the bag?
(c) Do you have enough food to share?
(d) Do you want to play?
10. What is the focus of Jill's life?
(a) Wishing for the adults to return.
(b) The orphans who live with her.
(c) The challenge of finding a way to survive.
(d) Learning something new that will help them.
11. What were the meetings that Lisa attended on Mondays before the plague?
(a) Girl Scouts.
(b) Science Club.
(c) Drama Club.
12. What is the last thing Todd says before they go to sleep that night?
(a) I'm glad you're my sister.
(b) I want to learn to drive.
(c) Can we go fishing tomorrow?
(d) Will you tell me a story?
13. What is the sight Lisa and Todd see when they arrive home?
(a) The gang is stealing their food.
(b) Their house is on fire.
(c) The children are having a bonfire.
(d) The children are all outside playing.
14. Why does Lisa slam on the brakes when she and Craig are returning to the warehouse?
(a) She sees a child.
(b) She thinks Craig has fallen behind.
(c) A cat crosses the road.
(d) She can't see the road.
15. What kind of crops are growing in the fields of the first farm where Lisa stops?
(a) There aren't any crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sound Lisa rigs up to be an alarm in case of intruders?
2. What is the second promise Lisa asks Craig to make in chapter six?
3. Which of the following are among the things Lisa has for them to eat at the campfire?
4. How old is Craig?
5. What is the idea Eileen comes up with for a fun weapon?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)