|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are they when Lisa tries to explain to Todd about her mixed up feelings about her accomplishments?
(a) In the car.
(b) In bed.
(c) On the porch.
(d) At the lake.
2. What does Lisa say she had been doing a few weeks ago?
(a) Eating pizza with her mom and dad.
(b) Fighting with the boy down the street.
(c) Figuring out where to get food.
(d) Sitting in social studies class.
3. Where do Lisa and Todd go to spend the night after returning home from the warehouse?
(a) The warehouse.
(c) Jill's house.
(d) Craig's house.
4. What does Lisa see that makes her start to drive away from the warehouse without looking inside?
(a) A bunch of rats.
(b) Ten or more stray dogs.
(c) A large group of boys.
(d) Broken windows.
5. Why does Lisa slam on the brakes when she and Craig are returning to the warehouse?
(a) She sees a child.
(b) She thinks Craig has fallen behind.
(c) A cat crosses the road.
(d) She can't see the road.
6. Who decorates the Christmas tree at the campfire?
(a) Julie and Charlie.
(b) Katy and Todd.
(c) Steven and Logan.
(d) Craig and Erika.
7. What do the children use to create a barrier around the houses?
(a) Booby traps.
(d) Barbed wire.
8. What is the alarm sound for Jill's house?
(a) A flute.
(b) A drum.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A bicycle horn.
9. What were the meetings that Lisa attended on Mondays before the plague?
(b) Girl Scouts.
(c) Science Club.
(d) Drama Club.
10. What is the first promise Lisa asks Craig to make in chapter six?
(a) That he'll show her how to grow food.
(b) That he won't tell anyone where they're getting supplies.
(c) That he'll help her fight the gangs.
(d) That he'll leave the city with her.
11. What do the children discover Lisa and Todd are doing when they disappear from the singing?
(a) They are gone for another load of sodas.
(b) They are building a fence.
(c) They are looking for a new place to live.
(d) Lisa is teaching Todd to drive.
12. How many cars does Lisa see driving along as she walks home?
13. What does Lisa find on Chidester Street?
(a) A great deal of food.
(b) A wagon.
(c) Many buckets of water.
(d) Lots of cans of soup.
14. In Lisa's story, what is the idea the little boy has to make their lives better?
(a) To reopen the candle factory.
(b) To move away.
(c) To gather all the children into a single building.
(d) To smile at everyone they meet.
15. What is the smell Lisa detects in the kitchen?
(a) Dead mice.
(b) Rotting food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Todd have in his pocket when he returns from digging worms?
2. One of the suggestions is to have Tom Logan's gang fight off the Chidester Gang. How is it suggested that they get Tom Logan on their side?
3. What does Lisa provide for the children to drink during the meeting?
4. Who is the first person to set off one of the alarms Lisa and Todd rig up?
5. How many fish does Todd bring home after his first fishing trip?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)