|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lisa see that makes her start to drive away from the warehouse without looking inside?
(a) A large group of boys.
(b) Broken windows.
(c) Ten or more stray dogs.
(d) A bunch of rats.
2. What does Todd have in his pocket when he returns from digging worms?
(a) Fishing line.
(c) A candy bar.
3. How old is Lisa?
4. How many cars does Lisa see driving along as she walks home?
5. What is the deal Tom Logan offers Lisa?
(a) That he won't burn her house if she'll share her food.
(b) That his gang will protect her in exchange for food.
(c) That he'll join her gang if she'll give him food.
(d) That he won't attack them if she'll tell him where she's getting food.
6. What color is Lisa's hair?
7. What is the sign in front of Jill's house?
(a) Beware of Dog.
(b) Keep Out.
(c) No Trespassing.
(d) Children's House.
8. What does Lisa think when she notices the clock at midnight?
(a) That she hears someone walking in the house.
(b) That she should wake Todd to keep watch.
(c) That she's very afraid and hungry.
(d) That she can't wait for the following morning.
9. How long does it take Lisa and Todd to load the supplies into the car?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) All night.
(d) Two hours.
10. Why does Lisa say that she and Todd won't take over the farm?
(a) They don't know how to farm.
(b) They love their home.
(c) They hate animals.
(d) They are too lazy to work so hard.
11. Where do they decide to hide the food they take from the warehouse?
(a) Half at Lisa's house and half at Craig's house.
(b) In six separate locations.
(c) They decide not to move it at all.
(d) In an old school building.
12. What does Lisa tell the children they are going to do the morning after Todd stops the Chidester gang's attack?
(a) Look for another place to live.
(b) Rebuild their defense systems.
(c) Have a holiday.
(d) Practice shooting.
13. What is the sound Lisa rigs up to be an alarm in case of intruders?
(a) A car horn blowing.
(b) The blowing of a trumped.
(c) A dog howling.
(d) Tin cans falling.
14. One of the suggestions is to have Tom Logan's gang fight off the Chidester Gang. How is it suggested that they get Tom Logan on their side?
(a) By giving him money.
(b) By joining his gang.
(c) By giving his gang food.
(d) By promising to take him with them when they leave town.
15. What do the children discover Lisa and Todd are doing when they disappear from the singing?
(a) They are gone for another load of sodas.
(b) They are looking for a new place to live.
(c) Lisa is teaching Todd to drive.
(d) They are building a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa find on Chidester Street?
2. In Lisa's story, what is the idea the little boy has to make their lives better?
3. Where do the children go to sing after it gets cold outside?
4. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
5. Where does Todd get water?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)