|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Todd have in his pocket when he returns from digging worms?
(b) Fishing line.
(c) A candy bar.
2. One of the suggestions is to have Tom Logan's gang fight off the Chidester Gang. How is it suggested that they get Tom Logan on their side?
(a) By joining his gang.
(b) By giving his gang food.
(c) By giving him money.
(d) By promising to take him with them when they leave town.
3. Why does Lisa say Todd can't go with her on her first car ride?
(a) He has to go fishing.
(b) She doesn't have time .
(c) He has to guard the house.
(d) It's too dangerous.
4. What is the idea Eileen comes up with for a fun weapon?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A fire extinguisher.
(c) A water gun.
(d) A BB gun.
5. What is the name of the grocery store Lisa finds listed in the telephone book?
(a) Joel and Son Wholesale Warehouse.
(b) Diamond Food Supply.
(c) Golden's Super store.
(d) Jewel Grocery Warehouse.
6. Who are the main characters in the story Lisa tells Todd before they go to sleep in chapter two?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Todd and Barney Beagle.
(d) Barney the Dinosaur and his friends.
7. Why has Lisa wished to see a moving car for the weeks since the plague?
(a) She wants someone to teach her to drive.
(b) It would mean someone could help her move food to her house.
(c) It would mean there was an adult alive.
(d) She hoped she could catch a ride.
8. Where do they decide to hide the food they take from the warehouse?
(a) Half at Lisa's house and half at Craig's house.
(b) In six separate locations.
(c) In an old school building.
(d) They decide not to move it at all.
9. How old is Lisa?
10. What do Todd and Lisa's signs warn trespassers will happen?
(a) They'll be killed.
(b) They'll be slaughtered.
(c) They'll be shot.
(d) They'll be stabbed.
11. Who decorates the Christmas tree at the campfire?
(a) Craig and Erika.
(b) Julie and Charlie.
(c) Steven and Logan.
(d) Katy and Todd.
12. What does Lisa cook for their dinner?
(a) A TV dinner.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
13. What does Charlie say they should do?
(a) Form a gang of their own.
(b) Leave town.
(d) Start farming.
14. What is the sign in front of Jill's house?
(a) Beware of Dog.
(b) Children's House.
(c) No Trespassing.
(d) Keep Out.
15. In Lisa's story, what is the idea the little boy has to make their lives better?
(a) To gather all the children into a single building.
(b) To move away.
(c) To reopen the candle factory.
(d) To smile at everyone they meet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa find on Chidester Street?
2. What does Lisa provide for the children to drink during the meeting?
3. What does Lisa realize she must do in order to keep the food they find safe from other children wanting to steal them?
4. Why does Charlie say he helped the gang steal food from Lisa?
5. Where are they when Lisa tries to explain to Todd about her mixed up feelings about her accomplishments?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)