|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie say he helped the gang steal food from Lisa?
(a) He thought it was the only way he could get food.
(b) He didn't want the other boys to call him chicken.
(c) He was too lazy to go look for food on his own.
(d) He wants to be cool .
2. What does Lisa see that makes her start to drive away from the warehouse without looking inside?
(a) A large group of boys.
(b) Ten or more stray dogs.
(c) A bunch of rats.
(d) Broken windows.
3. What does Lisa find in the barn of the first farm she visits?
(b) A tractor and other equipment.
(c) Nothing but hay.
(d) Dead cows.
4. Where are they when Lisa tries to explain to Todd about her mixed up feelings about her accomplishments?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the car.
(c) At the lake.
(d) On the porch.
5. What is the task assigned to Julie and her family?
(a) Training the watch dogs.
(b) Filling bottles with gas for bombs.
(c) Cooking lunch every day.
(d) Finding ways to keep the youngest children occupied.
6. How long does it take Lisa and Todd to load the supplies into the car?
(a) Two hours.
(b) All night.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
7. Why does Lisa drive to the back of the building rather than stopping out front?
(a) She doesn't want to give the gangs the idea of searching the warehouse.
(b) She can't find a safe place to park.
(c) She can't find the road to the front of the building.
(d) She wants to make it easier to load supplies.
8. What does Jill say when Lisa demands that her children help patrol Grand Avenue to protect against attacks?
(a) That the little kids won't do it.
(b) That most of the kids are too sick.
(c) That she'll take their turns.
(d) That the little kids would be too scared.
9. What were the meetings that Lisa attended on Mondays before the plague?
(b) Science Club.
(c) Girl Scouts.
(d) Drama Club.
10. What does Jill Jansen say when Lisa encounters her?
(a) Do you want to play?
(b) I need food for my sisters!
(c) Do you have enough food to share?
(d) What's in the bag?
11. Where do the children go to sing after it gets cold outside?
(a) In Lisa's house.
(b) In the old school.
(c) In the boathouse.
(d) In the grocery warehouse.
12. What kind of seeds does Lisa pull from her bag during the meeting?
13. What color are the letters of the grocery warehouse sign?
14. What does Lisa say the kids can use as a way of summoning help if there's a problem while they're patrolling?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car horn.
(d) A trumpet.
15. How many cars does Lisa see driving along as she walks home?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter Lisa finds, what does the man say he's sorry for?
2. Who makes up the song about Grandville?
3. How does Lisa first come up with the idea of a warehouse full of food?
4. What is the last thing Todd says before they go to sleep that night?
5. What street is Lisa's house on?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)