|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the grocery store Lisa finds listed in the telephone book?
(a) Joel and Son Wholesale Warehouse.
(b) Diamond Food Supply.
(c) Golden's Super store.
(d) Jewel Grocery Warehouse.
2. What is the sight Lisa and Todd see when they arrive home?
(a) The children are all outside playing.
(b) The gang is stealing their food.
(c) Their house is on fire.
(d) The children are having a bonfire.
3. Where does Lisa put the watch after she checks the time?
(a) In her coat pocket.
(b) On the table
(c) On her wrist.
(d) In her sack.
4. What does Lisa realize will be a constant problem?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Finding a safer place to sleep at night.
(c) Figuring out how to get the water running again.
(d) Keeping others out of the house.
5. What kind of training happens at nine each morning?
(a) Throwing bombs.
(d) Target practice.
6. How old is Craig?
7. What does Lisa think she might be able to find if she rides north from her house to farms?
(a) A live chicken for eggs.
(b) More children .
(c) Some adults.
(d) A cow for milk.
8. How long does it take Lisa and Todd to load the supplies into the car?
(a) Five hours.
(b) All night.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
9. What does Charlie say they should do?
(b) Form a gang of their own.
(c) Leave town.
(d) Start farming.
10. Where does Lisa find the note from the farmer?
(a) Taped to the back door.
(b) In the cookie jar.
(c) On the table.
(d) In the seat of the truck.
11. What is the second promise Lisa asks Craig to make in chapter six?
(a) That he'll teach Todd to fish.
(b) That he won't join a gang.
(c) That he'll let Erika stay with them in the daytime.
(d) That he'll take care of Todd if he ever needs help.
12. What does Lisa find in the barn of the first farm she visits?
(b) Dead cows.
(c) A tractor and other equipment.
(d) Nothing but hay.
13. Why do members of the Chidester Gang think Tom Logan is dead?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) They can't find him.
(c) He gets shot.
(d) He gets knocked out .
14. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Go hunting.
(d) Look for another house with food.
15. What is the focus of Jill's life?
(a) The orphans who live with her.
(b) Wishing for the adults to return.
(c) The challenge of finding a way to survive.
(d) Learning something new that will help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is appointed to head up the militia?
2. What is written on the outside of the sealed letter Lisa finds on a desk?
3. How fast do Craig and Lisa drive on their way home from the warehouse that first night?
4. Where do the children go to sing after it gets cold outside?
5. What were the meetings that Lisa attended on Mondays before the plague?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)