|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sound Lisa rigs up to be an alarm in case of intruders?
(a) A dog howling.
(b) The blowing of a trumped.
(c) Tin cans falling.
(d) A car horn blowing.
2. Where does Lisa find the note from the farmer?
(a) Taped to the back door.
(b) In the cookie jar.
(c) In the seat of the truck.
(d) On the table.
3. What kind of training happens at nine each morning?
(c) Throwing bombs.
(d) Target practice.
4. Where does Todd get water?
(a) Lake Ellyn.
(b) The backyard faucet.
(c) The neighbor's house.
(d) A pond across the highway.
5. What is the deal Tom Logan offers Lisa?
(a) That he'll join her gang if she'll give him food.
(b) That he won't attack them if she'll tell him where she's getting food.
(c) That he won't burn her house if she'll share her food.
(d) That his gang will protect her in exchange for food.
6. What does Lisa cook for their dinner?
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) A TV dinner.
7. What is the idea Eileen comes up with for a fun weapon?
(a) A slingshot.
(b) A water gun.
(c) A fire extinguisher.
(d) A BB gun.
8. What is the smell Lisa detects in the kitchen?
(a) Rotting food.
(d) Dead mice.
9. Where do Lisa and Todd go to spend the night after returning home from the warehouse?
(b) Jill's house.
(c) The warehouse.
(d) Craig's house.
10. How fast do Craig and Lisa drive on their way home from the warehouse that first night?
(a) No more than ten miles an hour.
(b) Sixty miles an hour.
(c) Almost eighty miles an hour.
(d) About twenty miles an hour.
11. Why does Lisa drive to the back of the building rather than stopping out front?
(a) She wants to make it easier to load supplies.
(b) She doesn't want to give the gangs the idea of searching the warehouse.
(c) She can't find a safe place to park.
(d) She can't find the road to the front of the building.
12. What does Lisa suggest that Todd do with his morning in chapter three?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Go fishing.
(c) Look for another house with food.
(d) Go hunting.
13. Where do they decide to hide the food they take from the warehouse?
(a) In an old school building.
(b) In six separate locations.
(c) They decide not to move it at all.
(d) Half at Lisa's house and half at Craig's house.
14. Where does Lisa get a drink after she eats her candy bar?
(a) A stream by the road.
(b) A bottle of soda from a service station.
(c) A faucet.
(d) A jar she has with her.
15. What does Lisa say would be the signal if the gangs attacked her house?
(a) Todd blowing his trumpet.
(b) A bunch of bottles falling.
(c) Lisa blowing the car horn.
(d) Lisa and Todd screaming for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa realize will be a constant problem?
2. What does Lisa find in the barn of the first farm she visits?
3. What is the sign in front of Jill's house?
4. What does Todd have in his pocket when he returns from digging worms?
5. What kind of seeds does Lisa pull from her bag during the meeting?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)