|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jill Jansen say when Lisa encounters her?
(a) Do you want to play?
(b) Do you have enough food to share?
(c) I need food for my sisters!
(d) What's in the bag?
2. What does Lisa cook for their dinner?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) A TV dinner.
3. Where does Lisa find the note from the farmer?
(a) Taped to the back door.
(b) In the cookie jar.
(c) In the seat of the truck.
(d) On the table.
4. What does Lisa think she might be able to find if she rides north from her house to farms?
(a) A cow for milk.
(b) More children .
(c) A live chicken for eggs.
(d) Some adults.
5. In Lisa's story, what is the idea the little boy has to make their lives better?
(a) To gather all the children into a single building.
(b) To smile at everyone they meet.
(c) To move away.
(d) To reopen the candle factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sign in front of Jill's house?
2. What does Lisa find on Chidester Street?
3. How many fish does Todd bring home after his first fishing trip?
4. Why does Lisa say Todd can't go with her on her first car ride?
5. In the letter Lisa finds, what does the man say he's sorry for?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)