Part One: Chapters 1 and 2
• Lisa is about to break into a house, and she overcomes her fears that she'll be caught or will encounter someone.
• She breaks in, finds soup and other canned foods, and takes medicines and a can opener.
• As she's leaving, she finds a letter from the owner of the home to his son.
• The letter says that all the adults are dying from a plague and that he hopes John survives.
• Lisa, at ten, is responsible for her little brother, Todd, and she got a very similar letter from her own father just days before his death.
• Children under the age of twelve were immune to the virus that killed all the adults.
• Lisa goes home and encounters Jill Jansen, who is looking hungry.
• Jill is taking children into her home.
• Lisa and Todd have a dinner of soup warmed over a charcoal fire...
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)