|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luna tell "No hitting" (253) to when Antain speaks in Chapter 44?
2. Why does Luna make her journey into the forest in Chapter 32?
3. What river does Luna encounter in Chapter 32?
4. What are Glerk's thoughts on violence, according to the narrator in Chapter 45?
5. What is the title of Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Protectorate preserved from the erupting volcano?
2. What does the madwoman recall about her mother in Chapter 26?
3. What does the madwoman learn from Sister Ignatia's conversation in Chapter 26?
4. How does the madwoman find Xan's home in Chapter 31? What does she find there?
5. How does the madwoman spy on Sister Ignatia in Chapter 26?
6. Why does Sister Ignatia become depleted in the forest in Chapter 33? How does she find sustenance?
7. How are hope and sorrow juxtaposed in the novel?
8. What information does Xan learn from Antain in Chapter 37?
9. What does Xan recall of her childhood in Chpater 33?
10. What does the madwoman do when she sees Luna in Chapter 42?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the character of Xan in The Girl Who Drank the Moon. How old is Xan? How does she encounter Luna? Why does she take Luna in to raise herself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characters of Glerk and Fyrian in The Girl Who Drank the Moon. What do these characters look like? How old are they? What are their back-stories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Ethyne in The Girl Who Drank the Moon. When and where is Ethyne introduced? What role does she play in the plot of the novel? Is she a protagonist or antagonist? Why?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)