|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Glerk say that dragons were originally formed in Chapter 35?
(a) In stars.
(b) In volcanos.
(c) In the moon.
(d) In the eyes of a child.
2. How many of the Sisters of the Star follow Ethyne from the Tower when she departs in Chapter 38?
3. What are the arrival of Luna's memories compared with in Chapter 43?
(a) A shipwreck.
(d) An oak tree.
4. What is the title of Chapter 34?
(a) "In Which a Swamp Monster Accidentally Falls in Love."
(b) "The Witch of Washington Avenue."
(c) "In Which a Story Contains a Hint of Truth."
(d) "In Which Luna Meets a Woman in the Wood."
5. Glerk tells Fyrian that the Sorrow Eater is the reason that he was raised how, in Chapter 45?
(a) As a monster.
(b) Without a mother.
(c) Without a father.
(d) As a dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 46?
2. What creatures attack Sister Ignatia in Chapter 34?
3. What river does Luna encounter in Chapter 32?
4. Who is chosen to murder Antain in Chapter 26?
5. What kind of bones does Sister Ignatia use to make a scrying device in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the madwoman spy on Sister Ignatia in Chapter 26?
2. How does Luna manage to overthrow the Sorrow Eater in Chapter 45?
3. What does Xan recall of her childhood in Chpater 33?
4. What information does Xan learn from Antain in Chapter 37?
5. Whose identities are revealed to Luna in Chapter 44? Why?
6. What happens when Sister Ignatia attempts to coerce the madwoman to give over her boots in Chapter 40?
7. How does Luna find the castle and enter it in Chapter 25?
8. How and why does Fyrian begin to transform in Chapter 39?
9. How are hope and sorrow juxtaposed in the novel?
10. Why does Ethyne become enraged with the Grand Elder Gherland in Chapter 34?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)