|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Calpurnia whisper a secret?
2. Where do the spriggans say Ell and Saturday probably have gone?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To Lover's Leap.
(c) To Lonely Gaol.
(d) To Wuthering Heights.
3. What circles the Lonely Gaol?
(a) Calm breezes.
(b) Hot air.
(c) Violent storms.
4. What does everyone on the island do?
(a) Grows food.
(b) Makes paper.
(c) Makes clothing for those in Fairyland.
(d) Makes special shoes for changelings.
5. Who is blowing a kiss at September?
(a) The elder spriggan.
(c) Dr. Fallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who flies September to the high tower where Ell is?
2. What topic does Nor comment about?
3. Of what is Mercurio constructed?
4. When was the Worsted Wood last visited?
5. How are Fairyland and the human world linked?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can September help Ell?
2. What circles the Lonely Gaol and why?
3. Describe the conversation between September and the shark.
4. What does Nor tell September about everyone in the town and how September is like them?
5. What does Dr. Fallow tell September about the foods she's been eating, and how does September react?
6. What happens as September runs out of the Worsted Wood and how is she when she reaches Mercurio?
7. What does Gleam learn of Saturday and Ell?
8. What does the Panther agree to do for September?
9. Who meets Gleam and September inside the castle and what does September say to her?
10. Who is Mr. Map and what does he tell September?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)