|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does September ask the Key to do?
(a) Take her home.
(b) Go find the panther.
(c) Go tell her mother she is fine.
(d) Unlock all the chains of the fairies.
2. Why does the shark keep moving?
(a) The shark is trying to make September dizzy.
(b) The shark will die otherwise.
(c) The shark is getting its morning exercise.
(d) The shark will sink otherwise.
3. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Take Ell with her to the human world.
(b) Defeat Saturday in combat.
(c) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
(d) Defeat the panther.
4. Who is Nor?
(a) The woman half of the pair.
(b) The unicorn half of the pair.
(c) The fairy half of the pair.
(d) The elephant half of the pair.
5. How is Dr. Fallow described?
(a) As gruff.
(b) As mean.
(c) As quiet.
(d) As chatty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does September do when she clasps Saturday to her?
2. Of what is the silent woman made?
3. What color is September's hair turning?
4. What do Saturday and September do?
5. What is responsible for the weather around Lonely Gaol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Marquess reveal to September about the link between worlds and what does the Marquess want September to do?
2. Who is Mr. Map and what does he tell September?
3. Who meets Gleam and September inside the castle and what does September say to her?
4. What happens as September runs out of the Worsted Wood and how is she when she reaches Mercurio?
5. What does Nor tell September about everyone in the town and how September is like them?
6. What dreams do September and Death discuss?
7. Who arrives to greet the visitors to Autumn and what is special about them?
8. What circles the Lonely Gaol and why?
9. What is the Casket and who made it?
10. What does it mean to be ravished?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)