|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does everyone on the island work?
(a) Count Drooley.
(b) The Queen.
(c) Dr. Fallow.
(d) The Marquess.
2. Who is Mr. Map?
(a) A young man with green hair.
(b) A baby.
(c) An eccentric, elderly man.
(d) A young woman who works while asleep.
3. Where are Ell and Saturday?
(a) They are not in the castle.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the highest tower.
(d) In the dungeon.
4. What do Saturday and September do?
(a) Play a riddle game.
(b) Play pick up sticks.
(d) Play chess.
5. What does September realize she has to do?
(a) Defeat the panther.
(b) Defeat Saturday in combat.
(c) Take Ell with her to the human world.
(d) Go home and leave Ell to his fate.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does September worry?
2. How is the gaol formed?
3. What color is September's hair turning?
4. Why does Mr. Map live where he is living?
5. What does Nor say about September?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between September and the shark.
2. How can September help Ell?
3. What does Nor say she might be able to make for September and what is September's response?
4. What does September dream as she falls asleep?
5. What does September tell Ell and Saturday?
6. What does it mean to be ravished?
7. Who meets Gleam and September inside the castle and what does September say to her?
8. How does September get food when she is back on her raft?
9. What surprises September when she leaves Mr. Map's office?
10. How does September defeat Saturday in a duel?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)