|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ell say none of them are compared to September?
(a) As suspicious.
(b) As small.
(c) As hungry.
(d) As ravished.
2. What does September ask of the panther?
(b) Help to rescue Saturday and Ell.
(c) A ride out of there.
(d) The way to her world.
3. What is September like when she wakes?
(a) Half human and half jackal.
(b) Half human and half tree.
(c) Completely turned into a tree.
(d) Fully human.
4. What has September realized about her mother?
(a) The Marquess needs her for some reason.
(b) Her mother has been to Fairyland before.
(c) Her mother does love her.
(d) Her mother is the Queen.
5. What does Nor explain?
(a) One must agree to be halved to come on the island.
(b) Everyone on the island is half a person.
(c) One can never regain the other half.
(d) One can easily regain the other half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a lock of September's hair?
2. Of what is Mercurio constructed?
3. Who is Mr. Map?
4. With what does the woman cut exactly in half join up?
5. Why does the Marquess destroy Gleam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does September dream as she falls asleep?
2. What circles the Lonely Gaol and why?
3. What do the Panther and September wonder about the sleeping Marquess, and what starts to happen and why?
4. What does the Panther agree to do for September?
5. How can September help Ell?
6. What dreams do September and Death discuss?
7. What does Nor tell September about everyone in the town and how September is like them?
8. Where do the Marquess and September ride and what does the Marquess show September?
9. Who is Mr. Map and what does he tell September?
10. Describe the conversation between September and the shark.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)